(DEAD) DeepDiscountDVD.com 20% Off Sale Discussion - Part 3

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) DeepDiscountDVD.com 20% Off Sale Discussion - Part 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-06, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One and only order I made late on the night of Monday, June 12 arrived Tuesday, June 20. I think it shipped out on Thursday. Not bad.

Box was pretty damn big, for just four seasons of Highlander and two single-disc cases (Running Scared and High School Musical, for the record.) Sure, there was a big wad of paper sitting on top, but the packaging could have been a HELL of a lot better. There was nothing to prevent the contents from moving all around inside. Could've used a smaller box, better packing materials, more filler... hell, I've seen better packing by random eBay sellers.

If you pay for shipping, is it packed better? Or only sent out faster? If it's packed better... that's not right. I can understand "free" shipping taking a bit longer, but all orders should go out adequately protected. If paying for shipping gets you better packing, so your purchase arrives in better condition, maybe DDD should disclose that.

But... all is acceptable, if not perfect. S1 and S2 of Highlander look A-OK. The boxes for S3 and S4, however, have a few dings, but nothing I can't live with. More importantly, all of the discs across all four sets are scuff and scratch free... except for the last disc in S4, which has a small patch of hairline scratches. It played, and I doubt it will be a problem. If it proves to be, I'll deal with it then. Not enough to go through the ordeal of return and exchange by mail.

Only my Season 2 set has a medallion on it.

Last edited by Altimus Prime; 06-21-06 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-21-06, 01:14 AM

I ordered the first Thursday of the sale and still haven't gotten my order. I'm about ready to call them.
Old 06-21-06, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by theflyingdutch
I ordered the first Thursday of the sale and still haven't gotten my order. I'm about ready to call them.
Your in Hawaii? You'd better make yourself comfortable. Unless your shipping got upgraded, I'd imagine that Media Mail is gonna take a while to get to you.
Old 06-21-06, 01:46 AM

Well I've done this sale since the beginning but today I experienced a first. I recieved my one back ordered title, Venture Bros. Season One, today which is fine, except for the fact that I've yet to recieve the intial shipment. Damn you UPS, I live in MD, not Riverside California.
Old 06-21-06, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by hiccup
It's like they've never looked in the mirror before.
Maybe it's for a reason?

Eek.
Old 06-21-06, 01:59 AM

Well, she wasn't horrible looking or that old, but you never know.....could've been the creature from the black lagoon under there. i hear they don't like movies, and good ones at that.
Old 06-21-06, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
Only my Season 2 set has a medallion on it.
That's the only one to come with a medallion. Inside the set is an offer (I'm sure it's expired) to buy a display frame and the rest of the medallions.
Old 06-21-06, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm in Hawaii too and got both of my orders within a week of when I ordered them
Old 06-21-06, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by j. haywood
For anyone who has it or knows...what is the weight of this storage unit? Is it delivered UPS or USPS? Also, the information about storage capacity on the DDD site is different from that on Amazon -- Amazon says 298 DVDS only. Info from DDD is below.

Would appreciate answers to any of these questions. Thanks in advance.

"MISSION MULTI MEDIA WALNUT

FREE SHIPPING!

Why Pay $ 299.95?
Our Price:
$ 239.96
You Save: $ 59.99 Description

Solid Oak Multi-Media Storage Rack. Holds 612 CDs or 300 Video Cassettes or 484 DVDs In Any Combination.
Beautifully Styled Cabinet Compliments Any Room Or Decor.

Hand Crafted Furniture Quality.

Fully Assembled!
Not that it will help you anymore, but I recieved this yesterday. It is very nice and is indeed fully assembled (besides the adjustable shelves)

The only thing is that it looks very small. This would be the perfect media storage if it was about 2 times the size. As it stands, it's probably a little pricey for the size. It does look much nicer than those Oskar shelves though(which I also got one of.)

It is not very heavy, so you can carry it around easily. I haven't loaded it with dvd's yet, but I would guess it is closer to the 300 side, but it doesnt even look like it would hold that many.
Old 06-21-06, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by fmian
I'm not gonna read through all these pages but did anyone else have problems ordering from DDD? I Put an order through the day before the promotion ended. It took my CC details and all, but then nothing. I have no order, no account with them, and no money has been taken from my CC?? As if they didn't want to give me the 20% off and deleted the whole order?? This happen to anyone else?
Did you get the big page telling you thank you for your order. It has an audio clip and an offer to get like $20 on the page. If you didn't, you probably just got to the order summary page and didn't click submit order.
If you aren't sure and it hasn't been five days since you tried to order it may still be in your cart.
Old 06-21-06, 07:54 AM

Got my first order yesterday ( WWE Backlash 06 ). Arrived perfectly....no probs. Now I''m just waiting for my Scrubs Season 3.
Old 06-21-06, 08:00 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

received my 3rd shipment yesterday.

Kingdom of Heaven (4disc DC)
Neil Young - 'Heart of Gold'
Firefly
Old 06-21-06, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well... I received my second order today (Tuesday's) but still haven't received my biggish first order (Friday's). I'm extremely happy to get Cemetery Man so soon, but still, where's my Scrubs and Newsradio?
Old 06-21-06, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd wait a little longer. It's better to have a little more patience with this sale than not. Once all the dust cleared after the past sales, I've never had a problem. They're not going to tell you anything right now except wait and call us in X number of days anyway. With DDD you get great deals but somehow they've magically found a shipping method slower and more inconsistent than anything USPS conceived on their own.
Old 06-21-06, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I ordered then too, and just got my first order yesterday. My second order, which was shipped 2 days later, came the day before. Good old media mail.
Old 06-21-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts
Received my first order today with everything except the backordered Dazed & Confused CC. Everything is in fine shape. After the expected $25 in tax and the Canada post $5 fee, it's still a great deal.

My other 2 orders are shipped, Hopefully some of them will slip through without the $5 and tax charges.

Looking forward to finally watching Band of Brothers and also the Dick Cavett shows.

And, as the above indicates, it was shipped USPS, not UPS, which is good news!

I'd also add that I received this order in 10 days, which is substantially better than my past 20% sale orders.

Thanks DDD!

Last edited by andicus; 06-21-06 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-21-06, 10:00 AM
Registered

Closing thread please start part 4