Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Little Mermaid prices and exclusives

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-06, 08:25 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Checking completed auctions on ebay they don't sell for much.

I have a bunch of bonus ones from BB and CC, collecting dust as well. I figured if I ever have kids they might make good posters on their walls.

Until then they sit in boxes with all my other "collectibles".
Old 09-28-06, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinking my kid could put them up in her room. She's kind of into the "Disney Princesses" thing right now. Not expecting them to gain significantly in value. If my retirement counts on selling these when I'm 60, then I'm screwed. They sound like a reasonable size.
Old 09-28-06, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Just got back from the Disney Store.

The 4 Litho deal also comes with a 15% off gift card*, good 10/3-10/17 ~ All four lithos are all different than the four in the Disney link off the first post.
- one is of King Triton
- one is Ursula
- one is Ariel & Flounder (not very clean, looks like it was blown up from a small jpg)
- one is Ariel and Sebastian

They also have an identical deal for Cars going on. These four lithos are widescreen images and overall size is 11"x17" (5 1/2" x 13 1/2" image) and are a whole lot nicer/sharper looking than the Little Mermaid ones. They have colored mattes as well, vs. the plain white for all the usual Disney lithos. The Cars 15% discount card* is valid 11/7-11/19.

*15% discount cannot be used towards DVDs, CDs, videos, pre sales, electronics, gift cards or theme park passes
Old 09-28-06, 11:37 AM

Can't believe nobody posted the Fye deal here. Available instore and online (although online has shipping charge if you're under $25).

From their website: "Our Price: $19.99
After Rebate: $12.99"

So $12.99 after $7 mail-in rebate (plus tax in some states, obviously).

Enjoy.

xpfshost
Old 09-28-06, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
All the Lithos that come from the Disney store are the same uniform size(and have been since they've been doing them around 94). The Incredibles one came from Best Buy, correct? I think that one is a bit larger than the Disney Store ones.
Ah yes, it's a BB litho. My mistake.
Old 09-29-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's now $14.99 at Amazon.
Old 09-29-06, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My Fry's Electronics Friday ad shows The Little Mermaid for $13.99 on Tuesday. This means I will be getting it this Tuesday, and I could do a PM at WMT for $13.99 with 90 days protection against BF deals.

My dilemma will be whether it's worth $1 extra and no price protection for the Sebastian plush at BBY (there's a very small chance they'll PM the Fry's ad but often I get denied when BBY offers lithos or a plush with a deal). Since FYE has it for $12.99 AR, that means Wherehouse should have it for that price, so I suppose another dilemma would be whether it's worth foregoing the plush and price protection in order to use a gift card. Decisions decisions.

Last edited by Manzana; 09-29-06 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-29-06, 10:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
It's now $14.99 at Amazon.
Thanks for the heads up, I canceled my preorder and order it again, it saves me $1.88 bucks, thanks
Old 09-29-06, 11:08 AM

Someone asked: "i haven't done any disneystore.com DVD purchases for a long time, and was wondering if i order from their website, how do they pack the lithos (would hate to get them dented)? do they do a shoddy job of packing them? if so, then i may just do the preorder via a local store."

My answer:

They do a great job of packaging them. They are in a large box and come in perfect condition. However, shipping is $8! I have ordered them in the past from Disney when I could preorder multiple items and save some money on shipping, or when there was a good Disney.com coupon. But that doesn't seem to be the case now (unless Cars was just added).

Anyway, the last time (I forget the DVD--Cinderella?) I bought it in the store the day it came out. However, the litho I received was a single litho in a folder, not four as through Disney.,co. Is that the case now as well? Or does the store give your four? Or does it matter whether you pre-order at the store or just buy it when it comes out? Thanks.
Old 09-29-06, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
Thanks for the heads up, I canceled my preorder and order it again, it saves me $1.88 bucks, thanks
For items that haven't entered the "Shipping Soon" phase, you can also call them and have them make the price adjustment. That's what I just did with my order. I had "Wonderfalls" (for $16) on the same order, so I didn't want to cancel/reorder since the price is now $30.
Old 09-29-06, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by sferench
Someone asked: "i haven't done any disneystore.com DVD purchases for a long time, and was wondering if i order from their website, how do they pack the lithos (would hate to get them dented)? do they do a shoddy job of packing them? if so, then i may just do the preorder via a local store."

My answer:

They do a great job of packaging them. They are in a large box and come in perfect condition. However, shipping is $8! I have ordered them in the past from Disney when I could preorder multiple items and save some money on shipping, or when there was a good Disney.com coupon. But that doesn't seem to be the case now (unless Cars was just added).

Anyway, the last time (I forget the DVD--Cinderella?) I bought it in the store the day it came out. However, the litho I received was a single litho in a folder, not four as through Disney.,co. Is that the case now as well? Or does the store give your four? Or does it matter whether you pre-order at the store or just buy it when it comes out? Thanks.
Except for in the theme parks and I believe one store in NYC , the Disney Stores are no longer owned by Disney, so their policy may have changed.
Past performance may not mean anything unless it is fairly recent.
Old 09-29-06, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Classic Films
Except for in the theme parks and I believe one store in NYC , the Disney Stores are no longer owned by Disney, so their policy may have changed.
Past performance may not mean anything unless it is fairly recent.
You are correct. The stores are now owned by Hoop Retail a subsidiary of the Children's Place.
Old 09-30-06, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still confused by the Best Buy preorder Cars/Little Mermaid $5 offer.

