Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Little Mermaid prices and exclusives

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-06, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Manzana
I came up with nothing on DVD-Basen, and from past experience it usually takes a while for the reviews on less popular Disney movies to trickle in. Ultimatedisney.com will probably be first, then DVD Talk, and about a month after release you might find 4 or 5 reviews. By contrast The Little Mermaid already has 5 reviews on release date, and dvdmg.com (by my favorite reviewer Colin) mistakenly emphasizes that TLM PE is not anamorphic.

In other words, I don't expect any useful reviews of TFATH any time soon (and sadly none of the reviews will discuss bitrate... only dvdbeaver does that and they often don't review Disney animated movies).
Thanks Manzana.
Old 10-03-06, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I usually just lurk here, but I thought I'd post this to save people some trouble.

I tried to pre-order Cars this morning at Best Buy and get $5 off The Little Mermaid, but they computer wouldn't do it. The cashier got the manager and they said it was because TLM was on sale this week and the pre-order offer couldn't be combined with that.

I didn't push the issue and just cancelled the pre-order. They had an attitude about doing that.
Old 10-03-06, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by BrentC07
I usually just lurk here, but I thought I'd post this to save people some trouble.

I tried to pre-order Cars this morning at Best Buy and get $5 off The Little Mermaid, but they computer wouldn't do it. The cashier got the manager and they said it was because TLM was on sale this week and the pre-order offer couldn't be combined with that.

I didn't push the issue and just cancelled the pre-order. They had an attitude about doing that.
My cashier just had to manually do it, it doesn't automatically take it off. At first she scanned it and was like, maybe it doesnt work cuz its on sale, but I was like, it just says it has to be any Disney DVD $14.99 and up, it doesnt say anything about having to be regular price. So she asked the other guy there and he told her to manually do it.

I'm pretty sure that it wont take anything off regular priced disney dvds either and the discount would have to be put in manually. In my experience, Best Buy coupons always work with sale items, despite the fact that it says regular priced only. The only time I've had a coupon not work with sale items is when I had a coupon that woudlnt work on any item at all.
Old 10-03-06, 12:08 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

WTF! The preorder ticket doesn't mention anything about sale items not being good, other than $5 off $14.99 or more Disney DVD.

I remember when I had no problem applying the $5 preorder discount on the Lady and the Tramp when I preordered Naria at the same time. TLATT was on sale too and the register just took the $5 off.
Old 10-03-06, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I didn't even try to rebuy Little Mermaid (since I was in picking it up from an online order) but I did get the $14.99 Mulan DVD 2 disc set and was able to get $5 off of that one with the Cars preorder. (Also, they had PLENTY of the plushes there, despite the website telling me all stores in my area were out of them!)
Old 10-03-06, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just pickup 2 copies + 2 pushies for $24.XX after pricematch with TRU ads buy 1 get 1 50% off.
Old 10-03-06, 01:15 PM

I went to best buy and had my plush,dvd, and car pre buy all ready to go.

My cashier told me they would only do one or the other but not both. She said I could prebuy cars and pay 9.99 for the plush! (WHAT!!!)

So I got rid of the plush and just took the $5.00 for cars.

After I got out and had time to think about it I should have held off on the cars prebuy. Next week...The Fox and The Hound comes out for 17.99 and I could have just done it then. Still getting the plush. This would only work for those that are wanting the Fox and the Hound next week.

But my BB wouldn't budge. As always YMMV.

Oh well it was still a pretty good deal.
Old 10-03-06, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Although the freebies are cool, I'm getting mine at Suncoast. $19.99 - 10% off (if you have a Replay or Backstage card) - $7 rebate = $10.99. And they have a free film cell collectible card (it's not really a film cell, but it looks like one--they did that for Lady and the Tramp last year). Plus I have store credit, so I'm not really paying anything...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 10-03-06 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-03-06, 02:32 PM

Stopped by Best Buy around 11am. They were pretty much sold out of Flounder plush already, but had plenty of Sebastian. I found a Flounder at the counter and asked if I could buy it separately and they said yes, for 9.99.....hahahahaha.
Old 10-03-06, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah, the first Best Buy I went to didn't have the plushes, but of course that particular Best Buy sucks balls. So I went to another one and they only had a few, so I grabbed one, went to the counter and noticed that they had a HUGE box full of them behind one of the counters.

Oh, and $9.99 for another one of those plushes is outrageous! That's way too much, for such a cheap little thing. The Lady & the Tramp and Bambi plushes were much nicer.
Old 10-03-06, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got my TLM + Flounder plushie! It's so cute! I wish it would've been a bit bigger, but $15 for my favorite Disney movie plus a free plushie - I can't complain.
Old 10-03-06, 05:39 PM

I just got royally screwed at my BB. They said I can't get a free plushie with the gift set, only with the regular DVD. I desperately wanted the pins, so I got the gift set alone. Then I called my friends and ranted about not getting the plushies, and eventually I ended up buying two MORE copies of the DVD alone, just so I can have the two plushies.

He agreed to buy one of the DVDs off me, letting me keep the plushies. Now I have an extra copy I have no idea what to do with.
Old 10-03-06, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

are the plushies at BB limited to the first XXX customers or will they have them all week?
Old 10-03-06, 06:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pizzamousechips
I just got royally screwed at my BB. They said I can't get a free plushie with the gift set, only with the regular DVD. I desperately wanted the pins, so I got the gift set alone. Then I called my friends and ranted about not getting the plushies, and eventually I ended up buying two MORE copies of the DVD alone, just so I can have the two plushies.

