Target Prices: January 21 - January 27, 2007

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Target Prices: January 21 - January 27, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-07, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Simru12
Thanks for posting the ad Speedy.

Question on the Wii. I see that all three of the big boxes are going to have it on Sunday, but CC is the only one where you mentioned the 'show up early for ticket' thing. Does that mean the other two are simply first come first served? Also, does the Target ad mention any per store minimums?

I already plan on showing up a few hours early, but would like to have an idea what my chances are if I'm number 20 in line. (Fortunately, my closest Target and Best Buy in the same strip mall so it doubles my chances)

David

1. Yes.... It would not suprise me that it large crowds show up that BB / Target reinstate / put into operation some sort of ticket / voucher system as they did during intial launch.

2. Target's ad mentions no unit minimums and there wild ideas about quantities floating about at CAG but if Target plays it smart (like I suspect that they should and will), I'd say 20 units per store is not out of the question.
Old 01-17-07, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by dogmatica
Thank you, Speedy, I always appreciate the early heads-up. With the Wii actually being in the ad, does this mean it's a guaranteed in-stock item, or that I could get a raincheck to guarantee I get one the next time it is in stock if I miss it this time around, etc.? I'm thinking it's time to grab it.

I ask particularly since the CC ad has so many caveats to having them in-stock next week.
I would say that it's guaranteed to be in stock at store's opening.

Here's an article I published over at CAG:

01/12/07

10:46:59, Categories: Gaming News
Virtually Every New Wii and Nintendo DS System Sold Out Across America

There has never been anything like it. Independent U.S. sales figures released by the NPD Group today confirmed a red-hot launch for the new Wii system by Nintendo, and the crowning of the portable Nintendo DS as the best-selling video game device of any type for both the holidays and all of 2006.
Along with stunning success for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and historic sales of accessories, including more than 1.5 million extra controllers for Wii alone, Nintendo recorded the most successful across-the-board holiday performance in U.S. video game history. Among key results:

* Consumers purchased every Wii console available at retail -- more than a million in just the 44 days between U.S. launch and year end.

* With sales of another 1.6 million systems in December alone, Nintendo DS achieved full year sell-through of 5.3 million.

* The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was purchased by an extraordinary 86 percent of Wii buyers, or more than 900,000 games for that system alone. Coupled with the companion version released in December for Nintendo GameCube, the two versions of the newest Zelda title totaled approximately 1.5 million unit sales in less than seven weeks, which would represent one of the five best-selling games for the entire year.

* Wii owners also purchased an average of three additional games from a wide library of choices, in addition to the Wii Sports title packed in with every hardware system.

* Two Nintendo DS titles, New Super Mario Bros. and Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day, also were top-10 sellers for the year.

* Throughout the November/December holiday shopping period, Nintendo accounted for more than half of all video game hardware systems sold in America.

Earlier this week, Nintendo increased its projected worldwide financial performance for the year ending on March 31 to be the best in company history.

"Millions of players, both hard-core and brand-new, are already enjoying the unique entertainment provided by Wii, but demand for the system remains incredibly high," says Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. "So our work is just beginning. We're dedicating ourselves to maximizing both manufacturing and distribution full bore throughout 2007, to make sure everyone who wants to experience the future of video gaming can do so just as soon as possible."

The momentum behind Wii will continue unabated through the early weeks of 2007, with retail debuts of WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Wii Play and Mario Party 8 from Nintendo; a host of third-party releases; and a steady stream of classic games made available via download with the Wii Shop Channel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-19-07, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I purchased my wii @ target on launch day. They handed out tickets at 7am and the store opened at 8. I don't know if they will be doing this now though.
Old 01-19-07, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

When Speedy said Target often has prior TV seasons on sale for the same price, what about 24? Is the fact that only season 1 is being advertised for $17.99 mean the others will be regularly priced because there are no prior seasons?

I also assume only season 1 will be shown in the Target ad, so I can only pricematch season 1 unless I have the store call Target. $2 x 5 = $10 would be worth the effort. Season 1 alone for $2... I don't know.

DVD Talkers, please post if you see other 24 seasons for $17.99 next week at Target. Thanks.
Old 01-20-07, 09:43 AM
Cool New Member

I just got the Target ad for tomorrow, and the wii isnt advertised anywhere in it. In fact, on page 6 the only items advertised are the wii mote, nunchuck, and two games. Thoughts?
Old 01-20-07, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MoviesRMyLife
I just got the Target ad for tomorrow, and the wii isnt advertised anywhere in it. In fact, on page 6 the only items advertised are the wii mote, nunchuck, and two games. Thoughts?
Could be a regional variation and I left the ads for the 21st at work. So i can't access them until I go back tomorrow.

