Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '06

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '06

Old 06-15-06, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ShinMusashi44
Any idea how long that deal on Godannar vol. 1 with box will last?

I've ordered from DVDPacific before, and everything was fine. But i put in a order for Divergence Eve - Complete Collection as soon as the deal was posted. My oder status still says New Order. Not sure whats going one with the order.
As long as Shawne(the top guy at RS) doesn't run out of stock, the deal will last until next Thursday morning when he comes out with a new weekly selection. He usually updates the selection around 10AM EST on Thursday, but you should put your order in on Wednesday night to be safe.
Old 06-15-06, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh cool, didn't know it was a week long deal. I'll order me one on monday.

Justbarelymovin- When i click on Kimba The White Lion: Complete Collection (Ultra Edition) link, it takes me to HOOP DAYS COMPLETE COLLECTION.
Old 06-15-06, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh cool, didn't know it was a week long deal. I'll order me one on monday.

Justbarelymovin- When i click on Kimba The White Lion: Complete Collection (Ultra Edition) link, it takes me to HOOP DAYS COMPLETE COLLECTION.
Fixed.
Old 06-15-06, 10:32 PM
Cool New Member

Can someone help me out with the FMA tin? I was just wondering, are these supposed to house the DVDs or something? And which ones did they make tins for? Ive seen them for 1,6, and the soon to be released 10
Old 06-16-06, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Kuma79
Can someone help me out with the FMA tin? I was just wondering, are these supposed to house the DVDs or something? And which ones did they make tins for? Ive seen them for 1,6, and the soon to be released 10
There's 3 tins and yes they'll hold all the DVDs. The first two come with soundtracks but I'm not sure what the pack-in for the third one is going to be.
Old 06-16-06, 04:10 AM

Please note that the Kimba, The White Lion collection is English dub only, no original Japanese track...

I'd be all over it if this weren't the case.
Old 06-16-06, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sailor_moon
There's 3 tins and yes they'll hold all the DVDs. The first two come with soundtracks but I'm not sure what the pack-in for the third one is going to be.
I was figuring it would be the 3rd OST. Or at least I was hoping it would be.
Old 06-16-06, 06:50 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 309 Likes on 274 Posts
Originally Posted by WildcatLH
I was figuring it would be the 3rd OST. Or at least I was hoping it would be.
The limited edition will include Fullmetal Alchemist Original Soundtrack III.
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/69404/4/0/0
Old 06-16-06, 12:55 PM

Can anyone give me some suggestions on a couple of Rightstuf"s Weekly Specials?

I'm thinking about Gilgamesh v.1 with box. Is it any good?
What about Ghost Talkers Daydream?
Anyone seen Fantastic Children, or Godannar?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Best,

-B
Old 06-16-06, 12:57 PM

Well the deal on Divergence Eve: Complete Collection is over. I went to check my order status agian (which for some reason still hasn't even went into "in process" yet and i put the orderin on monday 6/12) and now it says its for $25. Thats such bullshit, i sent them a nasty email telling them to either change it back to $13 or cancel my order. I think what they were trying to do, is they realized they were taking to much of a loss on it and tried to wait out the sale and jack the price back up.
Old 06-16-06, 02:09 PM

Same thing happened to me. This is not cool. If this doesn't get cancelled or changed back I will be very upset. I also sent them an email about this.
Old 06-16-06, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Abbadon74

Best,

-B
Personally, I never buy Vol. 1 + boxes anymore because a complete collection is bound to come out in the future. I cannot personally recommend any of those titles as I have not seen any of them -- A few don't even sound familiar to be honest. A few good places to look if you are unsure about series or particular DVDs are here (naturally) and AnimeOnDVD. I think the reviews are always more than helpful when making decisions on purchasing DVDs.

Well the deal on Divergence Eve: Complete Collection is over. I went to check my order status agian (which for some reason still hasn't even went into "in process" yet and i put the orderin on monday 6/12) and now it says its for $25. Thats such bullshit, i sent them a nasty email telling them to either change it back to $13 or cancel my order. I think what they were trying to do, is they realized they were taking to much of a loss on it and tried to wait out the sale and jack the price back up.
This is exactly why I'm always hesitant to post any deals from DVD Pacific in this thread. That's why even when they have a cheaper price, you will not find them listed in the cheapest thinpacks and box sets section. I'm very sorry to hear that you're having a bad experience. Others have told me otherwise which is why I went ahead and posted the deal. I hope your order gets fixed.

