Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) Paramount Catalog B1G1F @ DDD

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-06, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 435 Likes on 253 Posts
On my way home from work, my wife called me and said I had a big box waiting for me. When got home and opened it up, this is what was in it:

Old 10-18-06, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange.. Rosemary's Baby has the R3 icon on the disc. The cover has the R1 icon and it plays in my R1 player.
Old 10-18-06, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,888 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin Phillips
On my way home from work, my wife called me and said I had a big box waiting for me. When got home and opened it up, this is what was in it:

I'll probably be getting a big box like that shortly, too.

I think that, with this sale, I've tripled the number of Paramount DVDs in my library. I've generally found Paramount's DVDs to be over-priced and under-featured, so I rarely pick up anything from them. But for $3.30 a DVD, I'll bite.
Old 10-18-06, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
Very nice. Ordered on Wednesay, big box on my doorstep the following Tuesday, and I went for free shipping. Yaay DDD!
Old 10-20-06, 12:53 PM

My order just shipped out for this sale. The charge shows up as BUNNY SHOP instead of DDD. Have other people had a similar experience? The other times I have ordered from them it shows up as DDD.
Old 10-20-06, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CardiffGiant
My order just shipped out for this sale. The charge shows up as BUNNY SHOP instead of DDD. Have other people had a similar experience? The other times I have ordered from them it shows up as DDD.
Maybe they mistakenly sent you a box of bunnies instead of DVDs.

No, I've never a charge like that. For me it has always shown as DDD on the charge.
Old 10-20-06, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"BUNNY SHOP"?
Old 10-20-06, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by CardiffGiant
My first charges showed up as DeepDiscountDVD, but the last few showed up as BUNNY SHOP. I first thought WTF?! but upon googling the associated phone # I found out it was DDD. Still not sure why it comes up this way now............
Old 10-20-06, 02:27 PM

My last order was charged by BUNNY SHOP, too. They might've changed their names or been bought by the bunnies.
Old 10-20-06, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps their show on E! is such a big hit, Hugh Hefner's girlfriends have gone out and bought DDD!
Old 10-20-06, 03:06 PM

It sounded funny to me, too. Maybe they do that so that it doesn't look like I have a DVD addiction on my credit card bill. Just an addiction to bunnies and bunny related products. Thanks for the feedback. At least I know that it has happened to other people as well.
Old 10-20-06, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw the BUNNY SHOP listing on my bankcard details too. It lists the same 800 number as the other DDD transactions so I knew it was from there -- that and the amount.

I've got 4 small orders in transit now. Total of 10 DVDs. Those are the final orders I made last weekend. I received the 1st 2 (4 DVDs) last week.
Old 10-20-06, 03:24 PM
Cool New Member

Have any Canadians received their order from this sale yet? Mine says it shipped on Oct. 4 and it's still not here...Too bad, because I had another large order all lined up, but I wanted to see if my first one got through without being raped at customs before I placed another. Oh well.
Old 10-20-06, 03:48 PM
CS@DeepDiscount

To all of our customers: We would like to inform you of a discrepancy that you may see on your bank card statement due to a computer processing error that occurred the day of your transaction. This discrepancy only relates to the name of the company appearing on the statement and will not result in any incorrect charges to your account. Due to this error, you may see the transaction attributed to “TheBunnyShop.com” on your statement rather than to our company.

Again, please be assured all funds have always been charged to the correct account and that your credit card information is secure and was never compromised at any time.

We have reversed the incorrectly attributed entry and have processed a corrected transaction which will properly state our company’s name in the description area of your statement. We sincerely apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this error.

We have since rectified the situation within our system and with our bank card processor. We remain dedicated to providing you first class service in a safe and secure environment. Again, we truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,

Customer Service
DeepDiscountDVD.com
[email protected]
Old 10-21-06, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for "hopping" on this quickly to clear up the confusion.
Old 10-21-06, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the update. I saw that on my online statement this morning.
Old 10-23-06, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CS@DeepDiscount
To all of our customers: We would like to inform you of a discrepancy that you may see on your bank card statement due to a computer processing error that occurred the day of your transaction. This discrepancy only relates to the name of the company appearing on the statement and will not result in any incorrect charges to your account. Due to this error, you may see the transaction attributed to “TheBunnyShop.com” on your statement rather than to our company.

Again, please be assured all funds have always been charged to the correct account and that your credit card information is secure and was never compromised at any time.

We have reversed the incorrectly attributed entry and have processed a corrected transaction which will properly state our company’s name in the description area of your statement. We sincerely apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this error.

We have since rectified the situation within our system and with our bank card processor. We remain dedicated to providing you first class service in a safe and secure environment. Again, we truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,

Customer Service
DeepDiscountDVD.com
[email protected]

Yeah, I just got this in an email from them.

Now if only I'd get my actual DVDs. I had one order shipped 10/11 and another on 10/15 and have yet to receive either one.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 10-23-06 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-23-06, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Now if only I'd get my actual DVDs. I had on order shipped 10/11 and another on 10/15 and have yet to receive either one.
I had an order ship on 10/4 and still haven't gotten it. Guess I'll have to call DDD soon.
Old 10-23-06, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I bought several Audrey Hepburn movies too. Breakfast at Tiffany is probably on backorder.

Thief of Hearts??

DDD reversed the charges 4 days after billing. Odd.
Old 10-23-06, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by big whoppa
Thief of Hearts??
Uuuuhhhhhh, it's for my wife. Yeah, that's thats the ticket, it's for my wife.
DDD reversed the charges 4 days after billing. Odd.
They're probably reversing and recharging everyone they think may have the "Bunny Store" charges.
Old 10-23-06, 08:10 PM

They're probably reversing and recharging everyone they think may have the "Bunny Store" charges.
Yes, they are. Just received an email from DDD saying that:

"We have reversed the incorrectly attributed entry and have processed a corrected transaction which will properly state our company’s name in the description area of your statement. We sincerely apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this error."

Actually I could not care less about the name shown on my credit card statement as long as the amount is correct. But I do appreciate their way of doing business.
Old 10-24-06, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Now if only I'd get my actual DVDs. I had one order shipped 10/11 and another on 10/15 and have yet to receive either one.
Got my first order today.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 10-24-06 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-09-06, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Umm.....Anyone else still waiting for their order from this sale?
Old 11-09-06, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by tanman
Umm.....Anyone else still waiting for their order from this sale?
I am. I sent customer service an email, and they resent my order.
Old 11-09-06, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Yeah I called them and they are resending the order. Strange. I wonder if it has to do with that Bunnyshop thing.