Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Prices: January 14, 2007 - January 20, 2007

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Prices: January 14, 2007 - January 20, 2007

Old 01-15-07, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the copy I purchased says Fullscrenn/Widescreen and when entered into Dvd Profiler it says both but displays the wrong picture.

UPC 43396-81759
Old 01-15-07, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks speedy. It looks like no sites online are clear about what's going on. I've seen both covers on various sites and various combinations of widescreen, fullscreen and both.

Mike, that seems to fit what dvdcompare has listed. They say it's a two sided disc with widescreen on one side and full screen on the other.

How are returns on in store pick up items? If I order it and find out it's full screen only can they return it and refund my money on the spot?

EDIT: Thanks for the help guys. I decided to just buy the other stuff I wanted and I'll look for Anaconda on the shelf when I'm there. It's not a big deal if I miss out on it, and it's just easier that way because I can check the packaging myself.

Last edited by smashthesymbols; 01-15-07 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-15-07, 11:54 PM

Thanks Speedy! I picked up the Chicago Razzle Dazzle Edition tonight.
Old 01-16-07, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It wasn't in the ad, but Employee of the Month has a bonus disc
Old 01-17-07, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just a quick update on the Anaconda issue, if anyone else cared. I was in Best Buy today picking up my order and I looked for Anaconda on the shelf. There was maybe 15 copies available, all with the cast photo cover on them. Of those two had a different back cover and were listed as widescreen and full screen, the rest were full screen only. I grabbed one of the ones that said wide and full, it's a double sided disc with both on it, just like dvdcompare lists. Both versions had the same UPC, 4339681759, so if you go to get Anaconda beware that there's more than one version available.
Old 01-17-07, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
Just a quick update on the Anaconda issue, if anyone else cared. I was in Best Buy today picking up my order and I looked for Anaconda on the shelf. There was maybe 15 copies available, all with the cast photo cover on them. Of those two had a different back cover and were listed as widescreen and full screen, the rest were full screen only. I grabbed one of the ones that said wide and full, it's a double sided disc with both on it, just like dvdcompare lists. Both versions had the same UPC, 4339681759, so if you go to get Anaconda beware that there's more than one version available.
Thanks for the definitive Intel STS!