DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Back! Google $10 off $10 for new users (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/488642-back-google-%2410-off-%2410-new-users.html)

DVDmaniac14 01-18-07 03:05 PM

if any one has ordered a used dvd...how long did it take DVD planet to ship it? pleaseee let me know!

FARRELLCITYKING 01-18-07 04:32 PM

Just a heads up to all of you that have ordered from DVDPLANET.COM.....
i've recently learned that even tho your GOOGLE ACCOUNT may say: "IN PROCESS"......doesn't mean your products haven't been shipped yet

I found this out by calling DVDPLANET.COM to check up on 1 of my orders and was told: "Sir, your order has already been shipped" (approx. 4 days prior to the GOOGLE CHECKOUT finally reporting my items have been SHIPPED)

alfonsosoriano 01-18-07 04:46 PM

Finally got the email saying they've been shipped.

DVDmaniac14 01-18-07 04:58 PM

hmmmm this is GOOD news farrellcityking! thanks!!!!

JoN8282 01-18-07 09:48 PM

all my dvd planet orders have appeared as shipped - A++++

DVDmaniac14 01-18-07 10:45 PM

were any of them by chance...Used? cuz im still waiting for my orders to shipp...i think ill just call them in the morning...but i feel a little weird calling them and asking about all these different orders i made on different accounts...any suggestions on what to do there?

DVDmaniac14 01-18-07 10:57 PM

well just got the e-mail slapped on me regarding my additional created accounts...damn...so does that mean that all the other accounts i created and the orders i made with them will be cancelled?

The Reaper 01-18-07 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
well just got the e-mail slapped on me regarding my additional created accounts...damn...so does that mean that all the other accounts i created and the orders i made with them will be cancelled?

Were they with the same credit card?

DVDmaniac14 01-18-07 11:24 PM

only 2 of them were...but i actually just figured it out...only one of them has been cancelled so far....thank God...but 2 pending orders MAY be cancelled as well...im hoping not tho

Cosmic Bus 01-18-07 11:48 PM

The orders I'm placing with Paypal's Virtual Card are coming up declined now, no matter the vendor. I've tried updating the info as per the instructions on a previous page of this thread, and even trying newly created numbers to no avail. I don't keep a balance in my Paypal account, so it simply uses the account my physical card (which is already registered with my initial GCO account) is tied to as a "backup." Anyone know if this could be why they're declining the orders?

Brent L 01-18-07 11:52 PM

Are you creating the account, then instantly going to edit the VC information as stated before, and then placing the order?

I found that you must do it in that order, or the steps listed before do not help at all.

Anna Karina 01-19-07 12:36 AM

For my Phantom of Liberty order, I had to change the shipping address and they ended up telling me on January 15th that my order was cancelled and my money was refunded.

How long from the 15th should I be expecting my refund to go back in the bank? Because it hasn't shown up yet.

DthRdrX 01-19-07 03:41 AM

Are there only certain Paypal members that are allowed to download the virtual card program? I can't find or access it anywhere.

The Reaper 01-19-07 04:19 AM

It's in beta testing now, but I'm not sure if only select members can use it (probably, though). Go to your account overview and see if there's an ad for it over on the right hand side of the screen.

DthRdrX 01-19-07 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by The Reaper
It's in beta testing now, but I'm not sure if only select members can use it (probably, though). Go to your account overview and see if there's an ad for it over on the right hand side of the screen.

Looks like I wsn't lucky enough then. :)

Thanks for the info!

DVDmaniac14 01-19-07 06:54 AM

well somehow...even though it said some of my orders got cancelled...all my items have shipped now! O_o odd....

Cosmic Bus 01-19-07 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by BrentLumkin
Are you creating the account, then instantly going to edit the VC information as stated before, and then placing the order?

Ah, I guess I didn't catch that part before. I'd been trying to edit after placing the orders. Still, I'm hesitant to cancel these declined orders outright and try again because I see they're still showing as "pending" in my Paypal account. I don't need to end up with multiple copies of everything...

Brent L 01-19-07 09:25 AM

Don't worry about the pending charges. Once you cancel your order, the charges will fall off in a few days.

bluetoast 01-19-07 01:41 PM

When it says "Oops, an error occurred" at buy.com, does that mean it definitely didn't go through, and I should try again?

dadaluholla 01-19-07 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast
When it says "Oops, an error occurred" at buy.com, does that mean it definitely didn't go through, and I should try again?

Yes, it definitely did NOT go through, and there probably isn't much point in trying again.

Cosmic Bus 01-19-07 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus
The orders I'm placing with Paypal's Virtual Card are coming up declined now, no matter the vendor. I don't keep a balance in my Paypal account, so it simply uses the account my physical card (which is already registered with my initial GCO account) is tied to as a "backup." Anyone know if this could be why they're declining the orders?

I found out why my orders were declined: my card number was among the ones stolen in the TJX hack. Found out after checking with my bank this morning; luckily, my account is still intact, so I'm just waiting on a new card. *whew!*

Peep 01-19-07 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus
I found out why my orders were declined: my card number was among the ones stolen in the TJX hack. Found out after checking with my bank this morning; luckily, my account is still intact, so I'm just waiting on a new card. *whew!*

That sucks! Glad you found out in time.

DVDmaniac14 01-20-07 08:30 AM

so how long does dvdplanet's media mail usually take? cuz i've been waiting on one order for about 9 days now...

Arpeggi 01-20-07 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
so how long does dvdplanet's media mail usually take? cuz i've been waiting on one order for about 9 days now...

Been waiting for 15.

DVDmaniac14 01-20-07 09:34 AM

damn it takes that long?! where exactly do you live arpeggi?