He agreed to buy one of the DVDs off me, letting me keep the plushies. Now I have an extra copy I have no idea what to do with.
Offer it up in the trade forum. I'm sure you'd find a taker there.
Old 10-03-06, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wal-Mart has the DVD with a bonus CD of 10 songs from the movie. Picked it up for $13.99.

They also have a bonus DVD with X-Men 3 of filler stuff.
Old 10-03-06, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

is there any insert for this? all that was in mine are a couple of disney promo inserts, but nothing dedicated to the 2 DVD set of TLM
Old 10-03-06, 06:51 PM

I got the LM BB set with the pins and a flounder plush all for $29.99 after $5.00 off for the Cars pre-order.
Old 10-03-06, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the best buy i went to had a cart full of sebastian plushes with a few flounder ones left. got flounder as most others seemed too.

9.99 for a plush is a freaking joke. i saw that last week when they rang up the curious george one.

pizzamousechips - could you just return the extra copy without the plush since you didn't actually pay for the plush?
Old 10-03-06, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by dpz301
the best buy i went to had a cart full of sebastian plushes with a few flounder ones left. got flounder as most others seemed too.

9.99 for a plush is a freaking joke. i saw that last week when they rang up the curious george one.

pizzamousechips - could you just return the extra copy without the plush since you didn't actually pay for the plush?
Unfortunately no, since the plushies show up on the receipt at discounted $9.99 off.
Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Offer it up in the trade forum. I'm sure you'd find a taker there.
I was going to do this, but I found a second friend willing to buy the third copy from me at the price I paid. Consider me lucky!
Old 10-03-06, 08:41 PM
Banned

Went to BB this evening and there was a cart full of both plushes. Of course, it also looked like very few Little Mermaid DVDs were sold.

Originally Posted by cisman
I went to best buy and had my plush,dvd, and car pre buy all ready to go.

My cashier told me they would only do one or the other but not both. She said I could prebuy cars and pay 9.99 for the plush! (WHAT!!!)

So I got rid of the plush and just took the $5.00 for cars.

After I got out and had time to think about it I should have held off on the cars prebuy. Next week...The Fox and The Hound comes out for 17.99 and I could have just done it then. Still getting the plush. This would only work for those that are wanting the Fox and the Hound next week.

But my BB wouldn't budge. As always YMMV.

Oh well it was still a pretty good deal.
Your cashier sonuded like a complete idiot.

Also, is it actually $5 off Cars or a $5 preorder? Because Best Buy is known for claiming the money down is the savings price: "This DVD costs $30, but if you pay $10 to preorder now, you only have to pay $20 when it comes out!"
Old 10-03-06, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by atari2600
are the plushies at BB limited to the first XXX customers or will they have them all week?

while supplies last
Old 10-03-06, 10:33 PM

Between Flounder and Sebastian, I chose Sebastian because I like the character more, but I know I'm in the minority as I observed most people getting Flounder. I PM'd to Fry's for an extra $1 off and got the plushie. I then asked the BBY employee what other people were buying. He said most people were getting Flounder, but a lot of people were buying 2 copies of TLM and 1 of each plushie. Getting both would've been nice, but since I missed the Bambi and LATT plushies, there's no point in me trying to be a completist. All the plushies really accomplish is when people see them on the shelf they say "oh, cool...".

My BBY put the plushies on top of the DVD display, and there probably were about 30 of each. I doubt they lasted very long unless they had more stashed away. I saw a couple people walk away without a plushie, so I let them know. They somehow know enough to go to BBY to buy TLM this Tuesday, but not enough to know there's a free plushie in the ad.
Old 10-03-06, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I purchased my copy at Best Buy with Flounder plushie (he's SO cute!) for $14.99. The lady in front of me was wanting to pre-order CARS, and get the $5.00 off of The Little Mermaid, but, the cashier said that it wasn't allowed, since The Little Mermaid was already discounted to $14.99. What a joke, however, since the pre-order is for $5.00 off any Disney DVD $14.99 or more! I think Best Buy has really not communicated with their employees.

Also, to the person above, who had The Little Mermaid, the plushie, and the CARS pre-order, they should have given you the plush. Just because you were getting CARS as a pre-order, doesn't mean you shouldn't get the plushie, as well. What a complete mess.

Lastly, to the person who got tried to buy the The Little Mermaid Gift Set, but, they wouldn't give you a plushie, that's bull. In fact, right on the website, the offer states the free plushie comes with either purchase. I would call a manager, tomorrow, or better yet, go to customer service, and ask to speak to a manager. They can't deny you a plushie, when what you are buying is eligible for it!
Old 10-04-06, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

sorry to ask again....

i assume some people have cracked this baby open. is there supposed to be a little mermaid specific insert or dvd guide as there has been in past disney 2 disc animated sets? cause all i got are a couple of promo inserts....
Old 10-04-06, 12:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Picked my copy up from BB this evening. Bought online this morning and opted for in-store pick-up. Was slightly worried they wouldn't hold the plushie, but they had a Sebastian waiting for me. My kid LOVES it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.