Best Buy Prices: November 5 - November 11, 2006

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Prices: November 5 - November 11, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-06, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Manzana
When do Best Buy's early hours start? I remember sometime in November they would open on Tuesdays at 9 AM instead of 10 AM. I want to be there at opening today for the Bond sets (and because I have to be at work by 11 AM). My local store's machine didn't mention any special hours.

I wasn't going to get the Bond sets until someone pointed out the extended return period is now in effect. Woo hoo! I like having more time to be wishy-washy if I see better deals.

Holiday hours start on the 12th. I've listed them at the bottom of the Best Buy Store notes section for that time frame.
Old 11-07-06, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by speedy1961
I see no restriction that would prevent that scenario from occuring.

Me neither, but I still had to spend an hour at the Customer Service desk trying to figure out why my total order was $13 more than it should be. After a lot of back and forth (and ME explaining to THEM the correct prices of their OWN DVDs this week, regardless of what the stickers on them say) I finally got them to take off the $3 in McDonald's Best Buy bucks I used but which did not ring up as anything off. I then, after many times using a calculator to show them (and despite their confusing system of taking off preorder payments as returns and then charging you the full price) got them to realize that not only did they NOT take the $5 off my Cars DVD for preordering POTC II, they actually CHARGED me an extra $5 for some reason!

At least that's over with now and all I have to worry about is how much they will be charging for the POTC II 2-disc DVD when it comes out in December since I'm committed to buying it from them now.
Old 11-07-06, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lecithin
Me neither, but I still had to spend an hour at the Customer Service desk trying to figure out why my total order was $13 more than it should be. After a lot of back and forth (and ME explaining to THEM the correct prices of their OWN DVDs this week, regardless of what the stickers on them say) I finally got them to take off the $3 in McDonald's Best Buy bucks I used but which did not ring up as anything off. I then, after many times using a calculator to show them (and despite their confusing system of taking off preorder payments as returns and then charging you the full price) got them to realize that not only did they NOT take the $5 off my Cars DVD for preordering POTC II, they actually CHARGED me an extra $5 for some reason!

At least that's over with now and all I have to worry about is how much they will be charging for the POTC II 2-disc DVD when it comes out in December since I'm committed to buying it from them now.
As much as I like CC and BB, your story makes the following statement a truism: "Simple math baffles simple minds".

Last edited by speedy1961; 11-07-06 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-07-06, 01:01 PM

IIRC, the ad actually says something like "Save $5 on Cars (or any Disney DVD) with POTC II preorder" so it shouldn't be a problem. Even if it's a domino from the last preorder.

They do this for nearly every Disney DVD lately, so I don't see why a domino effect would be against the rules.
Old 11-08-06, 09:26 AM

Made 2 stops last night, one to Best Buy and the other to Target. Curious for sets like Melrose Place, 90210, and Sopranos how many sets do each store get in? Went to Target at about 6 and got the last Melrose Place, 90210 & Sopranos were already gone. Was told they were sold out. Only had a spot for 4 of each. Same basically at Best Buy. Had a spot for 4 of each set and was out of Sopranos, had 1 90210 left and 2 Melrose Place. Will they be putting more out today? I just have a hard time believing they are "Sold Out" already on Tuesday.
Old 11-08-06, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So nobody knows the price of the Pirates of the Caribbean 2 2-DVD edition preorder?

I didn't want to preorder it (thereby missing a $5 discount on Cars) because I don't like buying things whose price I don't know. What would happen if I preordered it, got the $5 discount, and then cancelled my preorder when it's released because it's too expensive? Would they basically keep my $5 deposit because that would match the discount I got on Cars and then I'd be done with it? I'm thinking if I have time on Friday I might return/rebuy it all and then use this deal.

Last edited by Manzana; 11-08-06 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-09-06, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If it turns out to be something crazy like the $27.83 that DDD is currently listing if for, you could always get it someplace like Amazon (who has it for preorder now for $19.99, no tax and free shipping if you have another item to push it over $25) and just take the loss of the $5 (assuming they would return your $5 deposit, but take back the $5 discount you got) since you would be saving over $9 or so including sales tax by getting the cheaper one someplace online.
Old 11-09-06, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Or just get the single disc edition when you come to pick up your preorder. They'll let you switch.