Circuit City Prices: July 9 - July 15, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-06, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks a lot for the listings.

Did anyone else notice that the

TDK 50 Pack CD-R >>>> $6.99
TDK 25 Pack DVD=R / DVD-R >>>> $6.99

copy in the ad, actually says "AND" instead of "OR." So presumably it is $6.99 for both together. You'd probably have to argue it at the store, but if you're in need of CDRs and DVDRs - not a bad deal. Well, it's the price they pay for writing loose copy.
Old 07-09-06, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gribalski
Thanks a lot for the listings.

Did anyone else notice that the

TDK 50 Pack CD-R >>>> $6.99
TDK 25 Pack DVD=R / DVD-R >>>> $6.99

copy in the ad, actually says "AND" instead of "OR." So presumably it is $6.99 for both together. You'd probably have to argue it at the store, but if you're in need of CDRs and DVDRs - not a bad deal. Well, it's the price they pay for writing loose copy.
Just a typo on my part.

that = sign should be a +.

Sorry
Old 07-09-06, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts
Went to CC yesterday to scout ahead (pun intended) and find Marge . . . none in sight. Should I try back later in the week? (Wasn't a wasted trip though, PMed Best Buy's ad and picked up American Dad and Over There for $28 total).
Old 07-10-06, 01:05 AM

Just picked up Waiting... for $7.99

This is one of my favorite movies of all time (don't listen to the critics). We laughed our heads off the first time we saw this. Especially hits home if you ever worked at a restaurant or frequently dine out. Only bad thing about this movie is that you probably wouldn't want to eat out after you see this. Ryan Reynolds is again typical Ryan Reynolds (think Van Wilder but more grown up and in a restaurant). The supporting cast is great too.. Dane Cook is in here as a chef and Luiz Guzman is hilarious (who in their right mind would come up with the "GAME"). Enough talk go rent it.. or spend a extra $3 and buy it at circuitcity this week. It even comes with a CircuitCity exclusive DVD (bunch of deleted scenes and short commentaries). Check the DVDs though, the extra DVD should be shrinkwrapped to the back.. some versions didn't have it.

Cheapest online is $12 at ddd
Old 07-10-06, 08:24 AM

Your list shows "Stoned" for $8.99. I must be having a moment because I can't find it in the ad anywhere and it shows up at $15.99 online. Can anyone tell me where to find it in the ad or confirm whether it is $8.99?
Old 07-10-06, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by grham09
Your list shows "Stoned" for $8.99. I must be having a moment because I can't find it in the ad anywhere and it shows up at $15.99 online. Can anyone tell me where to find it in the ad or confirm whether it is $8.99?
I remember the little picture in the ad with the price.

I unfortunately do not have the ad with me (keep in mind I write these nearly two weeks in advance).

I would call your local Circuit City and ask the price.

I got mine this week at Wal*Mart for $8.50.

I suspect that when I copied my template from the previous week, I forgot to delete that title. That would explain why it does not appear in this week's ad.

If you still want it, I could get you one from Wal*Mart if need be.
Old 07-10-06, 01:00 PM

Thanks for the update and the offer. No worries, I'm sure I can find it elsewhere. It's still $10 at Bestbuy. I just happened to be heading to CC tomorrow and thought I might pick it up.

Oh, and by the way, thanks for posting the ads. I check the thread every week.
Old 07-10-06, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Well, went to CC today to pick up Good Night and Good Luck, they sold out yesterday. They said they get DVD shipments from Tuesday to Saturday, so I'll check back tomorrow...
Old 07-10-06, 02:20 PM

picked up friends season 3 (yes! finally have complete series! and 17.99 was the most expensive i paid on a season, thanks speedy!). no copies of marge head and lots of good night good lucks. the store is remodeling and construction next door so for the next 4 months they'll only have new releases and whatever is in the ads. not a problem for me.
Old 07-11-06, 11:37 AM

I went to Circuit City this morning just after they opened to take advantage of this deal:

Pink Floyd: Pulse >>>> $15.99 ####
Pink Floyd: Pulse DVD >>>> $15.99 ####

####Buy both on same receipt for $28 and get a DVD copy of Pink Floyd: The Wall for free!
They did not have any copies of The Wall.
They did not have any copies of the Pulse CD.
They did not have any copies of the Pulse DVD.

They apparently never had any of them in the first place.
The employee I spoke to said they may get some copies later this week, which of course doesn't mean anything.

I went to Best Buy afterwards to buy Grand Prix and I tried to get them to match the deal because they actually had all three of the items, but they refused because Circuit City didn't have the things in stock.