(DEAD) $10 off $30 now working at DVDPlanet through GCO

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) $10 off $30 now working at DVDPlanet through GCO

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-07, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. If this is giving you "NIGHTMARES" over the $20-30 lost order then your outlook is misplaced. Life is much too valuable to get too worked up over this sum. If you can't get it resolved then dispute the charge with your credit card.
No kidding. It's like the end of the world or something...
Old 01-02-07, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

ugh....can some one add "dead" to the thread title,please?
Old 01-02-07, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by FeelingGreat
NO THE ORDE WAS NEVER SHIPPED!

All orders shipped at DVDPlanet shows up in your DVDPlanet account even if you check out with google

The order was placed on December 6, 2006. I have placed multiple orders with dvdplanet using google and many orders were placed well after Decembe 6 and I have got them all.

I have the exact DVDPlanet and Google order number for this order on December 6, 2006. I don't understand how they can say it is shipped. I never got the order and my account record with google and DVDPlanet clearly show it was never shipped. DVDPlanet claim that they shipped the order on December 19, 2006 and I logged into my account at DVDPlanet and copy and paste all the orders shipped on December 19, 2006 and send it in an email to them. They respond by email saying I need to return the item to get refund when I have clearly shown them the record that the order was never shipped. It was canceled before it was shipped.

I even emailed them a copy of the google receipt for the order bearing the transaction date of December 6, 2006 and it clearly says it is in processing.

What is happening is that the order was canceled at DVDPlaent in the first place. DVDPlanet has the record that it was canceled and never shipped and I show them a copy of that from y account record with them. They refuse to give me the refund. The money has been charged through google. The order was canceled and google has taken my money.

I can not believe these people. This is a freaking NIGHTMARE. I had placed an order at www.buy.com before using google checkout and I have canceled without a problem. At www.buy.com I logged into the account on line and place a cancellation request. Then buy.com notify google the order is canceled and I am never charged. Why can't the same thing happen at DVDPlanet.

WHAT I WANT MOST RIGHT NOW IS FOR GOOGLE AND DVDPLANET TO BE LEGALLY FINED IN SOME MANNER. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Old 01-02-07, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dispute the transaction with your credit card. Couldn't be more simple. I've had to dispute other things in the past and it's usually pretty pain free. I think I've disputed 7-10 different things before and like I said, pretty simple and easy. Especially if it's only like $10-20. They'll probably credit it almost immediately.
Old 01-02-07, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So you're no longer Feeling Great, I take it?
Old 01-02-07, 07:27 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
They could cancel your google account though if you go to your credit card company.
Old 01-02-07, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by animatedude
ugh....can some one add "dead" to the thread title,please?
That would be nice.
Old 01-03-07, 12:31 PM

anyone else have an issue with getting 2 free items by accident? I just got a letter from dvdplanet Loss Prevention that Im not too happy about.

Details here : http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=488444
Old 01-03-07, 02:00 PM

The only issue I had was being unable to order through the GCO, the GCO telling me that DVD Planet don't ship to the UK and therefore refusing to complete the order. I emailed DVD Planet (who of course do ship to the UK) about it, and the only advice I received was to clear my cookies...needless to say, it didn't help.