DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

SUPERMAN RETURNS: Store exclusives

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-06, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
SUPERMAN RETURNS: Store exclusives

Best Buy exclusive!

Order Superman Returns (2-Disc Special Edition) and receive collectible multipanel packaging, as well as a 64-page excerpted edition of Superman: The Ultimate Guide to the Man of Steel.

The packaging and Ultimate Guide will arrive with the DVD and are available while supplies last.

Don't miss the Best Buy exclusive busts of Superman, Clark Kent and Lex Luthor that can be purchased separately!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at105600050015

Target [from SPEEDY's thread]:

Superman Returns >>>> $15.99
Superman Returns Blu-Ray >>>> $29.99
Superman Returns : Deluxe Edition >>>>> $22.99 ++++

Target Exclusive Superman Returns Deluxe Edition includes collectible 3-D lenticular package and 2 Superman 1940 Radio Shows // Quantities limited // No rain checks

I gotta say I REALLY like the Deluxe Edition Cover // It shows Brandon Routh in Clark Kent dress shirt / backpack pulling open his shirt to reveal classic Superman logo underneath! Daily Planet building in background on right.... Very Cool looking IMO

Circuit City [from SPEEDY's thread]:

Superman Returns >>>> $13.99 ****
Superman Returns: 2 DVD Special Edition >>>> $22.99 ++++

****Circuit City Exclusive: Free Superman Returns Lithograph cell // While supplies last // Minimum 50 per store

++++Circuit City Exclusive: Specal Edition has Superman vs. Lex Luthor packaging plus 1 hour bonus DVD: "The Science of Superman"

Last edited by gerrythedon; 11-20-06 at 01:10 AM.
Old 11-20-06, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for collecting these. Too bad none of the exclusives work with the Ultimate Box Set.
Old 11-20-06, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jkzahn
Thanks for collecting these. Too bad none of the exclusives work with the Ultimate Box Set.
You can probably get the lithograph at CC. If it is like Star Wars, they just hand it to you at the customer service counter...
Old 11-20-06, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We are being told at Transworld Fye,Coconuts, etc... That we have an exclusive Lunchbox edition. I'll confirm once I have seen it.
Old 11-21-06, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

sh*t, another bonus fiasco. damn!
Old 11-21-06, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by darmok
sh*t, another bonus fiasco. damn!
Get used to it. It's pretty much going to be the norm from now on.
Old 11-21-06, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think BB's exclusive seems to have the most worth. Lenticular packaging really doesn't impress me all that much.
Old 11-21-06, 09:59 AM
Banned

What's that bonus DVD at CC??
Old 11-21-06, 10:02 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Wal-Mart has a bonus DVD of the Justice League animated series and a comic book, reprinting "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?", the last Superman story edited by Julius Schwartz.
Old 11-21-06, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
What's that bonus DVD at CC??
'The Science of Superman' was a documentary on National Geographic around the time SR was released.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...man-movie.html
Old 11-21-06, 10:14 AM

Uhh I'll wait for the super special edition with the Krypton openening scene that has already been hinted at.
Old 11-21-06, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KFelon
Uhh I'll wait for the super special edition with the Krypton openening scene that has already been hinted at.
Spend $13.99 now or wait until 2009 for a possible better edition? I think I'll pull the trigger this coming week.
Old 11-21-06, 10:44 AM

Um do any of them come with a copy of a better movie?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap!
Old 11-28-06, 05:55 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
FYE stores have it in a metal lunchbox with a comic book and cover collection.

Anyone buy this and open it yet? Is the DVD inside still sealed and easily giftable?