From here on out, I will not be posting deals from DVD Pacific in here, no matter how good they seem (I guess that's an automatic indication that something funny is going on). When I went for a good deal there a few years ago, security was breached and I had to terminate my account by calling them. It was a pain and made me really paranoid.
Old 06-16-06, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

New ADV sale for those who are interested.
Old 06-16-06, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ndolger
Same thing happened to me. This is not cool. If this doesn't get cancelled or changed back I will be very upset. I also sent them an email about this.
And this was supposed to be their customer appreciation sale. What a crock of shit. I'm sorry that I posted the deal.
Old 06-16-06, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
And this was supposed to be their customer appreciation sale. What a crock of shit. I'm sorry that I posted the deal.
Nooo--Don't be sorry. It's not like you could've possibly known. I wouldn't have even guessed that something like that would happen. That really is just flat-out shitty, though. I'm sure no one blames you.
Old 06-16-06, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,103 Likes on 860 Posts
Originally Posted by Abbadon74

Best,

-B
I've only seen part of Gilgamesh... it's a post apocalyptic story with goth-like teenagers, but it comes highly recommended by a few posters on AOD. Based on a pretty old manga by Ishinomori (the same guy that created Kikaider and cyborg 009).

For 10 bucks, I jumped on the Godanner volume 1 with box, despite trying to hold off for a thinpak release. I figure the extras are worth it. It's an over-the-top Giant Robot show featuring a married couple. It's a lot like Gravion, though I think it's much better. Not for everyone, though. I'm just a huge fan of Super Robots (Mazinger/Tranzor Z, Getta Robo, etc.) You can only get up to volume 5 at the DDD sale, though, since that's all that's out so far.

Also, for those that bought volume 1 plus box of older shows, only to see a thinpak version come out... Rightstuf also has a ton of ADV disks for only 7.99 in their bargain bin (separate from their weekly specials). It probably doesn't quite beat out the price of the thinpak set if you're just starting a series, but if you're just trying to fill out a half empty box, or if you want the extras, it's a great deal. Picked up the two remaining volumes of Peacemaker I needed.
Old 06-16-06, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
Also, for those that bought volume 1 plus box of older shows, only to see a thinpak version come out... Rightstuf also has a ton of ADV disks for only 7.99 in their bargain bin (separate from their weekly specials). It probably doesn't quite beat out the price of the thinpak set if you're just starting a series, but if you're just trying to fill out a half empty box, or if you want the extras, it's a great deal. Picked up the two remaining volumes of Peacemaker I needed.
I did this with Aquarian Age since I already had Vol. 1 + art box, but unfortunately, while Vol. 3 was not a floater, the disc was somehow scratched to hell... and not in just one area. I had to send it back. Normally I just try to deal, but I'm so anal about my collection, and if I for some reason strongly disliked the series, it would be really hard to sell it with that disc. Plus I didn't want to have to watch the final volume to make sure it was playable (it sure didn't look like it). I've gotten a lot more lenient over the years, but not that much.

All of my other stuff came in excellent condition, though. The only other bummer was that for some reason, all of my Gungrave covers had the security sticker attached to them -- on every top. So part of the foil covers has been removed from the top of every one of my Gungrave covers. I hate stuff like that, but for $50 for the whole series I can't complain too much.
Old 06-16-06, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin

All of my other stuff came in excellent condition, though. The only other bummer was that for some reason, all of my Gungrave covers had the security sticker attached to them -- on every top. So part of the foil covers has been removed from the top of every one of my Gungrave covers. I hate stuff like that, but for $50 for the whole series I can't complain too much.
I've got a trick that you can try next time you encounter this problem. Take an exacto knife and cut the security sticker across the top of the case. Then pull the plastic from the case outward and peel the sticker downward from the top of the case. You shouldn't lose any part of the cover if you employ this method.

