Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

$10 off $30 from Buy.com through Google Checkout

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-06, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I received two of my orders today and the one with Viridiana (CC) and Pasolini's Accattone was screwed up. The invoice shows my choices but the box contained The Bostonians and Animaniacs Vol. 1. Ugh. Now I have to get Buy.com to correct this.
Old 10-10-06, 07:54 PM

My Nip/Tuck Season 3 DVD set is on backorder for some reason. grrr....

On the DVD description page, it says that it is in stock. I wonder if my order got screwed up somehow. I don't understand why that would be on backorder...
Old 10-10-06, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
I received two of my orders today and the one with Viridiana (CC) and Pasolini's Accattone was screwed up. The invoice shows my choices but the box contained The Bostonians and Animaniacs Vol. 1. Ugh. Now I have to get Buy.com to correct this.
That's quite the swap. Although I bet, if you tried hard enough, you'd find some Buñuel in the Animaniacs.
Old 10-10-06, 09:27 PM

Love this deal! I picked up Seven Samurai, Amazing Stories, Equinox and Playtime on four separate orders from Buy.com. $40 off, and free shipping! Sweet.... :-)

Bob
Old 10-10-06, 09:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bobpierce
Love this deal! I picked up Seven Samurai, Amazing Stories, Equinox and Playtime on four separate orders from Buy.com. $40 off, and free shipping! Sweet.... :-)

Bob

Playtime is cheaper at dvdempire.
Old 10-10-06, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sotra
Today only e bates. com has 2% cashback (regular 1%) on buy.com. If you combine with a rewards cc you could get up to 5% additionally off together with the $10.
I doubt that one can get a kickback on top of google checkout, since checkout handles the payment directly.
Old 10-10-06, 11:52 PM

Damn. I was hoping to pick up My Name Is Earl and the Office S2 (US) on the cheap, but it looks like they raised the prices on those a few days ago. (Some reported getting them for around $21 and $23 respectively.) Oh well. Money I probably shouldn't spend anyways. However, I did order Newsradio S4 and Huff S1 for about $26, so all is not lost. Thanks OP!
Old 10-11-06, 01:08 AM

Made my 3rd order at Buy.com....Seinfeld: Season 4 ($22.99), Mutant Man ($3.88) and Visitors Of The Night ($3.88) for $20.75 shipped.
Old 10-11-06, 02:22 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks OP, picked up Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 4 and 5 for $20.37 each.
Old 10-11-06, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drh4
I doubt that one can get a kickback on top of google checkout, since checkout handles the payment directly.

I already got my rebates from my buy.com orders!

At 2% I would have gotten back a little over $3.00
Old 10-11-06, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Lateralus
I already got my rebates from my buy.com orders!

At 2% I would have gotten back a little over $3.00
I don't understand...you got your rebates, but didn't get them?

Also, many TV set were raised yesterday: e.g., newsradio s3 and s4.

Finally, I can't seem to get non free shipping DVDs to ship free when other free shipping items were included...but yesterday, I could do this.

EDIT: it might have been that I didn't go all the way to the final screen before, and it really never worked...?

Last edited by drh4; 10-11-06 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-11-06, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Magnum PI Season 5 back down to $34.98 . That is $24.98 after $10 off.
It was $42.xx yesterday, the first day of release.

http://www.buy.com/prod/Magnum_P_I_C...202989085.html
Old 10-11-06, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This seems like too much work. Do I set up an account with Buy.com or with Google?

And how come the price shown on Froogle for South Park S8 from Buy.com is not the same as the price of it when you actually go to Buy.com?
Old 10-11-06, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
This seems like too much work. Do I set up an account with Buy.com or with Google?
It's just Google. I didn't even set up an account with Bestprices. The whole point of Google Checkout is to be able to set up a single account with Google and then shop wherever without an account for each site.
Old 10-11-06, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drh4
I don't understand...you got your rebates, but didn't get them?
I got my rebates at 1% not at the 2% special ****** was running on Tuesday, so instead of getting a check for over $3.00 I'm getting one for $1.50.
Old 10-11-06, 08:08 PM

I tried using Google Checkout for the first time today on Buy.com, but it wouldn't connect so I could finish my transaction. I am logged into my GC account when I try, but it gives up after a few seconds when I try to checkout and my browser gives me an error message that I could not connect. I tried IE and Firefox, but I get the same problem. I suppose the same would happen if I used Opera. Is anybody experiencing the same problem?
Old 10-11-06, 09:40 PM

BenboC -----

check out soem of the earlier posts by DrPrimo, myself and some others that mention some ways to make it work. Several had gotten the same or similar problems. One took around 12 times to finally work.

Its sometimes is just matter of time and hitting the BACK button and/or REFRESH until getting there.

Like if you are already signed in and when checking out shows you are (email is already filled in and you can only enter password), DrPrimo suggested hitting BACK at this time to get to the final checkout. Took a few tries but worked for me. I thank DrPrimo again. atleast 5 orders and counting - receive most if not all by now, too.
Old 10-11-06, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hollywood's Masters of Horror is $21.99 at Cd Universe. They take Google checkout as well:
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...8&frm=lk_dvdps

Edit: Looks like you have to pay shipping though, so not that great a deal after all

Last edited by NoirFan; 10-11-06 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-11-06, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Hollywood's Masters of Horror is $21.99 at Cd Universe. They take Google checkout as well:
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinf...8&frm=lk_dvdps

Edit: Looks like you have to pay shipping though, so not that great a deal after all

check out the other thread about the family video. with coupon its less than 15.00 shipped. of course its backordered currently so if you need it right away this might not be for you.
Old 10-11-06, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't mind waiting..sweet deal! Thanks.
Old 10-11-06, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by forumsmy
BenboC -----

check out soem of the earlier posts by DrPrimo, myself and some others that mention some ways to make it work. Several had gotten the same or similar problems. One took around 12 times to finally work.

Its sometimes is just matter of time and hitting the BACK button and/or REFRESH until getting there.

Like if you are already signed in and when checking out shows you are (email is already filled in and you can only enter password), DrPrimo suggested hitting BACK at this time to get to the final checkout. Took a few tries but worked for me. I thank DrPrimo again. atleast 5 orders and counting - receive most if not all by now, too.
Thanks! I tried again - well over a dozen times with Firefox, but it wouldn't go through. Right when I decided to give up, I tried IE one more time and it worked. I don't think browsers should really figure in, but if anybody else has this problem, using to IE to check out might help.
Old 10-12-06, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've found so far that anything ON ORDER or PRE-ORDER, the Google checkout won't work. Too many of you ordered Seven Samurai so I can't get it. Bastards!
Old 10-12-06, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by TheV
I've found so far that anything ON ORDER or PRE-ORDER, the Google checkout won't work. Too many of you ordered Seven Samurai so I can't get it. Bastards!
That already happened once and I just had to wait a couple of days and it was back in stock. (mine has now shipped)
Old 10-12-06, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BenboC
Thanks! I tried again - well over a dozen times with Firefox, but it wouldn't go through. Right when I decided to give up, I tried IE one more time and it worked. I don't think browsers should really figure in, but if anybody else has this problem, using to IE to check out might help.
For me the problem was connection speed not browsers. Neither IE nor Firefox worked because I am on a slow modem and the attempt to connect to Google Checkout would time out. When I tried broadband at the local library I was able to place orders without a hitch.
Old 10-12-06, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Once Justice League Unlimitted Season 1 and Batman Beyond Season 2 are in stock, Buy.com will have an awesome deal on them using Google Checkout.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.