DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Buy 3/4 Get 1 Free At Tower Records 28-30/31 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/472789-buy-3-4-get-1-free-tower-records-28-30-31-a.html)

hiccup 07-27-06 01:40 AM

Buy 4 Get 1 Free At Tower Records 28-30

Hello my fellow DVDTalkers and all my CAGgers out there that may read this. Here's a bit of insider information for ya. Right now it still hasn't been cleared up exactly, but Tower Records is having a sale this weekend. I haven't recieved confirmation as of yet whether it is b3g1 or b4g1 or if it will last through Monday, but I know there will be this offer. Not the worst, and not the best offer to come out, but may come in handy to some who are buying there DVDs that are currently on sale such as the $4.99 DVDs or the Fox Film Noirs that are on sale for $9.99. Hope this helps someone at least and I'll try to get confirmation tomorrow as to the specifics.

By the way, does anyone know of any in-store Tower Records coupons like they had awhile back? i remember a $5 off purchases $25 and I'm pretty sure that could be used in combination with this offer (not to mention I am sort of in need of one).

marty888 07-27-06 07:49 AM

B3G1 = 25% discount
B4G1 = 20% discount

If, as they have done in some previous sales, this applies only to MSRP, then it becomes a much less attractive sale.

Any word?

dx23 07-27-06 08:34 AM

Will the sale be online too?

yeldarb367 07-27-06 11:40 AM

If its B3G1 then I might have to check this out.

hiccup 07-28-06 12:37 AM

I'm bumping this one up. At my store it will be B4G1 free and I can attest that most stores will be this way, but some may be B3G1, so I'll add a YMMV to the title. Again, not the best, but decent. This deal could be used pretty well on the Fox Film Noirs that are on sale at $9.99 (would make them about the same price as a DDD sale out here after tax) or on the $4.99 movies. Also, those who haven't taken advantage of the 2-disc sale going on may want to now (if their stores still have any left).

souvenir 07-28-06 08:15 AM

I got an email about this and it applies to CDs or DVDs (you get the 5th one free) and is only instore.

Arpeggi 07-28-06 08:16 AM

Yeah I got the same email too. Buy 4 get 1 free.

island007 07-28-06 05:06 PM

May we use this with items already on sale? I need to pick up some new release stuff for the weekend.

The only thing worst then uninvited guests are uninvited guests with specific movie requests.

hiccup 07-28-06 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by island007
May we use this with items already on sale? I need to pick up some new release stuff for the weekend.

The only thing worst then uninvited guests are uninvited guests with specific movie requests.

Yaeh, looks to be only for the three day weekend and B4G1. Guess that's what corporate finally decided on. Should have known. Anyway, yaeh you can use this on items already on sale. I did it today inconjuction with the Fox Film Noirs that were on sale and the 25% off Fox titles with one of the 9.99 two discs to boot..