Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

FYE - Lost S2, Charmed S6, That 70s Show S4, X-Men Triology & Stargate S9 $19.99

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

FYE - Lost S2, Charmed S6, That 70s Show S4, X-Men Triology & Stargate S9 $19.99

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-06, 02:37 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
Wherehouse stores in SoCal have the sale on. They have a big display rack that faces the door that has all the sale stuff on it so you see it immediately. Already have Lost but I did get Charmed.

They also have another B1G1F on an assortment of TV titles, but since they're all at full retail it isn't much of a bargain. I remember seeing various seasons of Gilmore Girls, 24, Seinfeld, King of Queens, Dawson's Creek, Facts of Life.
Old 11-19-06, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Deal is on at Boston's Downtown Crossing. I got Lost S2. I was planning to order it from DDD for $29.xx, and I'd still much rather give my money to them than to TWEC--which is just one of the most miserable companies out there--but I guess in the end I'm just cheap and unprincipled.
Old 11-19-06, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont attempt unless you print out there awkward ad, and take in, make sure you show them the dates. I printed the sorry little ad out, and finally got my mall store to give it up....got charmed, 70s show, and stargate for 60ish total. Had to really work for this one.......I tried calling a few fyes and none in the area knew about it, or had web access to see what i am talking about........pretty sad communication, really on their part, if you dont have a printer you are SOL, i guess..........I hardly ever set foot in their stores for just this reason, they dont make it easy or are compettitve with either best buy/circuit citys prices..............just a hassle.(Yet i cant walk away from a deal)
Old 11-19-06, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anybody seeing Suncoast stores honoring this?
Old 11-19-06, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fitzcain
Dont attempt unless you print out there awkward ad, and take in, make sure you show them the dates. I printed the sorry little ad out, and finally got my mall store to give it up....got charmed, 70s show, and stargate for 60ish total. Had to really work for this one.......I tried calling a few fyes and none in the area knew about it, or had web access to see what i am talking about........pretty sad communication, really on their part, if you dont have a printer you are SOL, i guess..........I hardly ever set foot in their stores for just this reason, they dont make it easy or are compettitve with either best buy/circuit citys prices..............just a hassle.(Yet i cant walk away from a deal)
stargate and that 70s show season 5 are $19.99 at Circuit City this week.
Charmed S 6 is $27.99 there.
Old 11-19-06, 10:21 PM

just to clarify,
fye has season 4 of 70s show for 19.99 and circuit city has vol 5 for 19.99.......(only season might not pick up eventually is 6 as eric and kelso are not in it much except last episode) I dont know why they just dont knock charmed (all seasons) down to 20ish universally, they get alot more buyers if reasonable about price.....
my circity didnt get any SG9 so this really helped me out hooking the deal at fye, I might have price matched at best buy but hate dealing with those nimrods at their return/help counter.
Old 11-20-06, 12:52 AM

Here in So. Cal, so far only Wherehouse has these for sale. X-men Trilogy sold out but the others are here. If anyone doesn't have a Wherehouse/sale nearby, e-mail me and maybe I can pick-up some titles.
Old 11-20-06, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fitzcain
Here's what I found out about why this is...

This flyer/deal is really only for the former Strawberries stores that have switched over to the FYE name, and ones that are still Strawberries. Technically, the stores that are already, and have been FYE's for some time, aren't really particapating in this - it's just the stores locations that are listed on the the flyer. However, most regular FYE stores will honor it if you bring the flyer in - but that is the only way they are obligated to do so, and even then they don't have to. As always, you gotta read all of the information given on the flyer, including the fine print.

Sad communication on thier part, and a bit misleading - true. However, the flyer went out in this Sunday's paper, so you should at least be able to get a copy of it that way.

As for being compettitive with the Best Buys, Circuit City's and Wal-mart's of the world - all those stores are really electronic/appliance stores with a music/movie department as a loss leader to get you in the door only.

FYE stores are a music/movie store that happen to carry some electroincs. Since they don't get the same price breaks as the bigger boxes when they buy the product, they don't have as much to pass on, and thereby don't feel the need to compete as much. Also another reason why you don't see a flyer in the Sunday paper for them every week. Their real competition used to be chain loactions like Musicland (which they now own), Strawberries (which they now own), The Camelot chain (which they now own), Tower (which is now out of buisness, and they almost owned) and other stores of this like that are still operating, as well as smaller local chains and mom&pop stores.
Old 11-20-06, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just printed out the web site flyer and took to the store. The manager tried to tell me they were Online Prices, until I showed her the page which said "In-Store Only". She rang up every set and it came up regular price. She tried to call the DM and didn't get an answer. She then called other branches in the area and no one had heard of the sale.

She took my name and number and told me she would call me back after she heard from the DM. Until then, no sale!
Old 11-20-06, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by gr8col
Here in So. Cal, so far only Wherehouse has these for sale. X-men Trilogy sold out but the others are here. If anyone doesn't have a Wherehouse/sale nearby, e-mail me and maybe I can pick-up some titles.
Just stopped by my local Wherehouse (Glendora) and it seemed like all they had left were the X-Men Trilogy sets. Was looking for Lost S2, but they sold out of those immediately.

