DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Back! Google $10 off $10 for new users (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/488642-back-google-%2410-off-%2410-new-users.html)

bluetoast 01-11-07 10:50 PM

I might try to grab Extras for $10 or so, or perhaps get a Preacher TBP for 60 cents at buy.com

BTW, does anybody know of cheap items on buy.com around 50 cents or less to get to the $10 minimum?

FARRELLCITYKING 01-12-07 05:36 AM

1 Marathon Man - USED $1.99
1 Green Mile - USED $3.99
1 Scent Of A Woman - USED $5.00

Shipping & Handling (Economy Shipping) : $1.00
Tax (PA) : $0.00

1 Google Checkout $10 Sign-up Bonus -$10.00

Total: $1.98

:D

NoirFan 01-12-07 01:16 PM

Doesen't seem to be allowing repeated discounts on the same card with different Google accounts.

DrnknMstr2 01-12-07 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Doesen't seem to be allowing repeated discounts on the same card with different Google accounts.

I placed 2 seperate orders with the only difference being my email address.
Same credit and shipping info and both orders shipped without incident.

dadaluholla 01-12-07 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by DrnknMstr2
I placed 2 seperate orders with the only difference being my email address.
Same credit and shipping info and both orders shipped without incident.

When did you place these orders?

Peep 01-12-07 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
When did you place these orders?

And when did you create the accounts? Are people having trouble creating new accounts or using the $10 credit in an account that was previously created?

NoirFan 01-12-07 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Peep
Are people having trouble creating new accounts or using the $10 credit in an account that was previously created?

The latter. I was able to place three orders with different email accounts and the same credit card, all of which have shipped. Created three different Google accounts since then, and none of them allow me to take the discount.

animatedude 01-12-07 04:33 PM

it worked over dvdempire.com a few hours ago but when i wanted to try it on dvdplanet and dvdempire again, using different emails, i keep getting this:

"An error occurred while processing your request. " is this normal? or does that mean the deal is dead now? (except for new ones of course)

Brent L 01-12-07 04:33 PM

I just created a test account to see what's up, and by using a PayPal virtual number, it does show the discount at the final "place order" screen.

animatedude 01-12-07 04:34 PM

yeah it does show to me too but when i click place order i get the error message..

Peep 01-12-07 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by animatedude
yeah it does show to me too but when i click place order i get the error message..

And you are using a different credit card number than you've ever used/registered before?

cgray 01-12-07 04:43 PM

I just created a different account (new email) and used a card i hadn't used before. Worked over at DVD planet.

I tried adding a card to an existing account this morning at buy.com. I could get the discount to show up, but when I would checkout, it'd give me the error message.

NoirFan 01-12-07 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by animatedude

I don't even get that far..when I click on the Google discount button at checkout, the total price remains the same. Tried with several different Google accounts, same result.

animatedude 01-12-07 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Peep
And you are using a different credit card number than you've ever used/registered before?

same card.

kenbenobi 01-12-07 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan
I don't even get that far..when I click on the Google discount button at checkout, the total price remains the same. Tried with several different Google accounts, same result.

Did you re-use email address for existing accounts, or create new ones? I've been using different emails, but the same address and credit card info.

NoirFan 01-12-07 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Did you re-use email address for existing accounts, or create new ones? I've been using different emails, but the same address and credit card info.

Each Google account had a different email address, same credit card #. The first three transactions shipped without a problem. Now can't get discount to apply. Have tried three different Google accounts, with different emails than the ones I used for the orders that shipped.

Geist 01-12-07 06:40 PM

Just to cut to the chase for people, I think you get 1 shot per credit card# now.

animatedude 01-12-07 06:58 PM

maybe it has something to do with cookies and IPs? maybe if i deleted my cookies it will work?

u dunno...anyone tried it on existing credit card with different email in the last 3-4 hours?

The Cow 01-12-07 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Geist
Just to cut to the chase for people, I think you get 1 shot per credit card# now.

I just made an order from Buy.com with same credit card number, new account number. No problem for me.

bluetoast 01-12-07 09:47 PM

My $10 off isn't being applied to my buy.com order. I am an existing user, but I followed the instructions from the first page (logging in from the link in first post). Does anybody know what's up?

kenbenobi 01-12-07 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast
My $10 off isn't being applied to my buy.com order. I am an existing user, but I followed the instructions from the first page (logging in from the link in first post). Does anybody know what's up?

Did you just "log in" as you stated, or did you actually re-sign up for a new account using the same info as an existing account? Cuz that is what you need to do...

filmfreak 01-12-07 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast

I have the same problem. Just ordered Out of Sight on HD DVD and it came out to 19.94 + tax 1.58 and shipping 1.90 total =23.42. No $10 discount anywhere!!

bluetoast 01-12-07 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Did you just "log in" as you stated, or did you actually re-sign up for a new account using the same info as an existing account? Cuz that is what you need to do...

Thanks, that ended up working, using a new email and everything else the same. Filmfreak, that should work.

JoN8282 01-13-07 12:44 AM

this is still working for me - via my virtual cards and new emails.... worked at both dvd emp and planet.

Seantn 01-13-07 01:23 AM

Should I cancel my order? I signed up for Google Checkout, and went to DVD empire and ordered a DVD for 10.74, with 2.05 shipping. It wasn't showing up as any discount on the order page, but the FAQ on the google page said that that was normal, and the discount might not show up on the order, but that they would take it off. Well, I ordered, went to my google account page, and it says I have no orders in my order history. What am I doing wrong? Should I cancel my order?