Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The unofficial DDD 20% off FAQ, Fall 2006 edition

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-06, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by domino harvey
DDD combines split orders when shipping
Then I will place 2 orders a week apart.

LOL!

I can't recall but don't they have a comments field on the order form?
Where you can put "ship by ..... only" or am I thinking of another place.

James
Old 10-20-06, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by howwon
I have ordered numerous times from them, with the largest order being $171.16, during their Criterion Collection sale. All of my orders have been shipped by USPS and delivered by Canada Post.

This is from their website:

Canadian Exception: We ship orders to Canada via USPS for our standard charge of $5.95. Estimated delivery time is 7 to 10 business days. U.S. funds only.
Yes, that is their policy - although last sale a lot of orders INCLUDING Canadian ones, got "upgraded" to UPS.
Old 10-20-06, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sorry I haven't been paying attention to the FAQ thread lately, things have been busy. I'm currently working on re-doing the entire FAQ so that it's easier to find the information you need. I might not get it done for this fall, but I should definitely have a new and improved FAQ for the June 07 sale.

As a side note - I know a rep from DDD posts here on occasion. Pilot, can you or any of the other admins contact him (or her) and see if I can set up a communication with them? It'd be great to turn this into the "official" FAQ by having access to a DDD employee that can give us the official word on questions.
Old 10-20-06, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
Sorry I haven't been paying attention to the FAQ thread lately, things have been busy. I'm currently working on re-doing the entire FAQ so that it's easier to find the information you need. I might not get it done for this fall, but I should definitely have a new and improved FAQ for the June 07 sale.

As a side note - I know a rep from DDD posts here on occasion. Pilot, can you or any of the other admins contact him (or her) and see if I can set up a communication with them? It'd be great to turn this into the "official" FAQ by having access to a DDD employee that can give us the official word on questions.
I can pass the thread on to them and request they contact you, but I can't promise they will respond to anything in advance of the sale, or anything for that matter.
Old 10-22-06, 09:09 PM

I recently got a couple of orders from DDD shipped to me via UPS...if it happens too much I'm going to have to stop buying from DDD until they fix this...the last time i called DDD and apparently wether an order is shipped via UPS or not is decided in shipping and they apparently had no control over it...i'm even willing to pay a little more for shipping to guarantee that they will only ship via USPS...
For those of you who are in Canada and have refused UPS orders...was the full amount minus the 5.95 Shipping returned to you or did they charge you more because of customs etc etc (can you provide an example)? I havent returned UPS orders because i'm scared that i will get charged a lot more than the 5.95 shipping for not accepting an order via UPS...
Old 10-22-06, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by arock99
I recently got a couple of orders from DDD shipped to me via UPS...if it happens too much I'm going to have to stop buying from DDD until they fix this...the last time i called DDD and apparently wether an order is shipped via UPS or not is decided in shipping and they apparently had no control over it...i'm even willing to pay a little more for shipping to guarantee that they will only ship via USPS...
For those of you who are in Canada and have refused UPS orders...was the full amount minus the 5.95 Shipping returned to you or did they charge you more because of customs etc etc (can you provide an example)? I havent returned UPS orders because i'm scared that i will get charged a lot more than the 5.95 shipping for not accepting an order via UPS...
I just ordered 2 Megasets (buy 1 get 1 free) and the shipping charges were a lot more than the usual $5.95 ($14.95).

The higher shipping cost may be because of the weight....or the unthinkable...UPS.

I'll keep you Canadians posted.
Old 10-24-06, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just ordered 2 Megasets (buy 1 get 1 free) and the shipping charges were a lot more than the usual $5.95 ($14.95).

The higher shipping cost may be because of the weight....or the unthinkable...UPS.

