DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Back! Google $10 off $10 for new users (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/488642-back-google-%2410-off-%2410-new-users.html)

Mosskeeto 01-15-07 12:52 AM

I was wondering if the people who are getting the error message might be using e-mail addresses that had been registered for the previous $10 off for new users back in November. I never did sign up during the earlier activation bonus period but eventually made 40+ GCO purchases using the $10 off $30/$20 off $50. During the current registration period I've made 4 transactions using different e-mails including one just a little while ago.
In other words is possible that it's just reused/re-registered addresses that had gotten a "new user" incentive last year that are now getting rejected?
Doubtful but I thought I'd ask.

DVDmaniac14 01-15-07 07:28 AM

well i bought Castle in the Sky for $1.48 but when i look at my order status page it just says that theres an error and that i have no recent purchases? wtf...i guess everyone is dealing with this error message too...well ill give it another day and if nothing shows up then ill try ordering it again...

SniDa 01-15-07 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
I was wondering if the people who are getting the error message might be using e-mail addresses that had been registered for the previous $10 off for new users back in November. I never did sign up during the earlier activation bonus period but eventually made 40+ GCO purchases using the $10 off $30/$20 off $50. During the current registration period I've made 4 transactions using different e-mails including one just a little while ago.
In other words is possible that it's just reused/re-registered addresses that had gotten a "new user" incentive last year that are now getting rejected?
Doubtful but I thought I'd ask.

Nope, I've tried creating new Gmail accounts and also using different e-mail addresses, but I still get the error every time now.

DVDmaniac14 01-15-07 03:08 PM

ok good now i don't get an error anymore! HORRAY!

Brent L 01-15-07 03:39 PM

How did you fix it?

The Reaper 01-15-07 03:56 PM

I ordered 3 different used dvds from Dvd Planet recently. 2 of them still show up for sale, though. I think it's just a Google problem.

Geist 01-15-07 04:11 PM

I think it might flag multiple orders from the same credit card. It seems like people ordered dozens of things from different email addresses but with the same card.

If you start over using a new card, again with different email addresses, maybe it will work for more orders until you trip some automated alert system designed to prevent abuse?

NoirFan 01-15-07 04:45 PM

Don't get error message here, it just won't apply the discount once I log in to my Google account.

Geist 01-15-07 05:06 PM

The method of using an existing account mentioned in the first pages of this thread stopped working. If you re-enter the same information under an old GCO account, it was working, but now it won't subtract the discount at checkout.

If you created a new account with different email address but same credit card #, it was working up until a few days ago, showing the discount but giving you the error after you tried to approve the order.

Now that isn't working either. It should work if you create a new account using a new email address and a new credit card, but how many times you can use the new credit card with different email addresses remains to be seen.

animatedude 01-16-07 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
ok good now i don't get an error anymore! HORRAY!

how?

DVDmaniac14 01-16-07 06:32 AM

well nevermind...its weird...i keep gettin off and on error messages and im not sure exactly whats going on...

FARRELLCITYKING 01-16-07 06:39 AM

I don't know about anybody else.....but ALL of my orders (both from Dvdplanet.com & Buy.com) still say IN PROGRESS

it's been approx. 5 days now

I hope there's not a problem...

The Reaper 01-16-07 07:55 AM

Heh, I tried to sneak in an order with a previous card and finally got the error message. Damn you, Gagoogles.....damn you to hell.

DVDmaniac14 01-16-07 08:16 AM

wait so everyone is getting the error on the ORDER STATUS PAGE right...just to make that clear....?

dadaluholla 01-16-07 08:23 AM

wait so everyone is getting the error on the ORDER STATUS PAGE right...just to make that clear....?

No, my error screen comes up when you actually hit the "place order" button. I am blocked from further deals on my 2 cards at this point.

DVDmaniac14 01-16-07 08:39 AM

i haven't had that problem yet and i have NO IDEA WHY...but whenever i look on the order status page it says "WHOOPS! THIS PAGE HAS AN ERROR AND CANNOT BE DISPLAYED" or something like that...but then later it will show my order...then it'll show that error message again whenever i check it later...WEIRD O_o

Peep 01-16-07 11:30 AM

i haven't had that problem yet and i have NO IDEA WHY...but whenever i look on the order status page it says "WHOOPS! THIS PAGE HAS AN ERROR AND CANNOT BE DISPLAYED" or something like that...but then later it will show my order...then it'll show that error message again whenever i check it later...WEIRD O_o

They're probably in the middle of cancelling all your pending orders.

:)

DVDmaniac14 01-16-07 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Peep
They're probably in the middle of cancelling all your pending orders.

:)

damn i sure hope not...well ill cross my fingers cuz it says they charged my credit card...so shouldn't that mean they're still going to go through with my order? hmmm?

bluesilo 01-16-07 01:19 PM

Anybody who did free shipping get their copy of Mouchette today? Mine shipped on the 10th and its still not here yet

cdollaz 01-16-07 02:10 PM

After completing 2 orders on the first go-round, my 2nd and 3rd order of this year's deal shipped today. One more to go, but it's a preorder so will not ship until early February.

FARRELLCITYKING 01-16-07 04:11 PM

2 of my orders shipped today:

The Iceman Interviews: $4.51 (after $10 discount)(Buy.com)

The Boondocks- The Complete Season 1: $27.46
(i got 2 copies with the buy 1 get 1 free sale)(price reflects $10 Google discount)(Dvdplanet.com)

that's 2 down......

2 more orders to go

Marathon Man, The Green Mile, & Scent of a Woman: $1.98 (after $10 Google discount)(Dvdplanet.com)

Simpsons-Complete Eighth Season(Collectible Maggie Head): $9.78 (after $10 Google discount)(Buy.com)

LET'S GO $10 GOOGLE DISCOUNT.....YEYYYYYYYYY!!!! (lol)

getjazzedman 01-16-07 05:33 PM

Buy.com is sucking it up bad. Everything I'm trying to buy is "Ineligable" for the $10 off deal for no apparent reason. All items in stock etc...

Here's what I've tried:

City of God DVD
U2 - Vertigo Live DVD
Dave Matthews - Music Videos DVD

I forget what else.

Anyone know what gives?

JoN8282 01-16-07 05:45 PM

been in on this a few times - always new email / cc# (virtual) -

my recent batch of orders - all the dvd empire orders shipped - all the dvd planet orders say "IN PROGRESS"

no idea what the hold up is, but i don't think it's any type of flag.

NoirFan 01-16-07 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by JoN8282
been in on this a few times - always new email / cc# (virtual) -

How do I go about getting these? Thru my credit card company, or Paypal?

Bob511 01-16-07 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by getjazzedman
Buy.com is sucking it up bad. Everything I'm trying to buy is "Ineligable" for the $10 off deal for no apparent reason. All items in stock etc...

Here's what I've tried:

City of God DVD
U2 - Vertigo Live DVD
Dave Matthews - Music Videos DVD

I forget what else.

Anyone know what gives?

Those are all out of stock.