Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

DVDs at Ross - Dress for Less!

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DVDs at Ross - Dress for Less!

Old 11-19-10, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DVDs at Ross - Dress for Less!

At the Columbia, SC Ross on Two Notch there is an Angels and Demons Collectors Set, two Frank Sinatra sets (Early Years and Golden Years), along with some Lord of the Rings sets (one having a figurine).

I finally found the Casablanca Ultimate Collector's Edition. There was a slash on the UPC but the cut didn't reach the box, thankfully. There is, though, on the side of the box a cut. Other than that it's in great condition. I'm guessing this is how most of the sets will be.
Old 11-19-10, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts

My local Ross has been very weak lately. The James Stewart & Frank Sinatra boxes just sit & nothing new at least when I go in.
Old 11-19-10, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought the Complete Series of Miami Vice for $49.95. Had $10.50 left on gift card. So I got it.

They also had King Kong 2-disc Limited Collector's Set for $9.99 Past on it.

Didn't see the Jimmy Stewart set.
Old 11-21-10, 06:38 PM

Ross has not been judicious with box sets around here lately - I've seen the Sinatra set, both LOTR box sets (although on Return of the King the deluxe dvd has been serendipitously replaced with a 2-disc version....), Dreamgirls gift set, King Kong production diaries, and the Angels and Demons bookends set - and lest not mention the Casablanca gift set for the umpteenth time. None of these do much for me but the fiance was rather pleased to acquire the LOTR boxsets.
Old 11-21-10, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hasslein
Do you mean Miami Vice? I saw that one, and Hawaii Five-O hasn't been completely released yet.
My bad
Old 11-26-10, 09:29 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Went back to Wal-Mart after reading that one of the store restocked their BF $12 TV DVD sets.

Saw nothing new. Left empty handed.

Next door is Ross - found "Wyatt Earp: Two-Disc Special Edition" for $5.99.

It's something.
Old 11-29-10, 09:29 PM

Just got back from Ross and bought Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers gift set.

I must warn you. Open spoiler with caution. It's not the best condition.

Spoiler:

The box is in bad shape but the statue is in perfect condition. They did cut the price in half. So I can't complain too much. I'll go back to a different Ross and hopefully I'll find another one in better shape.
Old 12-12-10, 12:50 PM

My first Ross purchases were the 4xDVD releases of "The Two Towers" and "Return of the King", several years ago for around $5 each. But I've been lukewarm ever since, as each time I visit, the selection always looks thin and picked over. But last night I found a double DVD of "All the President's Men" for $3.99. Anybody care to comment on how often Ross gets new stock? (Perhaps the same could apply to TJ Maxx and Marshalls?) Do all stores in an area tend to restock at the same time, or is it a lot more hit and miss?
Old 12-21-10, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by thetao
My first Ross purchases were the 4xDVD releases of "The Two Towers" and "Return of the King", several years ago for around $5 each. But I've been lukewarm ever since, as each time I visit, the selection always looks thin and picked over. But last night I found a double DVD of "All the President's Men" for $3.99. Anybody care to comment on how often Ross gets new stock? (Perhaps the same could apply to TJ Maxx and Marshalls?) Do all stores in an area tend to restock at the same time, or is it a lot more hit and miss?
I've seen those special statue editions of the LOTR 4 DVD releases at Ross many times, but I passed each time since I already bought each of the statue-less editions for a lot more (back in the days before I learned my lessons to wait for better prices). Same with a lot of other titles like All the President's Men. So when I go into Ross most of the time I leave empty-handed, and for those titles I don't already have I figure at $3.99 or $4.99 at Ross I'll just wait for $3 at Big Lots.

