DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   (DEAD) INSANE DDD Television Show Sale!!! (House: S2 @ 32.67) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/475165-dead-insane-ddd-television-show-sale-house-s2-%40-32-67-a.html)

dman988 08-21-06 05:02 PM

(DEAD) INSANE DDD Television Show Sale!!! (House: S2 @ 32.67)

Yes, DDD is out to bankrupt us all.
How sad :D

Anyway, I just came upon this, thinking there'd be nothing interesting.
Boy, was I wrong.

All seasons of Monk for 29.99.

Amazing Stories: S1 @ 28.

Season 1 + 2 of the Munsters @ 18.

Taken (which was OOP for some time) @ 65.

Northern Exposure @ 30 each season.

American Gothic @ 28.

and finally, Battlestar Galactica 2.0 + 2.5, and the Office: S2 @ 28, while House: S2 is 32.67.

Enjoy these prices while they last.

Link: http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/studi...ainStudioID=54

I just might buy House and Northern Exposure...

PGHFlyer 08-21-06 05:08 PM

Those are some pretty nice deals. Most of them are almost exactly the same price I purchased them for after my 20% off during the last sale. I have so many to watch from that, I think I will just wait for now........good catch though!

rkndkn 08-21-06 05:22 PM

Thanks for the heads up -- I didn't even know "The Book of Daniel" was coming out next month. I loved that show.

JohnSlider 08-21-06 05:24 PM

Thanks dman, Taken & Office S1-2 look like they'd be worth the buy.

Damed 08-21-06 05:43 PM

thanks OP!

DDMCA029833D BATTLESTAR GALACTICA-SEASON 2.5 1 $27.23
DDMCA030318D JACK OF ALL TRADES-COMPLETE SERIES 1 $22.69
DDMCA028506D OFFICE-1ST SEASON 1 $16.33

RKillgore 08-21-06 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by dman988
Northern Exposure @ 30 each season.

I just might buy House and Northern Exposure...

Last week, Best Buy had four seasons of Northern Exposure for $20 each. Too bad you missed it, but consider it a heads up if you want to wait for the possibility of that sort of deal coming around again.

bigjim25 08-21-06 06:15 PM

Charles In Charge - 1st Season $ 12.25
Gimme A Break - 1st Season $ 12.25

HE Pennypacker 08-21-06 06:21 PM

Gimme A Break is right.

Liquid Death 08-21-06 06:31 PM

Anyone think Office: S2 ($27.xx) will be any cheaper anytime soon? That's a little less than 50% off...

dman988 08-21-06 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by RKillgore
Last week, Best Buy had four seasons of Northern Exposure for $20 each. Too bad you missed it, but consider it a heads up if you want to wait for the possibility of that sort of deal coming around again.

Darn, but thanks a lot for telling me. I'll wait then and buy something else this time. I'll keep an eye out for that.

I'm contemplating buying BSG now, but I think I can easily buy it at Best Buy and save waiting. Same goes with the Office S2.
Jack of All Trades I'm not sure about, since I blind bought Brisco County Jr. and didn't like that very much.

House will be 39.99 at Target, but it comes with a 5$ gift card and no wait...so maybe some would want to consider that although, it is probably like 4$ more expensive after tax and everything.

I may blind buy the Book of Daniel though.
How is that show?

dman988 08-21-06 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
Anyone think Office: S2 ($27.xx) will be any cheaper anytime soon? That's a little less than 50% off...

I highly doubt it.
Usually, boxes that have MSRPs at 50 don't go cheaper than 28 with free shipping. Best Buy or Target, if everything goes accordingly, should have it for 30 with tax.
Unless there's a major sale on Amazon or a DDD B1G1 free sale, I really doubt it, and those sales probably wouldn't even include this so I think this is the deal of best value. Except you have to wait like a week after it's released to actually get the dvd. Some people may not like that...(I don't when it comes to new releases)

JohnSlider 08-21-06 06:47 PM

Eventually It Will Be Down To 20.00, But It Depends How Long You Want To Wait.

hiccup 08-21-06 07:02 PM

Alfred Hitchcock Presents-1st Season
American Gothic-Complete Series
JACK OF ALL TRADES-COMPLETE SERIES
TAKEN (STEVEN SPIELBERG)
SLIDERS-1ST & 2ND SEASONS
SLIDERS-3RD SEASON

All of these for me. That's the only Hitchcock set I am missing as I have the Masterpiece Collection, Signature Collection, Early Works Set (missing titles the other two didn't have).

I always thought that all of Sliders had been released on DVD already. I don't want to jump into the series and buy it if the other couple seasons will not be put up. Anybody know the status of this release?

Randy Hassan 08-21-06 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by RKillgore
Last week, Best Buy had four seasons of Northern Exposure for $20 each.

They're also at Sam's for that price...

redrum 08-21-06 08:55 PM

office season 2 ordered.

marty888 08-21-06 09:18 PM

Hitchcock Presents & Sliders Season 3: much too tempting!

dman988 08-21-06 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Randy Hassan
They're also at Sam's for that price...

Really?
Does anyone know if Costco has it for about the same price?
I know that Amazon has S3 (which I'd get too) for 20$.

JohnIan 08-21-06 09:44 PM

Don't get me started on "Book of Daniel".

In short. It's a good buy. Great show that got canceled by uptight, narrow minded folks. It's just like that Simpsons' episode, "I bring you... peace and love." "KILL IT! It brings us peace and love!" Too true.

dman988 08-21-06 10:36 PM

That sounds good enough.
Consider me a candidate for blind buying it. :)

BornAgainStar 08-21-06 10:53 PM

Book of Daniel is fine if you don't care about the religion it's trying to offend. I'm not sure I agree that people who don't like something near and dear to their heart to be made fun of means they are uptight, narrow minded - nor do I think any of those people were actually in charge of cancelling the show. TV execs only care about ratings, not offensive material. Most people didn't watch it, regardless of their religious feelings. Out of the reviews I read for the show, the only ones giving it good reviews were admittedly only doing so because the show was so different and should be on TV just because some people were offended, not because the show was any good.

Just giving an alternate viewpoint.

grem458 08-21-06 11:03 PM

Thanks OP. I grabbed Taken. Great price.

domino harvey 08-21-06 11:06 PM

I have never seen American Dreams at that price, a great deal if it's your sort of thing

dman988 08-21-06 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by BornAgainStar
Book of Daniel is fine if you don't care about the religion it's trying to offend. I'm not sure I agree that people who don't like something near and dear to their heart to be made fun of means they are uptight, narrow minded - nor do I think any of those people were actually in charge of cancelling the show. TV execs only care about ratings, not offensive material. Most people didn't watch it, regardless of their religious feelings. Out of the reviews I read for the show, the only ones giving it good reviews were admittedly only doing so because the show was so different and should be on TV just because some people were offended, not because the show was any good.

Just giving an alternate viewpoint.

What if I were to tell you that I was Jewish?
Would that affect my level of being offended...or would I be wholly uninterested and indifferent to the series?
I'm quite curious, and it's the first time I see anything that religion has to do with television. :)
And the show wasn't good, but only interesting in that it provoked questions?
Hmm...

Well, thanks for that information.

hiccup 08-21-06 11:33 PM

Is DDD not working for anyone else?

hiccup 08-21-06 11:34 PM

Here's the simply and short reason for why Book of Daniel was cancelled, nobody cared for it. Plain and simple. Oh and you can throw me in that group.