DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Animeigo - Huge Dvd Sale (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/467577-animeigo-huge-dvd-sale.html)

Cloudy-Sky 06-03-06 07:43 AM

Animeigo - Huge Dvd Sale

Click Here for the Animeigo Sale

Recommendations:

Kimagure Orange Road (going OOP)
Riding Bean
Metal Skin Madox 01
Crusher Joe
Arcadia of My Youth
Battle Royal High School
The Dagger of Kamui

http://www.animeigo.com/icons/16years.jpg

LiK 06-03-06 07:47 AM

OMG, thanks for the heads up, i've been waiting for Orange Road to go on sale ^^

i wonder if they plan on reissuing a box set since they're selling them individually?

Cloudy-Sky 06-03-06 07:52 AM

They sold out of the Kimagure Boxes a few years ago.

For many people, this will be the last chance to pick up Kimagure Orange Road as Animeigo have confirmed it will be going OOP soon.

LiK 06-03-06 07:54 AM

great, thanks for the info, the price is good enough that even if they reissue, it won't hurt too badly, ^^

billz 06-03-06 06:11 PM

I finished off my Lone Wolf and Cub set. Thanks for the info.

fargus 06-03-06 09:50 PM

Thanks, I was just about to pull the trigger on the KOR TV bundle at Rightstuf for 124... this just saved me over fifty bucks!

Cloudy-Sky 06-04-06 08:26 AM

No problem guys!

Animeigo's KOR deal is one of the best bargains i've ever seen on the web.

LazyGuy 06-04-06 11:58 AM

Kimagure Orange Road looks pretty old, but I read good review for it. Total will be about 90$ for all of the dvds. Would you guys think it will be a good investment?

LazyGuy 06-04-06 12:18 PM

I'm sorry for the double post. I didnt see and dont know where the edit button is. I was wondering, isnt there a box for the 12 dvds? Thats a lot of dvds but no box to hold them.

Cloudy-Sky 06-04-06 01:00 PM

There used to be a box for Kimagure but that was quite a few years ago.

If you buy the singles (which have never been cheaper), you might be able snag a box off Ebay at a later date.

All the reviews for Kimagure are excellent, the animation is very good and doesn't really look that old once you sit down and watch it. Overall i'd say it's a must buy especially since it's going out of print and won't be available soon. Anymore questions and i'll do my best to awnser.

joekun 06-04-06 02:05 PM

I bought the box when it first came out for $250. Almost makes me wish I'd waited 4 years :) I might pick up the OVAs and the movie though.

LazyGuy 06-04-06 02:23 PM

Thanks for the replys. Right now, I dont really see any box on ebay. I guess I have to keep checking it every week. I just needed a little push to buy to these dvd. Especially seeing that someone mention he/she bought them for 250$.

darmok 06-04-06 02:49 PM

why is KOR going OOP? are they reissuing it down the road?

Cloudy-Sky 06-04-06 03:26 PM

I'm pretty sure their license is expiring hence why there is such a low price.

I'll email them and try to confirm.

joekun 06-05-06 01:57 PM

I just needed a little push to buy to these dvd. Especially seeing that someone mention he/she bought them for 250$.
Yeah, I preordered this and the Macross set before they were released. I guess they charged more at first in order to cover the cost of making the sets, but it's cool. I really liked Orange Road when I was in high school and it's nice to have it on DVD. My wife thinks it's cheesy though.

Cloudy-Sky 06-06-06 08:36 AM

Forgot to mention:

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS (including Canada)

fargus 06-07-06 02:30 PM

KOR discs 1-12 arrived today via free Priority Mail. Damn fast, only ordered on Saturday night! +1 for Animeigo!

fujishig 06-07-06 04:15 PM

Did you get some kind of shipping confirmation or anything?

BuddhaWake 06-07-06 05:45 PM

when is the sale over?

eau 06-08-06 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by BuddhaWake
when is the sale over?

"Summer of Savings"...probably the whole summer or while supply lasts...????

LazyGuy 06-12-06 02:01 PM

I received my package today. I was getting a little worried because they didnt have any delivery confirmation. I'm not please in how they ship my dvds. There were no bubble wrap. 4 of my 17 dvds were loose inside of the dvd case because the center tab that holds them down broke and receive minor scratches on the discs. Should I complain this to them?

fargus 06-13-06 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
Did you get some kind of shipping confirmation or anything?

No. They actually showed up before I even expected them to ship. Packing was OK, nothing loose.

spinning plates 06-13-06 08:12 PM

i ordered one dvd and it came today in a bubble mailer. nothing broken/no floater :)

PixyJunket 06-14-06 09:26 AM

Oh snap, I can't stand most anime now but I wouldn't mind having Riding Bean on DVD. Thanks for the tip!

madara 06-14-06 09:41 AM

Huge recommendation for Miyu. It was second anime I ever seen and really got me hooked into genre back then. I only wish most anime today were that intelligent and unformulac.