Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Sony TV sale at DDD- up to 55% off

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-06, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sony TV sale at DDD- up to 55% off

Looks similar to the Amazon sale of a few weeks ago. Picked up third season of News Radio for 19 bucks.
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/studi...ioID=58&page=0
Old 09-11-06, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to stock up on Goodtimes, The Jeffersons and King of Queens! Thanks!
Old 09-11-06, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

just what the wallet needs, another DDD sale.

rescue me s1 and s2 are still cheaper at best buy for $19.99.
Old 09-11-06, 06:31 PM

Looks like the B&W Bewitched people have one less thing to complain about...
Old 09-12-06, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dpz301
just what the wallet needs, another DDD sale...
I hear ya...but the price for T.&.A....I mean V.I.P.: The Complete First Season...was just too low to resist.
Old 09-12-06, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
No resistance at all ... I'll finally pick up NEWS RADIO S3.
Old 09-12-06, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Y'know I just recently added up my 20% off wish list at DDD for the upcoming you-know-what. $488.58 and still a couple of months until! Even so, it's hard to resist the "All in the Family" seasons for $13.60.
Old 09-12-06, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
This looks like the lowest price for The Critic. Has it ever been lower than $22?
Old 09-12-06, 10:26 AM

Ordered:

ARCHIE BUNKER'S PLACE-1ST SEASON
FANTASY ISLAND-1ST SEASON
PARTY OF FIVE-2ND SEASON
POLICE WOMAN-1ST SEASON
TJ HOOKER-1ST & 2ND SEASON

Also picked up:

DICK CAVETT SHOW-HOLLYWOOD GREATS
Old 09-12-06, 03:05 PM

Damn, no NewsRadio Season 4
Old 09-12-06, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
They raised the price for Party of Five Season sets from $23 to $33.

9/13 5PM Now they have repriced it back to $22.88. They are forgiven and I have ordered.

Last edited by Classic Films; 09-13-06 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-12-06, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ordered The Critic.
Old 09-13-06, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast
This looks like the lowest price for The Critic. Has it ever been lower than $22?
Yes, it has been substantially cheaper.

According to my records, I paid $16.13 around 12/22/2005 from DDD. Looks like it was some sort of Sony sale, like B1G1F because I picked up a handful of other sony/mgm titles at the time for the same price like the Errol Morris collection, Rescue Me S1 and Seinfeld S4.
Old 09-26-06, 09:44 PM

I have actually lost a lot of respect for the people running DDD in the past few months.

1) I tried to order a bunch of the Sony TV dvds on 9/25. According to there website 9/25 was the last day of the sale. They must have ended the sale before that. That is not what troubles me however. A customer service rep and the supervisor totally deny that the sale ever happened. I sent another email to customer service with a link to this thread and I got this message back.

"We apologize for the incorrect information you received using the link from dvd talk. We can not be responsible for the information that is posted on their website.
Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscountDVD.com. We appreciate your business."

How can a company not know anything about a sale that they had and it's end date? When I spoke with customer service, they acted like I was crazy.

2) The other troubling incident occured after the June sale. I was waiting almost a month for a tv dvd that I ordered and it had not shipped. I sent an email informing ddd that I would like to have my order canceled. Two hours later I received a confirmation that my order had shipped. A little bit after that I was told that if I did not want the title that I should write return to sender on the package and send it back.

I am not worried about getting the TV Dvd's right now, but the blatant incompetence of this company is starting to take it's toll on my future buying decisions. There prices are hard to beat at times, but I just can not understand the outright lies.
Old 09-26-06, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jah-Wren Ryel
Yes, it has been substantially cheaper.

According to my records, I paid $16.13 around 12/22/2005 from DDD. Looks like it was some sort of Sony sale, like B1G1F because I picked up a handful of other sony/mgm titles at the time for the same price like the Errol Morris collection, Rescue Me S1 and Seinfeld S4.
Damn that's a good price.
Old 09-27-06, 12:19 AM

@PoorComputerMan

you should post in the store forum, not this thread.
Old 09-27-06, 10:30 AM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by PoorComputerMan
I have actually lost a lot of respect for the people running DDD in the past few months.

1) I tried to order a bunch of the Sony TV dvds on 9/25. According to there website 9/25 was the last day of the sale. They must have ended the sale before that. That is not what troubles me however. A customer service rep and the supervisor totally deny that the sale ever happened. I sent another email to customer service with a link to this thread and I got this message back.

"We apologize for the incorrect information you received using the link from dvd talk. We can not be responsible for the information that is posted on their website.
Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscountDVD.com. We appreciate your business."

How can a company not know anything about a sale that they had and it's end date? When I spoke with customer service, they acted like I was crazy.

2) The other troubling incident occured after the June sale. I was waiting almost a month for a tv dvd that I ordered and it had not shipped. I sent an email informing ddd that I would like to have my order canceled. Two hours later I received a confirmation that my order had shipped. A little bit after that I was told that if I did not want the title that I should write return to sender on the package and send it back.

I am not worried about getting the TV Dvd's right now, but the blatant incompetence of this company is starting to take it's toll on my future buying decisions. There prices are hard to beat at times, but I just can not understand the outright lies.

From my dealings with DDD lately I would say their policy is whatever the price is on their website at the time you place your order is the correct price.
They don't seem to want to adjust price to something you saw yesterday or earlier in the day. The exception to this of course is if they price something at $1.50 when they meant to price it at $51.50. This they will not honor for most people.
In my case Party of Five and The Jeffersons had their prices increased on the second day of the up to 55% sale. When I called they said prices change all the time and the current price is the correct price. They would not adjust the price. The next day the prices were adjusted back to the original sales price on the website and I was able to order what I wanted at the price I wanted to pay.