I guess I'll have to try and see if I can do a PM over at Best Buy.
Old 11-20-06, 03:55 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
Here's what I found out about why this is...

This flyer/deal is really only for the former Strawberries stores that have switched over to the FYE name, and ones that are still Strawberries. Technically, the stores that are already, and have been FYE's for some time, aren't really particapating in this - it's just the stores locations that are listed on the the flyer.

My local fye had these discs on sale. It is a brand spanking new fye in a new building, not a converted store.
Old 11-20-06, 04:06 PM

Anyone having any luck w/ LOST S2 at any other Wherehouse stores? In northern CA, the 2 near me ring up @ $49.99 and the nearest FYE is an hour each way.
Old 11-20-06, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by wildman1037
Just printed out the web site flyer and took to the store. The manager tried to tell me they were Online Prices, until I showed her the page which said "In-Store Only". She rang up every set and it came up regular price. She tried to call the DM and didn't get an answer. She then called other branches in the area and no one had heard of the sale.

She took my name and number and told me she would call me back after she heard from the DM. Until then, no sale!
I had about the same experience, except the manager was able to talk to her DM (who also knew nothing about the flyer) and after we walked through the website together okayed my purchase. I was only picking up Lost S2, btw.
(Clearview Mall, Butler, PA)

Last edited by D'ohboy; 11-21-06 at 06:17 AM. Reason: added store location
Old 11-20-06, 06:51 PM

No luck for me at my local mall. I was told that FYE.com and an FYE store is like the difference between Coke and Pepsi. The DM was even called and refused to Price Match an online price even at my refute that online stated In-Store.
Old 11-20-06, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Easy as pie at the Orange, CT Strawberries. I got Lost and Charmed for $42.38 out the door(6% tax). The sales flyer in the store is slightly different from the one on the FYE website. At the top-center of the front page, it says "f.y.e. FORMERLY Strawberries". As Rocketdog said in his post, I think that this deal was meant for Strawberries and FYE stores that were formerly a Strawberries. My advice, go to a Strawberries if you're located near one. Thanks to the OP for a great deal.
Old 11-20-06, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I need some help printing out the ad from the web site. Evey time I click on the ad it takes me to a page that has nothing to do with the sale.
Old 11-20-06, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

All you people posting success/failure stories - do you think you might post what store you had your experience at? Do that, and you might actually help someone else out.
Old 11-20-06, 11:25 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by i86time
Anyone having any luck w/ LOST S2 at any other Wherehouse stores? In northern CA, the 2 near me ring up @ $49.99 and the nearest FYE is an hour each way.
I went to the FYE at the Richmond Hilltop Mall today with the flyer. It sucks that the flyer only printed out at the 1/4 of the page. The text is all blurry. But I was being very firm and told the CSR that I went all the way from Berkeley just to pick Lost S2 up. The CSR was actually very nice, calling a bunch of managers and stuff and actually arguing FOR me, noting how the flyers look a lot like their normal flyers and how it's in-store only. In the end, the manager on the phone finally gave in and told the CSR to give it to me for 19.99. I walked out a very satisfied customer.
Old 11-20-06, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by illennium
Deal is on at Boston's Downtown Crossing. I got Lost S2. I was planning to order it from DDD for $29.xx, and I'd still much rather give my money to them than to TWEC--which is just one of the most miserable companies out there--but I guess in the end I'm just cheap and unprincipled.
Thanks for posting this. Hope they are still in stock on Wednesday.
Old 11-21-06, 02:25 AM

I got lost season 2 at the Woodfield Mall fye store in Schaumburg, IL. (19.99+tax) I printed the ad and brought it, but they did know about the sale. They called DM, and confirmed Lost S2 is on sale.
Now...It's time to looking for good deal for Lost Season 1..-.-;
Old 11-21-06, 06:51 AM

Thanks for the great deal. At my local store in Ann Arbor, MI. I picked up the X-Men set and Lost S2. I ran into the same thing that others did such as no one knowing about the sale, and having to make several calls. But after about 15 minutes of phone calls the let me have them.
Old 11-21-06, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I haven't received a call back from my FYE yet, so I went out the web to look for the phone number and LO AND BEHOLD the sale blurb is GONE! No mention of it anywhere.

So, anyone want to pick up 3 copies of Charmed S6 for me??? I have 3 sisters who love this show, and this was gonna be the perfect Xmas gift.
Old 11-21-06, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wildman1037
I haven't received a call back from my FYE yet, so I went out the web to look for the phone number and LO AND BEHOLD the sale blurb is GONE! No mention of it anywhere.

So, anyone want to pick up 3 copies of Charmed S6 for me??? I have 3 sisters who love this show, and this was gonna be the perfect Xmas gift.
I just saw the same thing...