Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

ALF (1-3) are $14.99 NOT $21.99 each @ BB this week (YMMV?)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

ALF (1-3) are $14.99 NOT $21.99 each @ BB this week (YMMV?)

Old 09-05-06, 06:05 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 87
ALF (1-3) are $14.99 NOT $21.99 each @ BB this week (YMMV?)

As the title says I picked up Alf seasons 1-3 @ Best Buy for 14.99 each on Sunday. i was surprised to see the shelf markers stating 14.99 so I went to the counter expecting a fight...Nope rang up 14.99. THough the ad does state 21.99 each. Weird eh?

I am happy and OUT!!

Mike
icarwngs55 is offline  
Old 09-05-06, 08:24 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Export, PA
Posts: 5,589
I wonder how well these butchered sets are selling. Were there many copies on the shelf?

I guess at 14.99 you'd get more impulse buys than at a higher cost. I'd pay big bucks if they would redo these seasons the proper way.
MasterofDVD is offline  
Old 09-06-06, 07:50 AM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 169
Originally Posted by MasterofDVD
I wonder how well these butchered sets are selling. Were there many copies on the shelf?

I guess at 14.99 you'd get more impulse buys than at a higher cost. I'd pay big bucks if they would redo these seasons the proper way.

Meaning what? I was thinking about buying these for the kids. Are they that bad?
VitiminJ is offline  
Old 09-06-06, 07:59 AM
  #4  
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 100
Originally Posted by VitiminJ
Meaning what? I was thinking about buying these for the kids. Are they that bad?
I think they cut a few scenes here and there. Unless you're a hardcore fan, I haven't found that it affects enjoyment of the DVDs at all.
uwftke26 is offline  
Old 09-06-06, 10:37 AM
  #5  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NC
Posts: 179
It was an ad error... Their should be a correction saying they are supposed to be 15.99... However, the sale price is 14.99. So you pay 14.99. Even though the ad says 21.99 and the correction is to 15.99 they are 14.99. Isnt that nice! You think a major electronics store could get their electronics working right!
TruBuffyFan is offline  
Old 09-06-06, 01:33 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Nashotah, WI, USA
Posts: 626
Meaning what? I was thinking about buying these for the kids. Are they that bad?
If I remember correctly the syndicated versions were put on DVD so as said before scenes are cut here and there that allowed for additional ad time on tv. Being a Simpsons fan I noticed this phenomenom long ago on tv, and the DVDs have restored scenes the way they should be. Selling the syndicated versions of any show is a slap in the face to consumers, and knowing this heavily disuaded me from buying the Alf sets.
gbub is offline  
Old 09-06-06, 01:38 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Export, PA
Posts: 5,589
Originally Posted by gbub
If I remember correctly the syndicated versions were put on DVD so as said before scenes are cut here and there that allowed for additional ad time on tv. Being a Simpsons fan I noticed this phenomenom long ago on tv, and the DVDs have restored scenes the way they should be. Selling the syndicated versions of any show is a slap in the face to consumers, and knowing this heavily disuaded me from buying the Alf sets.
Thanks for the explaination...I was a little slow getting back to the thread.
My wife, aware I'm a big Alf fan, saw the season 1 set in the stores when it first came out and brought it over to me. I explained the problems with the set and she quickly put it back.
MasterofDVD is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.