Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

FYE DOTD: 12/10 Firefly The Complete Series ~$9.29 after $15 MIR

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

FYE DOTD: 12/10 Firefly The Complete Series ~$9.29 after $15 MIR

Old 12-12-06, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ravenous
Sigh... After I do my first order all the negatives show up. Hey Steve have you done one from fye before?

Rebates Ive tried for with CDRs and stuff never seem to come in.

For those who have done orders from here before. How long does it take to get this with budget shipping?
Yes, Ravenous - I did 2 MIR. Got one 8 months later - almost forgot about it. I may have gotten the other one, but quite honestly it was so small and I got so long afterwards I may not have recognized what it was for!!

That's my problem with these things...if you look at the true value of money (e.g. calculating the loss of interest and time while THEY have the money before they send it to you) sometimes I don't think it's worth it. Yeah, I know with a deal like this it may be worth it, but I still have to pay the sale price WITH the MIR cost upfront... and chance I may get it - and who knows when? I'd just rather spend the extra time up front shopping for the best deal that I can be happy with and leave it at that.

just my 2 cents.
Old 12-12-06, 11:10 PM
HTN

I'm not sure what is going on with FYE inventory tracking, but Firefly shows as back "in stock". Even adding it to your cart does not show "back ordered". The sale price has dropped to $19.99. With the 10% MC promo, it's $17.99 + sales tax OTD. It may be worth a shot for those who have been looking at Target's $18.99 promo as an alternative.
Old 12-12-06, 11:35 PM

just my two cents

don't think this deal is really worth it considering all the time and effort invested. remember time is money.

if you want this series, go to dvdplanet and buy it with another box set you want for the same price in the b1g1 free sale. Use the google checkout to knock off $10.
The final price would be $13.50. Sure the price is higher, but it is till very cheap and you are spared the trouble of going through this rebate thing.
Old 12-13-06, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat
just my two cents

don't think this deal is really worth it considering all the time and effort invested. remember time is money.

if you want this series, go to dvdplanet and buy it with another box set you want for the same price in the b1g1 free sale. Use the google checkout to knock off $10.
The final price would be $13.50. Sure the price is higher, but it is till very cheap and you are spared the trouble of going through this rebate thing.
Problem is Firefly is not one of the eligible ones for the sale..
DG
Old 12-13-06, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by disneyguy
Problem is Firefly is not one of the eligible ones for the sale..
DG

Actually, "Firefly: The Complete Series" is one of the listed items eligible for the b1g1 sale at DVDPlanet. It is currently in stock so the google checkout applies. I know because I have bought this same series along with the other series "Space: Above and Beyond" in this current sale. Just check again.
Old 12-13-06, 09:28 AM

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones... Just got this e-mail from FYE saying they just shipped my Firefly DVDs...
------------------------------------

Hello XXXXX,

Just wanted to let you know that the item(s) listed below from your
order #XXXXXXXX have shipped and are on the way to your door.

If you have any questions regarding this or any other order, please
send an email to customer support using our email form at
https://secure.fye.com/support/email.aspx

Once again, thank you for your order. We look forward to earning your
business.

Sincerely,

FYE
www.fye.com

Order #XXXXXXXX

sku: 40231032
description: Firefly: The Complete Series
qty: 1
ship date: 12/12/2006
---------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-13-06, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FeelingGreat
Sure the price is higher, but it is till very cheap and you are spared the trouble of going through this rebate thing.
I'm starting to get the impression that you don't like doing the FYE rebate dance.
Old 12-13-06, 09:54 AM

It look like now you get get it with the Free Shipping and the 10% off for 17.99 at FYE....that's worth it to me to not mess with a rebate.

It's only 19.99 at target.com though....I check and my store is out of them for 18.99.

So how is FYE to work with vs someone like target?
Old 12-13-06, 10:04 AM

good luck getting you're rebate's...
FYE is getting terrable coming thru.....
Old 12-14-06, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by BlockbusterDude
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones... Just got this e-mail from FYE saying they just shipped my Firefly DVDs...
You are. I just got an email today cancelling my order. A bit late, I'd say. Since FYE can handle backorders, I think this is just a cheesy way to get out of paying up on a rebate that was more popular than anticipated.
Old 12-14-06, 02:54 PM
Cool New Member

I just (12/14/06 14:52 CST) purchased it for $19.99-10%+free shipping=$19.74 before the rebate of $15. Go for it!
Old 12-14-06, 03:06 PM

party pooper

Originally Posted by jedivalkyrie
I just (12/14/06 14:52 CST) purchased it for $19.99-10%+free shipping=$19.74 before the rebate of $15. Go for it!
Sorry to be a party pooper but the $15 rebate is only good if you purchased Firefly on 12/10 and have the dated e-mail and package slip to prove it... This is stated on instruction #2 on the rebate form..

Sorry man... You still got a good price though... just not $11.00 like those of us who qualify for the rebate...
Old 12-14-06, 03:07 PM
HTN

Originally Posted by jedivalkyrie
Which $15 rebate? The one mentioned in this thread was Fye one day only (12/10/06) deal.
Old 12-15-06, 03:09 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by BlockbusterDude
Sorry to be a party pooper but the $15 rebate is only good if you purchased Firefly on 12/10 and have the dated e-mail and package slip to prove it... This is stated on instruction #2 on the rebate form..

Sorry man... You still got a good price though... just not $11.00 like those of us who qualify for the rebate...
Oh well, $19.74 shipped is still better than a B&M with tax. Good enough for me.
Old 12-15-06, 03:10 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by HTN
Which $15 rebate? The one mentioned in this thread was Fye one day only (12/10/06) deal.
Good point, I see the fine print now. Still got a deal, though. The wife is uber happy.
Old 12-24-06, 09:50 AM
HTN

Just an FYI for those still looking for a copy at $19.XX, I noticed Walmart is selling it for $19.88 .
Old 02-06-07, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Has anyone gotten their rebate yet...?
Old 02-06-07, 11:20 AM

SOB's

Originally Posted by reverie
Has anyone gotten their rebate yet...?
Funny you should ask... Just this weekend I got a postcard from Trans World Entertainment in the mail saying:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for participating in this promotion.
Unfortunately we could not honor your request
due to the following reason(s):
Firefly: Complete Series - Firefly: Complete
Series Missing UPC; Invalid Purchase Date

Has anyone else received this??? How is this possible?? The rebate did not ask for a UPC and the purchase date was well within the requirements.

The postcard also said:

To resubmit for this offer you must return this card and any validating information to the address shown above by: 02/16/2007

I am calling the 1-800 number today to see what the hell they are talking about here...
Old 02-06-07, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That's not at all surprising. I've dealt with their rebate stuff once before, and swore that'd be it. But for this deal, I took the bait again. But at least I planned on having to call them at some point again to fix their mistakes. By the way, what is the number to call (or is it on the form... I'm at work right now..)?