Onre of the posters at CAG stated that his / her Target had them in stock for this sale and that's how he / she inadvertantly got one.
Old 01-20-07, 04:45 PM
Cool New Member

I was thinking maybe it was a regional thing....but thanks for the heads up on that poster. I may just check Target tonight anyway for the hell of it.
Old 01-20-07, 08:18 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Manzana
When Speedy said Target often has prior TV seasons on sale for the same price, what about 24? Is the fact that only season 1 is being advertised for $17.99 mean the others will be regularly priced because there are no prior seasons?

I also assume only season 1 will be shown in the Target ad, so I can only pricematch season 1 unless I have the store call Target. $2 x 5 = $10 would be worth the effort. Season 1 alone for $2... I don't know.

DVD Talkers, please post if you see other 24 seasons for $17.99 next week at Target. Thanks.

I'm also interested in this, but for The Simpsons. If anyone is able to get the other seasons of the series for the advertised sale price, I'd like to know. I've never purchased multiple seasons from Target at one time where the ad didn't specifically list each of the seasons that were on sale, and I'd just like to be sure before I hit the store.
Old 01-21-07, 09:36 AM

The Dallas Target ad does not have Wiis, just the Remote and Nunchuk. Also I have heard that Houston and Austin don't have it either, so it seems like most of Texas is not getting Wiis today.

Speedy thanks for the posting the ad, my had the 24 DVD and I might check out Target today to see if it includes all seasons.
Old 01-21-07, 09:49 AM
Banned

FYI the local Target in MA here had 24 Season 1 for 17.99, all the other seasons were 44.99 I used the $10 coupon from the Season 6 dvd preview and paid 7.99 for Season 1, can't beat that deal! Also this target has alot of Wii in stock and they were going fast!
Old 01-21-07, 11:17 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Manzana

Edit Seasons 1 is the only season of 24 available at 17.99

I saw the following on sale for 17.99. I apologize if I leave out a couple:

24 - Seasons 1
Rescue Me seasons 1 and 2
That 70's Show seasons 1,2 and 3
ALF Seasons 1 and 2
Dawsons Creek season 6
Bewitched seasons 1 and 2
Simpsons Season 1 and 2
Mind of Mencia Volume 1

I know there were a few Seinfeld seasons, but again cannot remember which seasons. But there are plenty of TV sets available for 17.99

Last edited by pmoney316; 01-21-07 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-21-07, 01:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My local Target only had 24 Season 1 at 17.99, the other seasons were all listed at 44.99. I picked up the last copy of Season 1.
Old 01-21-07, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A buddy said Target in Kansas City only had 24 Season 1 for $17.99 all the other seasons were regular price.
Old 01-21-07, 01:41 PM
Suspended

I apologize for the mix-up. Someone put the Seinfeld season 4 label, which is 17.99, in front of the 24 season 4 display. I edited my post, and apologize again.

All 5 seasons are on sale at Circuit City, but they didn't have any available where I live, so I couldn't find out how much they were.
Old 01-21-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by speedy1961
Could be a regional variation and I left the ads for the 21st at work. So i can't access them until I go back tomorrow.

Onre of the posters at CAG stated that his / her Target had them in stock for this sale and that's how he / she inadvertantly got one.
I checked the ad when I got into work and the NorthEast edition does have the Wii and 6 games listed just as I stated.

Last edited by speedy1961; 01-21-07 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-21-07, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
The Saw III deluxe edition sounds interesting. I wonder if the bonus disc is worth the extra $8? Otherwise paying 14.99 at Circuit City sounds a little more reasonable. On the other hand, Lions Gate titles always drop in price within 6 months of release, so maybe this is something that I can wait on.
Old 01-23-07, 08:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya
The Saw III deluxe edition sounds interesting. I wonder if the bonus disc is worth the extra $8? Otherwise paying 14.99 at Circuit City sounds a little more reasonable. On the other hand, Lions Gate titles always drop in price within 6 months of release, so maybe this is something that I can wait on.
Just picked up the Target exclusive. The bonus disk is just as good as the Circuit City bonus disk, plus the exclusive slipcover and both disks are housed in the case. For nice editions like this I don't mind the extra coin for this edition..BTW NO Lenticular cover on the Target exclusive...
Old 01-23-07, 11:00 PM
Banned

Read on the Saw III thread that the bonus disc only clocks in at 12 minutes. Mine is going back.

The new Doors 15th Anniv is one of the movies priced at $10. Wasn't marked that way but rather on an end cap that had a $10 sign above it. It indeed rang up as $10 when I checked out.

They also have all three Arrested Development seasons at $17.99 each. Picked me up season 3 to complete my collection.