DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   .99 DVDs at Movie Gallery (Thanksgiving Day & Weekend Sale) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/484299-99-dvds-movie-gallery-thanksgiving-day-weekend-sale.html)

thechozenone 11-21-06 10:03 PM

.99 DVDs at Movie Gallery (Thanksgiving Day & Weekend Sale)

Heads up, Movie Gallery will be having a Thanksgiving sale with certain Preplayed movies only .99 and others for 4.99 that lasts until Sunday. THe only catch is you have to have a flyer advertising the sale.

Below is the link to the website as well as a link directly to the flyer on the site. It also looks like the titles will be YMMV and some are better than others.

http://www.moviegallery.com/specials...iday06/us.aspx (site)

http://www.moviegallery.com/mg_conte...oupons/us2.pdf (flyer)

EDIT: The flyer will probably be taken down come Wednesday as stores have supposedly been told to get them out to customers no later than Wednesday and to trash the extras.

TexasDVDer 11-21-06 10:24 PM

The mail today had a flyer for Blockbuster with the same offers. Are they connected.

paulringodaman 11-21-06 10:29 PM

thanks man!!

chard31 11-21-06 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by TexasDVDer
The mail today had a flyer for Blockbuster with the same offers. Are they connected.

I don't think so...

We found 28 Hollywood Video stores close to your location. Hollywood Video is owned by Movie Gallery.
View the Hollywood Video stores near you.

thechozenone 11-21-06 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by chard31
I don't think so...

Chard is correct. Movie Gallery and Hollywood Video are now the one and same, however they are not connected with Blockbuster.

speedyray 11-21-06 11:44 PM

What is the price for Cars, Ice Age 2, You Me and Dupree and Davinci Code?

ShinMusashi44 11-22-06 10:44 AM

Is there anyway to get this not in Adobe format? I have to save the pic to disc and take it to a place with a printer but they dont have Adobe so i cant print in out.

exharrison 11-22-06 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by ShinMusashi44
Is there anyway to get this not in Adobe format? I have to save the pic to disc and take it to a place with a printer but they dont have Adobe so i cant print in out.

Print screen the flyer and paste it in paint, save as jpg.

Greg613 11-22-06 11:54 AM

WOW, thank you for the post. There are few movies on there well worth $0.99 that I will pick up.

chard31 11-22-06 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by ShinMusashi44

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9951/mgsaleyi8.jpg

pcdoctor 11-23-06 11:15 AM

Just got back.

I got for .99
Bewitched, Hide and Seek and Red Eye

I got for $5
The Producers, Yours, Mine & Ours, Wedding Crashers and Rumor Has It.

I also got some free Prison Break and Nip Tuck rentals by using coupons.

xfilekr 11-23-06 01:12 PM

Mine said they weren't doing the promotion...didnt care to push the issue either cause they only had a few titles like Simone...

TriciaJ 11-23-06 02:00 PM

I bought:
Bewitched (3)
Christmas With The Kranks (4)
Red Eye (1)
Stepford Wives (1)

Retail Price: 85.91
Actual Price 8.91
Savings: 77.00

Not bad for 5 minutes worth of shopping :lol:

~Tricia

pcdoctor 11-23-06 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by TriciaJ
I bought:
Bewitched (3)
Christmas With The Kranks (4)
Red Eye (1)
Stepford Wives (1)

Retail Price: 85.91
Actual Price 8.91
Savings: 77.00

Not bad for 5 minutes worth of shopping :lol:

~Tricia

Wow!
You were there only five mins?
I think I was there at least an hour (maybe).
I already had Stepford and Kranks but I wish I could have gotten them for .99
I can't wait until I get get some next year for .99
I wonder if they will sell anymore for .99 in Dec.?
If they do sell some more DVDs for .99 in Dec., I hope they have a different selection.

TriciaJ 11-23-06 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by pcdoctor
Wow!
You were there only five mins?
I think I was there at least an hour (maybe).

There wasn't really anybody in the store when I was there so it made shopping easy. My store also had them all grouped together by price. They even had balloons marking the sale displays.

Does anyone know what Blockbuster has/had on sale?
~Tricia

Steve 11-24-06 12:07 PM

note: this does NOT work for Hollywood video. Coupon on flyer does NOT work. There is a special flyer that is ONLY avaiable through mail (e-mail or snail mail) - not available elsewhere. Bummer - guy at HWV tried to scan the above coupon in the PDF flyer and it didn't work.

arrgh. Lots of films I wanted too.

pcdoctor 11-24-06 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by TriciaJ
There wasn't really anybody in the store when I was there so it made shopping easy. My store also had them all grouped together by price. They even had balloons marking the sale displays.

Does anyone know what Blockbuster has/had on sale?
~Tricia

Yes, I was the only one in the store for a few mins.

BamaDan 11-24-06 09:52 PM

Thanks to the OP. Picked up 10 from the 0.99 list and promptly turned them into $40 credit at Blockbuster. Probably need to do that again before the sale ends.

Jah-Wren Ryel 11-25-06 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by BamaDan
Thanks to the OP. Picked up 10 from the 0.99 list and promptly turned them into $40 credit at Blockbuster. Probably need to do that again before the sale ends.

Lol! Arbitrage in the market for used DVDs.

GetrDone 11-25-06 04:36 AM

my store didn't have christmas with the cranks and my fiance really wanted that one :(
I did pick up:
Red Eye(2)
Hide and Seek
The Grudge
Stepford Wives
Stuck on You
Sideways(2)

$4.99:
Transporter 2
Saw 2

Digital Groove 11-25-06 07:34 PM

I'm gonna go there tomorrow, hopefully I can pick up Match Point.

stingermck 11-25-06 08:20 PM

Bought 8 of the .99 cent titles, went to movie stop, and reserved/payed for Miami Vice with four of them, and got $20 off ALi G show set with the other 4. Score!

Greg613 11-25-06 08:39 PM

Which ones are worth the most credit?

yourlocalcinema 11-26-06 03:29 PM

I picked up Hide & Seek, Bewitched, Christmas With The Cranks & Manchurian Candidate today. There's another sale going on for 50% off of any four previously viewed DVD's, so I paid $2.10 total.

The cashier said the 99 cent sale is extending into December. Anyone know if that's the case?

Greg613 11-26-06 06:38 PM

I saw signs for the half off four, but I didn't think to ask about applying that to the ones I was buying.

In all I picked up 27 movies, not too shabby. Now I have to be patient and wait for a good trade in deal.

Also, the guy told me that they were talking about having more on the list including some tv discs like OZ, but when they came out it was just the movies we saw. But nothing about the sale going until December.