I already bought it at Target, but would love this lunchbox if I didn't get stuck with an extra copy of the movie.
Old 11-28-06, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i wish you could get a deal somewhere on the extras and not have to buy 3 copies of the movie, grrr. like the best buy deal, 10 bucks for the figure is cool, but 30 dollars if you don't get a superman item with it, is insane.
Old 11-28-06, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So anyone who got it at CC, is there actually a bonus DVD inside as stated in their exclusive slipcase [but actual DVD lloks the same as the other 2 discer's]? It looks and feels the same to me, I haven't opened it yet. Got it for $13.99 at CC instore [price mistake on their web site]
Old 11-28-06, 09:13 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, the third (bonus) disc is inside the case, in a nondescript white sleeve.
Old 11-28-06, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Yes, the third (bonus) disc is inside the case, in a nondescript white sleeve.
Thank U.
Old 11-28-06, 09:15 PM

Can someone who bought the Target exclusive edition of Superman Returns tell us where the exclusive bonus feature is located? Is there a third disc inside? Thanks.
Old 11-28-06, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I bought the Target and FYE Exclusives

Originally Posted by xage

The Metal Tin Lunchbox (FYE and sister stores Exclusive)

Lenticular Images of the Target Exclusive

Old 11-29-06, 01:00 AM

My question has not been answered. Target's edition says there are 2 Superman 1940 Radio Shows in the DVD. I'd like to know where this special feature is located. Is it inside the case on the third disc? Or is it added on the 2nd disc of regular special edition? From outside there's no way to tell where that special feature is located. I don't want to open it and end up getting the same as a regular special edition. So if somebody opens your own Target copy, I'd appreicate it if you could tell us what inside looks like and where to find that bonus feature.
Old 11-29-06, 03:43 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
DVDphilic it's inside the case in a seperate cardboard/pocket thingie. It has artwork on the back and front. Like the Circuit City exclusive. Nice. Not some bland disc sleeve.

As for knowing. There's a sticker on the slip cover that says it has the bonus disc.

I don't want to come off being an ass, but I'm very confused why this simple thing is so hard. It playing the Sesame Street game, "one of these things is not like the other". I rarely ask for help. I look in the new releases area, reading stickers and shaking cases for loose discs. If I can't find it, such as with the bonus disc for "Apocalypse Now: The Complete Dossier" I go to the main DVD area and look under the appropriate genre. Nine times out of ten, there it is.

I think the reason is time, you only have so much time to search for any particular title. That's the only thing that pops in my head, 'cause I'm all fuzzy on this difficulty.

Oh, that CD with the radio plays has been remastered. I gave it a listen, there are still some snaps and pops. But I imagine what I'm hearing is far better quality than the original source.
Old 11-29-06, 06:00 AM
bwa

I was wondering about that Target bonus CD with the radio shows, too. Could someone tell me which two episodes are on the CD? The first two episodes telling the origin story would seem like a logical choice, but the sticker says that there are two 30-minute episodes. I'm pretty sure the early episodes, and maybe all of them for all I know, were a little under 15-minutes each. Were these episodes really 30 minutes each? Thanks in advance!
Old 11-29-06, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by dvdphilic
My question has not been answered. Target's edition says there are 2 Superman 1940 Radio Shows in the DVD. I'd like to know where this special feature is located. Is it inside the case on the third disc? Or is it added on the 2nd disc of regular special edition? From outside there's no way to tell where that special feature is located. I don't want to open it and end up getting the same as a regular special edition. So if somebody opens your own Target copy, I'd appreicate it if you could tell us what inside looks like and where to find that bonus feature.

Hope this help your unanswered thoughts :

courtesy of carthut (from a different forum)
Old 11-29-06, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by JohnIan
DVDphilic it's inside the case in a seperate cardboard/pocket thingie. It has artwork on the back and front. Like the Circuit City exclusive. Nice. Not some bland disc sleeve.

As for knowing. There's a sticker on the slip cover that says it has the bonus disc..
Umm, read DVDphilic's post again, read the sticker, then read your answer. DVDphilic knew perfectly well that the Target DVDs said that they had the exclusive bonus feature. If you read the sticker, you'll see that it says it has exclusive features, but the sticker DOES NOT say anything whatsoever about them being on a "Bonus DVD". DVDphilic clearly asked whether they were on a third disc or whether they were part of a differently formatted second disc.

Originally Posted by JohnIan
I don't want to come off being an ass, but I'm very confused why this simple thing is so hard. It playing the Sesame Street game, "one of these things is not like the other".
You are the one that wasn't able to comprehend a simple question. Yes, "one of these things is not like the other", but the question was HOW they were different, which couldn't be told without opening the package.

Last edited by SkyDog; 11-29-06 at 10:18 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.