DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Harold Lloyd Comedy Collection Box Set - $25 @WalMart.com (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/488891-harold-lloyd-comedy-collection-box-set-%2425-%40walmart-com.html)

ernestrp 01-08-07 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by FangsFirst
appears to be back in stock, too...EDIT: SCRATCH THAT! it lies...you go to checkout and it says not available :\

I'am awaiting a cancellation email.

:sad:

X 01-08-07 02:39 PM

I got an email saying mine shipped.

utopianz14 01-08-07 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by X
I got an email saying mine shipped.

Got the same email just now.

runner001 01-08-07 02:42 PM

let us know what you actually receive, will you?

chris_santucci 01-08-07 02:49 PM

appears to be back in stock, too...EDIT: SCRATCH THAT! it lies...you go to checkout and it says not available :\

LOL. Yeah. I got really thrilled to see "in stock" until the checkout pulled up. Gosh. I'm hoping to find a Walmart store with it, but I don't they would have it or honor the online deal.

Laser Movies 01-08-07 02:53 PM

Ordered last night and also received shipping confirmation a short time ago.

ernestrp 01-08-07 02:54 PM

I just checked my account and it is listed as shipped with a tracking #. No email yet.

:banana:

Dexter Douglas 01-08-07 03:25 PM

I got the shipping notice with tracking number as well.

kenbenobi 01-09-07 08:08 AM

Price is 67.88 now... Deal is positively dead... Man, I wish it was in stock for me yesterday. Great deal, guys. I hope that everyone who successfully ordered it gets it.

Tolhurst 01-09-07 09:19 PM

I wish I never saw this thread!

Karl LaFong 01-09-07 09:22 PM

Keaton set then?

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
Picked one up just now. I personally prefer Buster Keaton a little more (i.e. The General) but at this price I couldn't pass it by. Thanks OP.

Anyone know where to pick up the Keaton Kino set for a fair price? I mean, $179??C'mon!! Has it ever been anywhere for under $100?

kenbenobi 01-10-07 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Karl LaFong
Anyone know where to pick up the Keaton Kino set for a fair price? I mean, $179??C'mon!! Has it ever been anywhere for under $100?

Yes. It is on sale for $129.96 at B&N.com right now. There is a 15% off code in another thread if you are a member, plus your standard member 10% off, which brings it down to $97.47. It isn't cheap, but it's the best I've seen... If you aren't a member, there is the $10 Mastercard coupon, and you can combine that with the AAA discount of 5%, to bring it down to $113.46. I think that's the best you can do right now...

k_lodge 01-10-07 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Yes. It is on sale for $129.96 at B&N.com right now. Go to any B&M store and do a ship to home order to get another title free (up to the same price), plus get $10 off for using a MC and save 10% if you are a member....

The Barnes& Noble deal is for TV boxsets only. I dont think you will be able to get this one as part of the deal

kenbenobi 01-10-07 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by k_lodge
The Barnes& Noble deal is for TV boxsets only. I dont think you will be able to get this one as part of the deal

You are correct, I forgot. I have revised my post...

Dr. Calamari 01-10-07 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by TheHypnoToad
Who knows if this will ship or how long it will stay in stock given that it's listed on WalMart.com. But it's not a bad deal and only $.97 shipping:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/...=64951.5493435

Thank You, HypnoToad, for posting this...I ordered two copies as soon as I got onto the WalMart site, and received confirmation and a tracking number shortly thereafter. Two very hard-to-shop-for individuals on my birthday present list will be receiving these, unless I decide to keep one set for myself!

Sure wish the Buster Keaton set someone upthread mentioned would appear on the WalMart site, with similar pricing!

Thanks again!

TheHypnoToad 01-10-07 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Calamari
Thank You, HypnoToad, for posting this...I ordered two copies as soon as I got onto the WalMart site, and received confirmation and a tracking number shortly thereafter. Two very hard-to-shop-for individuals on my birthday present list will be receiving these, unless I decide to keep one set for myself!

Sure wish the Buster Keaton set someone upthread mentioned would appear on the WalMart site, with similar pricing!

Thanks again!

No problem, glad that some of the folks on the board were able to get copies of it along with the other titles that folks hi-lighted. :wave:

and if anyone spys a deal like this on the Keaton Box, please let us all know!

Pasco 01-11-07 12:01 AM

Got it in the mail today.

DisneyDVDFAN 01-11-07 05:45 AM

Buster Keaton Collection (3pc) (Rmst B&W Dol) (1921)
Starring: Buster Keaton Rating NR
Price: $9.98 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details

Pre-Order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and release date, you'll receive the lowest price. See Details
Availability: This title will be released on February 27, 2007. Pre-order now!. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

i don't know if that qualifies and it is AMAZON ;)

Karl LaFong 01-11-07 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Yes. It is on sale for $129.96 at B&N.com right now. There is a 15% off code in another thread if you are a member, plus your standard member 10% off, which brings it down to $97.47. It isn't cheap, but it's the best I've seen... If you aren't a member, there is the $10 Mastercard coupon, and you can combine that with the AAA discount of 5%, to bring it down to $113.46. I think that's the best you can do right now...

That is the best deal I've seen on it. Thanks for the info!!

utopianz14 01-12-07 12:31 AM

I got the box set today, but there's a large gash along the bottom front edge of the slipcase. I'm going to try to get it replaced.

nelslus 01-12-07 09:36 PM

My set arrived today in perfect condition. I'm a big silent films fan- so, again, I must offer a big thanks to OP/TheHypnoToad.

gribalski 01-12-07 10:33 PM

Mine arrived today as well - thanks for the info OP.

X 01-12-07 11:20 PM

I got mine today as well, in perfect condition. It was great watching Safety Last with my 11 year old who had no idea that this type of movie existed and really enjoyed it.

EEz28 01-12-07 11:29 PM

Mine also came in today in excellent condition, thanks OP!!!

Lokimok 01-13-07 11:28 AM

Anyone's set rattle? Mine arrived today & I'm afraid to open it. It sounds like there is a loose disc, but I'm wondering if it might just be the 3d glasses...