DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Back! Google $10 off $10 for new users (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/488642-back-google-%2410-off-%2410-new-users.html)

garmonbozia 01-06-07 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Arpeggi
So far I got:
Lucky Number Slevin HD DVD $13.02 (DVDempire)
Contempt CC $17ish (DVDPlanet)
My Morning Jacket-At Dawn $6ish (CD universe)

DVDEmpire and CD Universe are not showing up on the list of stores for me...... and I keep getting an error for DVDPlanet :(

historyavenger 01-06-07 03:55 PM

i got an order through dvdplanet right before the error message :/

rkndkn 01-06-07 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by garmonbozia
DVDEmpire and CD Universe are not showing up on the list of stores for me...... and I keep getting an error for DVDPlanet :(

Once you create a new member account, you don't really need to use a link from the store list. Just go to dvdplanet.com by typing the address, and after you put something in your cart, click the $10 off Google checkout button at the bottom. It will bring up the form to input your new Google e-mail and password. After you enter that, the $10 will be deducted from your total.

(I haven't tried at Empire or CD Universe, but it may work similarly.)

DVDmaniac14 01-06-07 05:23 PM

STILL not working for me...i keep TRYING to create a new account and it's just not working for me...i go to check out but each time i get to the total price of the items page on the last step, it doesn't show the $10 off?! wtf?!

thejester 01-06-07 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
STILL not working for me...i keep TRYING to create a new account and it's just not working for me...i go to check out but each time i get to the total price of the items page on the last step, it doesn't show the $10 off?! wtf?!

Sounds like what happened to me twice. I got to the check-out page at [pick vendor] (DVDEmpire, DVDPlanet, Buy.com), signed into my Google account & the $10 discount didn't appear. What I ended up having to do was 1) go to the link in OP post, 2) sign up for promotion w/that same existing Google account BUT with a new virtual CC #, 3) went to vendor site, put DVD in my cart & proceeded to GCO, 4) re-signed into that same account from #2 & it showed up this time.

Steve 01-06-07 07:53 PM

got Better Tomorrow II and OUATIC III for $7 from DVD planet.

Wahoo!

jackson walker 01-06-07 08:24 PM

Since santa brought me a Playstation 3 for Christmas, I picked up "The Searchers" in Blu-Ray for about $11.00. Thanks OP.

PopcornTreeCt 01-06-07 09:19 PM

I ordered the Children of Men OST for $4.98 from CD Universe. Woot!

DVDmaniac14 01-07-07 01:16 AM

well i FINALLY got it to work cuz realized the coupon doesn't work on used dvds unfortunately :( but man there are some new movies comin out that i REALLY wanna sink my teeth into for just over $11! after GCO!!!!

DVDmaniac14 01-07-07 01:27 AM

oh man...with this deal expiring Feb. 15th....im going to be putting mi paycheck towards finishing A LOT OF SERIES! and some i just found for $6.95 after GCO...SWEEEET!!!!! :-D

badger1997 01-07-07 04:14 AM

I've been trying to use this the past two days at DVDPlanet and i keep getting an error message from Google each time I hit the final button to place the order. I'm trying buy Extras: Season 1. Does this not work with pre-orders or something? I thought it did, but after trying multiple time I'm at a loss. I've tried both with FireFox and with Explorer too and same results every time. :(

nz-kiwiman 01-07-07 05:05 AM

Does not work with pre orders. I thought I could pre order myself Voltron Collection 3 for cheap, but I couldn't

Now im trying to figure out what to actually purchase. So many USA DVDs I want, but not enought cash to get them all, and some are still quite expenesive for me after exchange rates and shipping.

Oh, and the deal ends on the 15th Feb, but you don't have to use the discount till the 31st March I think. (Though I will use mine as quick as I can, just incase)

NoirFan 01-07-07 10:40 AM

Now CD Universe doesen't even mention the 10 off 10 discount as part of the Google Checkout logo. Discount still doesen't work.

alfonsosoriano 01-07-07 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
oh man...with this deal expiring Feb. 15th....im going to be putting mi paycheck towards finishing A LOT OF SERIES! and some i just found for $6.95 after GCO...SWEEEET!!!!! :-D

how many credit card/virtual numbers do you have??

Scrumtrulescent 01-07-07 11:13 AM

Angel-Season 1 for $13.90 from Buy.com.

kmac2878 01-07-07 11:16 AM

Picked up The Long Good Friday for $2.95.

Al_Tahoe 01-07-07 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by badger1997
I've been trying to use this the past two days at DVDPlanet and i keep getting an error message from Google each time I hit the final button to place the order.

Exact same thing is happening to me - except that what I'm trying to order is NOT a preorder (Children of Paradise - Criterion), and is definitely in-stock! :mad2:

HockeyMan2000 01-07-07 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Now CD Universe doesen't even mention the 10 off 10 discount as part of the Google Checkout logo. Discount still doesen't work.

I think they dumped it Saturday sometime...worked fine on Friday but looks like they've removed the promo altogether.

ChefWinduAZ 01-07-07 11:57 AM

I have been having trouble ordering The Batman: Season One from Planet. Everytime I hit the Google Checkout button it gives me an error screen. But if I try to check out with any other title, including The Batman: Season Two, I have no problems.

smashthesymbols 01-07-07 12:29 PM

I was able to use the discount at CD Universe around 8:30 last night. This was with a legit new account, I had never used Google Checkout before. I picked up the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for Gamecube.

The Cow 01-07-07 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by HockeyMan2000
I think they dumped it Saturday sometime...worked fine on Friday but looks like they've removed the promo altogether.

Nope, still works. Just bought "The Searchers" Blu-Ray.

bunnydojo 01-07-07 05:30 PM

I finally gave GCO a chance and bought The Conformist at DVDEmpire for $2.99
I've never tried GCO or DVDEmpire before and haven't seen The Conformist, but for $2.99 I'm willing to give all three a chance. -wink-

Thanks for the heads-up.

Roy28 01-07-07 07:45 PM

My apologies if this has already been asked, but can DVDPLANET coupons & Frequent Buyer points be used in combination with the $10 google checkout promo?

There is a link on the google/dvdplanet checkout page for coupons, but when I enter one I get a response that the coupon is invalid (it will apply if you go through the regular checkout). I don't see a way to use frequent buyer points on the GCO page, so I'm gessing that Dvdplanet coupons and bonus points can't be used with the GCO promo, but I just wanted to check. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks for any help,

Roy

Mosskeeto 01-07-07 08:39 PM

GCO bonus in this case cannot be used with any other special codes, coupons etc. Same was true for the earlier $10 off $30 purchase (now expired).

cine 01-07-07 09:10 PM

Got this error message while trying to use GCO on DVDPlanet:

"dvdplanet.com has sent Google a shopping cart with errors in it. We'll contact them to ask that they fix this problem. As this could be a temporary issue, you can go back in your browser to try checking out again."

Anyone else had this problem?