DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Exclusive Lost Bonus Discs (Season 2) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/475599-exclusive-lost-bonus-discs-season-2-a.html)

Michael Corvin 08-25-06 08:34 PM

Exclusive Lost Bonus Discs (Season 2)

Sort of a companion thread to the Desperate Houswives search, I thought I would start one for Lost. With the release of Season 1 on DVD collector's had to track down 4 bonus discs. What is in store for season 2?

Post here and I will try and keep it updated.

Tonight I found an exclusive disc(CD-Rom) on:

==============
TVGuide - Lost "Never before seen footage!" Plus Season 3 preview.
This is on the Aug. 28-Sept. 3 issue. Yujin Kim(Sun) & Daniel Dae Kim(Jin) grace the cover. The disc is sealed in plastic to the cover. The issue has an episode guide for season 2 and a sneak at season 3.

Disc Contents:
Featurettes:
"Canine Castaway" (5 mins) - Behind the scenes feature on Vincent
"Mysteries, Theories & Conspiracies" (3 mins) - Interviews with creators about the wild fan theories.

Deleted Scenes:
"Giving Care" (@1 min) - Sun & Jin sharing a quiet moment while Sun takes care of Sawyer after their return early in the season.
"Kate's Choice"(@ 30 sec.) Charlie and Locke discussing Kate leaving(hard to say where this fits into the season)
"The Saw" (@ 30 sec.) - Eko asking Locke for a saw to build his church

Easter Egg: If you go to the "menu page" and mouse over the middle of the "O" in LOST, and click that. There is a clip of Evangeline Lilly holding the baby that plays Aaron

Season 3 Sneak Peek (@ 30 seconds) - I believe this was the commercial that aired shortly after season 2 ended.

Season 2 Trailer (1:30 mins) - Commercial for the Season 2 DVD set.
==============

Lost: Season 2 >>>>> $35.99 ****
thanks speedy!

****Bext Buy Exclusive Bonus DVD, featuring The Reckoning season 2 recap epsiode and Lost : On Location featurette with behind the scenes footage and cast & crew interviews // Minimum 30 per store // No Rainchecks

==============

Anyone heard of any other promotional discs? Let's hear it.

JohnIan 08-25-06 08:44 PM

What sucks is that people like me, subscibers don't get those. Grand.

Thanks for the info.

mifuneral 08-25-06 08:46 PM

Yeah, I'll never understand that. Why does TV Guide punish its subscribers, who are loyal customers, by leaving out the bonus items? That's a poor business practice.

Michael Corvin 08-25-06 09:02 PM

The feature on Vincent is about the only decent thing on the disc. Good thing too since it is the longest(or probably because of). The "mysteries" bit is too short to really go anywhere, and the Deleted scenes are definitly throw away bits other than the Sun/Jin scene. That one is actually a touching little reunion between the two characters.

Forgot to mention, last years TVGuide bonus disc issue went quick so if you are a completist you better hop on this soon.

PGHFlyer 08-25-06 09:15 PM

Are these things that won't be on the box set?

sotra 08-25-06 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by jkzahn
Are these things that won't be on the box set?

yep. hence exclusive. let's hope best buy will do what they did for season 1.

JohnIan 08-25-06 09:37 PM

They did do that for Season One. A mini CD-ROM with exclusive clips and the Driveshaft song.

RedBull7&83 08-25-06 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by mifuneral
Yeah, I'll never understand that. Why does TV Guide punish its subscribers, who are loyal customers, by leaving out the bonus items? That's a poor business practice.

So stupid question then, how do you get it?

The Cow 08-25-06 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by RedBull7&amp (Post 83)
So stupid question then, how do you get it?

