DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Who had Superman and SM2 on sale this week? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/469526-who-had-superman-sm2-sale-week.html)

lefthanddraw 06-21-06 11:52 PM

Who had Superman and SM2 on sale this week?

I remember reading in some thread that one of the major B&M retailers has Superman (chris reeves version) and Superman 2 each for $6.99 this week.
I can't find it! Anyone remember this???

DarthPrime 06-22-06 12:13 AM

Circuit City has them on sale this week for $6.99.

lefthanddraw 06-22-06 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by DarthPrime
Circuit City has them on sale this week for $6.99.

You're a good man DarthPrime

twinstar 06-22-06 01:38 AM

could be YMMV, but my local walmart has them for $5.58. they were in a separate display with a bunch of other superman-themed dvd's.

kingtopher 06-22-06 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by twinstar
could be YMMV, but my local walmart has them for $5.58. they were in a separate display with a bunch of other superman-themed dvd's.

Mine too. They had a lot of Superman stuff on sale.

BravesMG 06-22-06 08:59 AM

Saw that at my WM here, something like $5.50, but they didn't have their own display. They're also 5.50 or 6.00 at Costco.

gryffinmaster 06-22-06 09:21 AM

The Supes merchandise had its own point of purchase stand at my local Wally World - each were $5.50.

speedy1961 06-22-06 10:57 AM

$6.49 at BJ's that I just left. Buy both and there is a $5 off copupon on outside of packaging that you can use. Get both for $8.00 + tax.

John*D 06-22-06 11:46 AM

Why not wait for the UBER set this fall a la the Batman franchise? It's the whole reason I sold my copy of the previous collection release.

Then again, I enjoy all four films.

James Anderson 06-22-06 01:24 PM

are these older releases anamorphic?

davron 06-22-06 03:14 PM

The Adventures of Superman seasons 1 & 2 @ Circuit City are 16.99 each. I just came from there actually from Best Buy where they matched there priced plus I had (2) $10 off coupons so they both were $7 each plus tax and another my (5th) Free movie pass.
It seems that Best Buy is doing away with there Reward Zone membership fee and that was one of the coupons they gave me back my membership dues. The Rewards Zone point system will still be in place so long as you make (1) annual purchase.

MickeyMousePal 06-23-06 02:04 AM

I'll just wait for the Ultimate Superman Collection with all four superman movies plus the new one.

Also seperate 2 Disc DVD's for all four Superman movies plus the new one.

Just like what they did to all the four Batman movies last year.

obidawsn 06-23-06 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal
I'll just wait for the Ultimate Superman Collection with all four superman movies plus the new one.

Also seperate 2 Disc DVD's for all four Superman movies plus the new one.

Just like what they did to all the four Batman movies last year.

And isn't the Superman 2 DVD supposed to have the 'Richard Donner' version with it? (I put 'Richard Donner' in quotes, because it's based on his original plans, but he didn't actually put it together).

speedy1961 06-23-06 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by obidawsn
And isn't the Superman 2 DVD supposed to have the 'Richard Donner' version with it? (I put 'Richard Donner' in quotes, because it's based on his original plans, but he didn't actually put it together).

There's a thread about this somewhere here.

Last I knew, Donner footage was being reincorporated into film under Donner's supervision.