Amazon sale 40% to 50% off a lot of Fox TV shows

Old 07-22-06, 06:32 PM

Comedies http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...?docId=1439201

Dramas http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...?docId=1439301
Old 07-22-06, 07:01 PM
Premium Member

It's part of a price drop. Expect them to get cheaper at several places.

20th Century Fox TV price drop
Old 07-22-06, 07:13 PM
Banned

I'm thinking of getting the 4 X-Files Mythology sets. I don't really care for any of the stand-alone episodes.
Old 07-22-06, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

was it just me, or do none of those prices seem particularly great, considering that they've either been that price before or even cheaper? that 70s show is only $20 at walmart (seasons 1-3), the x-files were about that price at best buy (or a bit cheaper during DDD's 20% off sale) when they came out, walmart offered most of those for $19.99 or less at some point, and the family guy seasons are only $18 at sams club...
Old 07-23-06, 11:43 AM

I was thinking the same thing Liquid
Old 07-23-06, 12:53 PM

I feel stupid paying $90 for most of those X-Files sets, these new ones even have better packaging
Old 07-23-06, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GorillaX
I feel stupid paying $90 for most of those X-Files sets, these new ones even have better packaging
But the new ones are missing bonus material that was on the original sets. I'm glad I have the originals, I hate the massive foldouts but I like knowing they are more complete than the new sets. I think I paid $60-$70 for a couple sets and less than $50 each for the rest, not bad considering that was over 3 years ago.
Old 07-23-06, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Liquid Death
was it just me, or do none of those prices seem particularly great, considering that they've either been that price before or even cheaper? that 70s show is only $20 at walmart (seasons 1-3), the x-files were about that price at best buy (or a bit cheaper during DDD's 20% off sale) when they came out, walmart offered most of those for $19.99 or less at some point, and the family guy seasons are only $18 at sams club...
It's all relative when they take the discount on already inflated SRPs
Old 07-23-06, 09:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Void
But the new ones are missing bonus material that was on the original sets. I'm glad I have the originals, I hate the massive foldouts but I like knowing they are more complete than the new sets. I think I paid $60-$70 for a couple sets and less than $50 each for the rest, not bad considering that was over 3 years ago.
That's not true at all.
Old 07-25-06, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Vandelay_Inds
Amazon's prices and "sales" just keep getting worse and worse...
The problem is, IMHO, that Amazon used to be the first one to run the ridiculous TVonDVD sales (like the $15 first seasons of FOX shows), now they're incredibly behind and other retailers are whooping them. Plus, a probably the last 10 or so DVDs that have been a great price I've tried to buy from them, have been price errors and cancelled a few days later. So I don't bother much there anymore, except for books.