DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   (DEAD) Discovery 20th Anniversary DVD Collection - $10 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/471943-dead-discovery-20th-anniversary-dvd-collection-%2410.html)

wildman1037 07-18-06 09:28 AM

(DEAD) Discovery 20th Anniversary DVD Collection - $10

Discovery is now offering their 20th Anniversary DVD Collection on the website for $10.

LINK

Details from website:

Product Detail:

Celebrate two decades of globe-spanning exploration and top-notch entertainment with this special, five-disc collection valued at over $100 (if purchased separately). Featuring a variety of hit programs from Discovery's first 20 years – some never before available on DVD.

Forbidden City: The Great Within
Explore one of the world's most extravagant palaces – the Forbidden City of Beijing. Unprecedented access reveals for the first time some of its reputed 9,999 rooms and 240 acres of palace grounds, schools, temples and theaters. Once closed off to the world, this icon of Chinese imperial power is now yours to discover.

Wolves at Our Door
Join documentary filmmaker Jim Dutcher and his wife, Jamie, as they share their experiences living with a family of wolves for three years. By bottle feeding them as puppies and being a constant presence in their lives, the Dutchers gain unprecedented acceptance into the world of these lively – but misunderstood – canines.

Titanic: Anatomy of a Disaster
Touted as unsinkable prior to its maiden voyage, the manner in which the Titanic sank has long been a source of debate. Watch as scientists and researchers combine underwater archaeology, forensic science, metallurgy and other disciplines to get to the bottom of this 90-year-old mystery.

Queen of the Elephants
As India's population explodes, precious elephant grazing areas are beginning to disappear. Join conservationist Mark Shand and elephant handler Parbarti Barua as they stride 300 miles across India on the backs of elephants to generate awareness for the plight of these gentle giants.

Carrier: Fortress at Sea
Meet the crew of the USS Carl Vinson and shove off for a six-month, 45,000-mile voyage from San Francisco to the Persian Gulf. Along the way, thrill to the real-life story of the Navy's top guns – as told by the men themselves – and marvel at the visual excitement of flight deck operations and footage from jet-mounted cameras.

Trevor 07-18-06 09:52 AM

FYI, this is 5 DVDs and 7 hours 5 minutes in length.

Free shipping on orders over $50.

A ton of their other DVDs are on sale also.

James Anderson 07-18-06 10:39 AM

thanks for the heads up!

here are the coupon codes from the other sale thread

$10 off $75 - Code: DCSREC - exp. unknown
$10 off $75 - Code: ACCESS1 - exp. 07/31/06
$10 off $50 - Code: COM10 - exp. 07/31/06
$10 off $50 - Code: VSAQ410 - exp. 09/30/06 (Visa purchases only)
$5 off $50 - Code: PSOFR55 - exp. unknown
$5 off $25 - Code: EMAIL06 - exp. 12/31/06
Free Shipping on The Flight That Fought Back DVD - Code: FLT93 - exp. unk.
Free Shipping on $75 - Code: DAD75 - exp. unknown
Free Shipping on $75 - Code: FSJULEM - exp. 07/31/06
Free shipping on $75 - Code: CLEAR75 - exp. 08/30/06

Lemondrop 07-18-06 07:41 PM

Bought $33 worth of DVD's so I sed a 5 off 25 , which pretty much gave me free shipping . Seems like a good deal , alot of hours of stuff to watch for $33 bucks , Thanks .

unbeeleebable 07-18-06 08:21 PM

Thanks OP!

pagansoul 07-19-06 12:12 PM

You can not use the $50 and get free ship with the other codes. Only one discount at a time in this case. The Discovery Store also has this but you have to buy $50 worth of merchandise. You will be charged tax on line.

Surfinhank 07-20-06 10:00 AM

Great deal, thanks OP.

Ocelot 07-21-06 08:39 AM

i can't think of anything else to buy to get over $25, missing just few cents! Any suggestions? Other than dvds?

Pasco 07-21-06 09:24 AM

For those of you who like official packaging, many of these discs are bare bones with just the title on the cover (and a photo of Earth), kind of like when you buy a show from PBS or The History Channel. No barcode and such. If the picture attached to the title is a screenshot of the show it is most likely going to be one of those discs.

Ocelot 07-21-06 09:46 AM

The 20th anniversary set is sold out i think... it's no longer in my cart and on the site.