DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Back to school coupon booklets (BB) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/473304-back-school-coupon-booklets-bb.html)

CyberZombie 08-01-06 01:45 PM

Back to school coupon booklets (BB)

I did a search on this and could not find it anywhere. I used my 30% last week on some hard drives and today I got 20% off TV DVDs today... Curb 3,4,5 and I had to buy F-Troop to get the total over $100 which is the minimum limit to use the coupon. Curb 3 & 4 = 18.39 each, Curb 5 = 20.79, and F-Troop = 27.19. These Coupons are all over the store and you could find the higher value with following info I got from FW :

I noticed that the higher %-off back to school coupon booklets at Best Buy (the ones with the 20%/10%/30% codes) have slightly different copyright text than the low (10%/5%/15%) %-off booklets. If you get one with a 29528_1 to the left of the copyright symbol on the back cover, you have a dud. If there's no text to the left of the the copyright symbol, you got a winner!

Coupons are as follows: Save 20% AV Cables, Flash Drives, Gaming Furniture, Keyboards & Mice, Music CD's $9.99 and up, 4x6 Photo Printers, PC Speakers, Remotes, Satellite Radio, Shelf Systems, TV Dvd's, and Wireless Headphones. Save 30% on Computer Accessories, Notebook Accessories, Office Furniture, and Paper. 7-16-06 til 09-09-06

yeldarb367 08-01-06 02:21 PM

The 20% TV sets might be helpful next week. Prison Break would be $29.59 a/c. I might also consider Fresh Prince seasons 1, 2 or 3 for $14.39 a/c each.

wennma01 08-01-06 03:08 PM

where do you get these booklets from?

Jtnguyen12 08-01-06 03:17 PM

can someone scann the coupon !!!

sotra 08-01-06 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jtnguyen12
can someone scann the coupon !!!

They have the coupons by all the registers in store.

longshanks 08-01-06 08:55 PM

I used this on Boondocks last week without spending the $100. It only says minimum 100 when all 3 coupons are intact. So it might not be noticed. Depends on your store...as talked about on FatWallet.

jiggawhat 08-01-06 09:12 PM

This has been mentioned sometime ago on fatwallet. Basically to find them in the large stacks of books easier just look on the top for a less yellowing color on the spine. I picked up some at Best Buy today after that hint.

Acapelli 08-01-06 10:03 PM

Tried going through that thread, and it was just pretty much people whining about Best Buy.

Are there any other things that can tip you off about the coupons, other than the text next to the copyright and less yellowing.

jiggyblau 08-01-06 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Acapelli
Tried going through that thread, and it was just pretty much people whining about Best Buy.

Are there any other things that can tip you off about the coupons, other than the text next to the copyright and less yellowing.

The only thing that matters is the text before the copyright. If it's there, it's no good. (The yellow vs blue thing is not a sure thing.)

I picked up Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 5 for $20.79 today with the 20% coupon. Excellent deal! Of course, YMMV since it's on sale and they're not supposed to combine discounts.

dvd182 08-08-06 08:28 PM

I tried to use one of the 20% off tv sets one for Prison Break and The Wire and was shot down, since they aren't at regular price. I might try again tomorrow with some different cashiers...