What's the bottom line, total price you would end up paying at Best Buy for just buying both The Little Mermaid (not worrying about any extra plushes or lithos, just the DVD) and preordering Cars? I can't seem to get onto BestBuy.com to find out prices or details right now as they are down for some reason. Would it be $14.99 for TLM plus tax, minus the $5 for preordering Cars and then the full $19.99 plus tax for Cars when it came out, making the total $29.98 plus tax for them both (that would be $32.08 for my 7% sales tax state)?

I could just order them both now from Amazon for $30.86 (minus the A9 discount for a few more seconds or however long that lasts) and it would be free shipping and no tax and cheaper than the Best Buy rigamarole. Or am I wrong and you would get $5 off both movies at Best Buy?
Old 09-30-06, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Whether you order it in the store or through the website, you get four lithos in a folder.

I have a different opinion on the packaging when they ship. They put the lithos in a big box, put the DVD, pin and 2 plushes on top of that and nothing to hold anything down. Because the lithos were flat, they didn't move around too much, but my DVD banged into everything in there, because there was nothing to keep it in place.
Old 09-30-06, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Lecithin
I'm still confused by the Best Buy preorder Cars/Little Mermaid $5 offer.

What's the bottom line, total price you would end up paying at Best Buy for just buying both The Little Mermaid (not worrying about any extra plushes or lithos, just the DVD) and preordering Cars? I can't seem to get onto BestBuy.com to find out prices or details right now as they are down for some reason. Would it be $14.99 for TLM plus tax, minus the $5 for preordering Cars and then the full $19.99 plus tax for Cars when it came out, making the total $29.98 plus tax for them both (that would be $32.08 for my 7% sales tax state)?

I could just order them both now from Amazon for $30.86 (minus the A9 discount for a few more seconds or however long that lasts) and it would be free shipping and no tax and cheaper than the Best Buy rigamarole. Or am I wrong and you would get $5 off both movies at Best Buy?
when you go into BB tues to buy TLM for 14.99 you put down $5 pre pay on cars. they will then charge you 14.99 - 5 for the little mermaid. so tuesday you will spend 9.99 + tax on TLM plus the $5 you spent on cars preorder...basically 15 bucks plus tax.

when cars comes in you will have to pay the sale price minus the 5 dollars you previously put down.

basically you are getting $5 off when you buy both
Old 10-01-06, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. The BB.com website shows Cars as a $19.99 preorder, so it looks like it would end up being around $32 for both after all is said and done. About $2 more than getting it from Amazon, but I suppose you get that plush thing at BB.
Old 10-01-06, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The BB.com website shows Cars as a $19.99 preorder, so it looks like it would end up being around $32 for both after all is said and done.
I would bet the farm that the $19.99 preorder price for Cars will drop to $14.99-$16.99.
Old 10-01-06, 11:08 AM

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. The BB.com website shows Cars as a $19.99 preorder, so it looks like it would end up being around $32 for both after all is said and done. About $2 more than getting it from Amazon, but I suppose you get that plush thing at BB.

Yeah, BB always drops their price automatically (at least all the preorders I have ever done) when the ad comes out if the price is cheaper.
Old 10-01-06, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

pre ordered from BB gift set plus thetwo plushies ...
Old 10-01-06, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Only downside of the pre-order deal is that you can't do instore pickup, so the $5 savings is translated into over $5 in shipping costs, so I still don't get the discount..........I guess unless you do it in store?
Old 10-01-06, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Price Chopper (www.pricechopper.com - grocery store in New England, NY and Pennsylvania) has it for $19.95 on page 13 of their weekly flyer and it comes with a free activity box (while supplies last, valued at $4.95). The box looks like a metallic lunch box from what I can see in the small picture in the ad.
Old 10-01-06, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks for the info, sferench & everybody else. what the hell, $8.50 shipping is ridiculous and a deal breaker for me. didn't know the stores were independent now, thanks.

Originally Posted by sferench

Old 10-01-06, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DisneyDVDFAN
pre ordered from BB gift set plus the two plushies ...
I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but, the Best Buy Gift Set does not include both plushies. You can choose one or the other, but, not both. I just don't want you to be upset when you get it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at101700050018

It states: "Buy the newly released Little Mermaid (Platinum Edition) or Little Mermaid (Platinum Edition Box Set) and get your choice of an exclusive Flounder or Sebastian plush toy for free!

With the Platinum Edition Box Set, you'll also get an exclusive Little Mermaid pin set, which includes the Little Mermaid, Flounder, Sebastian and Ursala."
Old 10-01-06, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but, the Best Buy Gift Set does not include both plushies. You can choose one or the other, but, not both. I just don't want you to be upset when you get it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....at101700050018

It states: "Buy the newly released Little Mermaid (Platinum Edition) or Little Mermaid (Platinum Edition Box Set) and get your choice of an exclusive Flounder or Sebastian plush toy for free!

With the Platinum Edition Box Set, you'll also get an exclusive Little Mermaid pin set, which includes the Little Mermaid, Flounder, Sebastian and Ursala."
I pre ordered both the plushies and the gift set one of the Plushie was free and the other I paid for all the items are in process for shipment as of now.
thanks ...
Old 10-01-06, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by DisneyDVDFAN
I pre ordered both the plushies and the gift set one of the Plushie was free and the other I paid for all the items are in process for shipment as of now.
thanks ...
I want to do the same, but I want to go B&M. Unfortunately, there's no in-store pick-up online. Do you know if they let you buy an extra plushie in store too?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.