Grocery store, newsstand, bookstore, etc...

longshanks 08-25-06 11:00 PM

I wasn't aware of 4 different discs last year. Can anybody give me more info on last year's discs? Thanks

Michael Corvin 08-25-06 11:36 PM

Three. My bad, just looked at my collection. Best Buy exclusive, TVGuide disc, and the Lost Chonicles disc.

longshanks 08-25-06 11:44 PM

Thanks, thought I missed one -eek-

Josh-da-man 08-26-06 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by mifuneral

It's an incentive for people to buy the magazine in a store.

Subscribers are already captive customers. They've already paid for the magazine and they don't need to dangle that particular carrot in front of them.

JohnIan 08-26-06 02:14 AM

Picked up mine about two hours ago. Took some snaps. Enjoy.
Home Page.
Menu Page.

Since Longshanks asked, here's the Best Buy promo for season one.
Bonus DVD Cover.
Bonus DVD Menu Page.

And the 2005 TV Guide mini CD-ROM exclusive.
Menu Page.

mifuneral 08-26-06 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
It's an incentive for people to buy the magazine in a store.

Subscribers are already captive customers. They've already paid for the magazine and they don't need to dangle that particular carrot in front of them.

Just because they don't *need* to doesn't mean they shouldn't do it. The fact that I'm a subscriber right now does not necessarily mean that I will renew said subscription, especially since everything contained in the TV Guide can be found online for free.

sotra 08-26-06 10:33 AM

Thanks for the screenshots JohnIan! For anyone picking this one up it might be worth checking out Walmart (10% off magazines), BJs (20%) or other places that sell magazines at a discount.

RedBull7&83 08-26-06 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by The Cow
Grocery store, newsstand, bookstore, etc...

Thanks! See I said stupid question...lol So the disc is just like the special covers.

sotra 08-26-06 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by sotra
Thanks for the screenshots JohnIan! For anyone picking this one up it might be worth checking out Walmart (10% off magazines), BJs (20%) or other places that sell magazines at a discount.

Replying to my own post ;) Just picked up the TV Guide @ BJs and it came to $2.39 with 20% off and used my 5% cashback credit card. Not much difference, but every little helps, right?

Trevor 08-26-06 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Three. My bad, just looked at my collection. Best Buy exclusive, TVGuide disc, and the Lost Chonicles disc.

That Lost Chronicles book/DVD is now on clearance at Borders.

(Activating time machine so I can back and save $15)

IDrinkMolson 08-26-06 12:50 PM

There's one more hidden clip I just found. If you go to the "menu page" and mouse over the middle of the "O" in LOST, and click that. There is a clip of Evangeline Lilly holding the baby that plays Aaron.

Thanks for the heads up, I missed this last year.

PGHFlyer 08-26-06 02:38 PM

I stopped by my borders but they didn't have it in my store. However, I just noticed that Amazon is selling the Lost Chronicles book online (bargain book) for $7.99.

D'ohboy 08-26-06 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Forgot to mention, last years TVGuide bonus disc issue went quick so if you are a completist you better hop on this soon.

Looks like you can still pick it up at their webstore but beware of s&h.

ohiobobcat 08-26-06 04:23 PM

Thanks a bunch! I'd been keeping an eye out on ebay for the season 1 disc and expected to pay a lot more than 12.90 (TVGuide cost after shipping.)

Michael Corvin 08-26-06 07:41 PM

The Lost Chronicles disc was pretty good from my recollection... it has been a year since I viewed it. :)

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
There's one more hidden clip I just found. If you go to the "menu page" and mouse over the middle of the "O" in LOST, and click that. There is a clip of Evangeline Lilly holding the baby that plays Aaron.

Thanks for the heads up, I missed this last year.

Cool. Added it to the top post.

Erreth 08-26-06 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
That Lost Chronicles book/DVD is now on clearance at Borders.

(Activating time machine so I can back and save $15)

Not on sale at the Borders I stopped at in Long Beach, CA. Was still 18.95 and I had them scan it at the register just to make sure. Oh well.

And was last years Best Buy disc in the package or in a DVD sleeve along with it?