Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

ALF (1-3) are $14.99 NOT $21.99 each @ BB this week (YMMV?)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-06, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the title says I picked up Alf seasons 1-3 @ Best Buy for 14.99 each on Sunday. i was surprised to see the shelf markers stating 14.99 so I went to the counter expecting a fight...Nope rang up 14.99. THough the ad does state 21.99 each. Weird eh?

I am happy and OUT!!

Mike
Old 09-05-06, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wonder how well these butchered sets are selling. Were there many copies on the shelf?

I guess at 14.99 you'd get more impulse buys than at a higher cost. I'd pay big bucks if they would redo these seasons the proper way.
Old 09-06-06, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I wonder how well these butchered sets are selling. Were there many copies on the shelf?

I guess at 14.99 you'd get more impulse buys than at a higher cost. I'd pay big bucks if they would redo these seasons the proper way.

Meaning what? I was thinking about buying these for the kids. Are they that bad?
Old 09-06-06, 07:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by VitiminJ
Meaning what? I was thinking about buying these for the kids. Are they that bad?
I think they cut a few scenes here and there. Unless you're a hardcore fan, I haven't found that it affects enjoyment of the DVDs at all.
Old 09-06-06, 10:37 AM

It was an ad error... Their should be a correction saying they are supposed to be 15.99... However, the sale price is 14.99. So you pay 14.99. Even though the ad says 21.99 and the correction is to 15.99 they are 14.99. Isnt that nice! You think a major electronics store could get their electronics working right!
Old 09-06-06, 01:33 PM

If I remember correctly the syndicated versions were put on DVD so as said before scenes are cut here and there that allowed for additional ad time on tv. Being a Simpsons fan I noticed this phenomenom long ago on tv, and the DVDs have restored scenes the way they should be. Selling the syndicated versions of any show is a slap in the face to consumers, and knowing this heavily disuaded me from buying the Alf sets.
Old 09-06-06, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by gbub
If I remember correctly the syndicated versions were put on DVD so as said before scenes are cut here and there that allowed for additional ad time on tv. Being a Simpsons fan I noticed this phenomenom long ago on tv, and the DVDs have restored scenes the way they should be. Selling the syndicated versions of any show is a slap in the face to consumers, and knowing this heavily disuaded me from buying the Alf sets.
Thanks for the explaination...I was a little slow getting back to the thread.
My wife, aware I'm a big Alf fan, saw the season 1 set in the stores when it first came out and brought it over to me. I explained the problems with the set and she quickly put it back.