I'll keep you Canadians posted.
I just received this reply from DDD;

In regards to your e-mail, Canada in now considered international and does not ship UPS
Old 10-24-06, 01:55 PM
MSD

That sucks!
Old 10-24-06, 03:54 PM

I just received this reply from DDD;

In regards to your e-mail, Canada in now considered international and does not ship UPS
Canada has always been considered international as noted on the DDD.COM website, and it hasn't been changed as of yet from:
Canadian Exception: We ship orders to Canada via USPS for our standard charge of $5.95. Estimated delivery time is 7 to 10 business days. U.S. funds only.
I just ordered from them a weeks ago with no extra shipping charges and they were all USPS handled.

If you got charged more than the standard $5.95 I would call them and have them rectify it for you. But if this turns out to be an actual permanent change, I will reconsider shopping from DDD.COM
Old 10-24-06, 06:30 PM
MSD

I filled my cart up as to what i plan to buy during the sale ($700ish) and the shipping says $39.95. So it does look like they changed the shipping costs to Canada (without changing what the website says) and now we go by the international rates.
Old 10-24-06, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MSD
I filled my cart up as to what i plan to buy during the sale ($700ish) and the shipping says $39.95. So it does look like they changed the shipping costs to Canada (without changing what the website says) and now we go by the international rates.
Well......, even with the additional $9.00 is freight cost, I am still coming out way, way, way ahead with their B1G1F Megaset sale. Approximately 1/3 of the price in Canada.

And thank GOD, it was not shipped by UPS.
Old 10-24-06, 08:08 PM

if shipping is more and it guarantees that orders are not sent by UPS then i'm all for it although i hope their rates arent a lot considering it was one of the reasons i shopped with them so much
Old 10-27-06, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Not really sure if this is the proper thread to use, but since I'm trying to add a few things to my wishlist in preparation for the sale, does anyone know if DDD carries either of the Directors Label boxsets? I can only find the Chris Cunningham set on its own...
Old 10-27-06, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus
Not really sure if this is the proper thread to use, but since I'm trying to add a few things to my wishlist in preparation for the sale, does anyone know if DDD carries either of the Directors Label boxsets? I can only find the Chris Cunningham set on its own...
heya cosmic!

i cant find them either and thats weird. i grabbed the volume 1 set a short while back, and was saving the volume 2 for another time.

maybe they are taking some items down temporarily? like when the herzog/kinski box during the b1g1 sale? i just hope they have it back up for the 20%er
Old 10-31-06, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I guess this is the place to ask but I wanted to add the Bruce Campbell movie - Going Back to my wish list so I can pick it up during the sale. I cant find it though, anyone come accross it?

So with that B1G1F sale ending on a Thurs, does it look like were getting this early around the 10th?
Old 10-31-06, 09:06 PM

Someone on CAG mentioned that this sale had been reported at DVDTalk that it was to start on the 3rd. Is this true as I can't find it anywhere on DVDTalk?
Old 10-31-06, 09:13 PM

that would be sweet... i'm ready to go!
Old 10-31-06, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
DDD has a at least one (and I think there are a few others) sale ending on 11/09.

It would fit in with previous schedules for any biggie sale to start on Friday 11/10, and end on Sunday 11/19. (The last two November sales ended on the Sunday before Thanksgiving, IIRC)
Old 11-01-06, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus
I was looking for the first set during the last sale and was unable to find it.
Old 11-01-06, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

DDD has a at least one (and I think there are a few others) sale ending on 11/09.
Shhhhhhh! Someone mentioned that in another thread, and that thread disappeared.
Old 11-01-06, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by marty888

It would fit in with previous schedules for any biggie sale to start on Friday 11/10, and end on Sunday 11/19. (The last two November sales ended on the Sunday before Thanksgiving, IIRC)

Old 11-01-06, 01:00 PM

It's about the only time where the sale really makes much sense. Because they don't want it running when the Superman Collection set comes out.
Old 11-01-06, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

or when the new seinfeld dvd comes out
Old 11-01-06, 02:18 PM

Yaeh, that does make more sense for the sale to start. Thank guys. This is great news to my ears. Allows me to get some more cash prepared.
Old 11-03-06, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Word.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.