The part about how often Ross gets new stock... I have no idea, but from observation their DVD inventory rarely changes much from week to week so I think it must trickle in. If you don't go to a Ross for a few months then there will be a lot of different stuff, but when I've checked weekly it was mostly the same stuff, so I almost never go there just to check DVDs. They are next door to my Staples so I go to Ross for 5 minutes whenever I go to Staples. AFAIK, Ross, TJ Maxx, and Marshall's are like Big Lots in that stores sell excess merchandise to them in "big lots" and they resell it. The difference is Big Lots has the best prices, Ross next, and then the other 2, so I don't waste time in TJ Maxx or Marshall's (which is now far away since they closed my nearest store).
Old 12-21-10, 12:24 PM

Anybody still seeing the "LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring" Extended version box set?
Old 12-21-10, 01:57 PM

Found the Greta Garbo collection for $29.99 - nice present for the fiancee!
Old 12-22-10, 10:20 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I saw Happy Days- 4th season and Laverne and Shirley - second season for $10.99 each.
Old 12-26-10, 02:20 PM

I visited the Center City Philadelphia Ross store for the first time today and didn't see any DVDs at all
Old 12-31-10, 03:44 PM

Saw Angels & Demons DVD gift set (with bookends) for 14.99, The Rat Pack Collection for 9.99, and a Batman Motion Picture Anthology (89-97) for 19.99.
Old 01-01-11, 12:34 PM

I saw the Miami Vice complete series set at a reduced $34.99 price at my Ross. I think it was $49.99 before, but Buy.com had the set for $39.99 several times, so $34.99 + tax isn't much of a savings. Has anyone else seen this set for $34.99 or less at their Ross? Is it likely to drop further in price?
Old 01-01-11, 11:17 PM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Have a senior go with you on tuesday and get another ten percent off the miami vice set with the senior discount. I wish I had it at the price at my store. It was 49.99.
Old 01-03-11, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
I saw the Miami Vice complete series set at a reduced $34.99 price at my Ross. I think it was $49.99 before, but Buy.com had the set for $39.99 several times, so $34.99 + tax isn't much of a savings. Has anyone else seen this set for $34.99 or less at their Ross? Is it likely to drop further in price?
Nope. My local Ross still has it for $49.99.
Old 01-03-11, 04:57 PM

I saw Miami Vice in one store out of four I went to recently and it was 'reduced' to $35.
Old 01-09-11, 07:34 AM

I hit a bunch (8) of Ross's yesterday. I found and purchased Woodstock the Directors cut for $29.99. I saw The Wizard of Oz deluxe box set for $29.99. The were a bunch of the Lord of the Rings Two Towers and Return of the King for $9.99. I picked up a Rat Pack set for $9.99 at one store. All of the stores have very limited selection of DVD's. The Lord of the Rings sets were in the toy department at most of the stores and not on the DVD racks.
Old 01-09-11, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts

They've definitely raised their prices since last fall.
Old 01-10-11, 10:44 AM

Didnt find any Miami vice series, or jimmy stewart box sets. But i did find an old favorite "hard times" charles bronson $3.99
Old 01-15-11, 08:40 AM

In Arington, TX:

Two Towers set $10
Return of the King set $10
King Kong production diaries $10
Miami Vice complete $49
Old 01-17-11, 03:17 PM

Got two

-Dog day afternoon (two-disc) $3.99
-All the president's men (two-disc) $3.99
Old 01-18-11, 09:07 AM

It's nice that people post what they think are deals, but the last 2 posts are all ancient-history titles at those prices. It would be cool to have an editable list on the first page, but I'm thinking DVD Talk probably doesn't have a Twiki-like feature like Slickdeals that anyone can edit, and no single person has time to maintain the lists. Oh well.

The last few times I've been to a few different Ross stores since Christmas, instead of a nearly full DVD rack on both sides, each store has 2-4 rows on 1 side with the rest empty or full of non-movie stuff (things like overpriced CD/DVD holders). I even asked when they'll get some restock on movies and they had no idea. So the last time I was near Ross I didn't even bother going in.
Old 01-18-11, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
It's nice that people post what they think are deals, but the last 2 posts are all ancient-history titles at those prices. It would be cool to have an editable list on the first page, but I'm thinking DVD Talk probably doesn't have a Twiki-like feature like Slickdeals that anyone can edit, and no single person has time to maintain the lists. Oh well.

The last few times I've been to a few different Ross stores since Christmas, instead of a nearly full DVD rack on both sides, each store has 2-4 rows on 1 side with the rest empty or full of non-movie stuff (things like overpriced CD/DVD holders). I even asked when they'll get some restock on movies and they had no idea. So the last time I was near Ross I didn't even bother going in.

Well Honestly No one cares about what you didnt find. This is a thread for bargains we DID find.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.