A few last minute box set suggestions at DDD(prices reflect the discount)-

Chobits Thinpak Collection $53.23
Fruits Basket $47.99[backorder]
Heat Guy J 1-3 $19.20[Rightstuf sometimes sells a bundle of 4-7 for $40]
Last Exile Thinpak $52.23
Pretear $19.19[backorder]
SuperGALS! $23.99[backorder].

I would advise against R.O.D. the TV. It's a great show, but I would hold out for the eventual thinpak version.
Old 06-16-06, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin

From here on out, I will not be posting deals from DVD Pacific in here, no matter how good they seem (I guess that's an automatic indication that something funny is going on). When I went for a good deal there a few years ago, security was breached and I had to terminate my account by calling them. It was a pain and made me really paranoid.
That's a good idea. We should compile a list of places that you shouldn't buy from. I would put DVD Pacific and DVD Soon at the top of the list.
Old 06-16-06, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've got a trick that you can try next time you encounter this problem. Take an exacto knife and cut the security sticker across the top of the case. Then pull the plastic from the case outward and peel the sticker downward from the top of the case. You shouldn't lose any part of the cover if you employ this method.
Thanks for the tip! I've tried a few different methods, but only with minimal success. I'll keep that in mind for the future, though. I'll try to add those items when I get back from walking my dog, too.
Old 06-16-06, 07:02 PM

Oh, no way man. That was a great deal. Here's the response I got, hopefully it'll get resolved:

"Hello,

It is a simple problem that we are already in the process of correcting, all titles in stock and filled will still be shipped at the sale price.

Regards,

Jessica"

And what is up with ADV lately with their sales?! These aren't sales! They keep raising the price! I always looked forward to these things, and they've been pretty lackluster lately. =( If anyone's interested in picking up single volumes from ADV check out Rightstuf's Bargain Bin; they just added a bunch of new single volumes (Peacemaker, Pretear, etc.) about a week ago. Hopefully, they'll add Chrono Crusade soon because I sure can't count on ADV to drop their prices; as they keep rising. XD

Oh, and just wanted to say thanks to justbarelymovin and everyone who contributes to this thread. I've been keeping up with this for many months and just wanted to say keep up the good work.
Old 06-16-06, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 321 Likes on 249 Posts
My DVDPacific info looks good. It just says "Fully Processed" or some such thing for the proper amount. Funny thing is it lists it as "3" items.
Old 06-16-06, 09:01 PM

Yeah i got an email back from them, that my item was fixed to the right price. I'll give them a second chance and order from them again. But this was my first time i've had a problem from them.
Old 06-16-06, 09:17 PM
Cool New Member

not sure if this was reported by someone already but Ive been going through the bargain dvd bins at rightstuf and found some neat things to complement the 20% off of DDD's sale and for people who dislike thinpacks....Im assuming everyone here knows rightstuf so I won't get into links as that will take a while to do

Some that stood out to me were

Angelic Layer DVD 1 + Artbox - $9.99
Angelic Layer DVD 2 - $5.99
Angelic Layer DVD 3 - $5.99
Angelic Layer DVD 4 - $5.99
Angelic Layer DVD 5 - $5.99

Azumanga Daioh DVD 1 - 5 - $6.99

Evangelion DVD 1-4 + 7 - $7.99

Excel Saga 1-6 - $8.99

Full Metal Panic DVD 1,3,4,5 - $7.99

Kaleido Star DVD 1 Artbox - $9.99
Kaledio Star DVD 2-5 - $6.99

Kino's Journey DVD 1 + Artbox - $9.99
Kino's Journey DVD 1 - 4 - $6.99

Noir DVD 1-3, 5-7 - $7.99

Peacemaker DVD 1-7 - $7.99

Pretear DVD 1 + Artbox - $9.99
Pretear DVD 1 - 4 - $5.99

Saint Seiya DVD 1 + artbox - $9,99
Saint Seiya DVD 5 + artbox - $9.99
Saint Seiya DVD 2 - 12 -$4.99
Old 06-16-06, 10:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really want to get Azumanga Daioh at that price, but I really want the volume 1 with the artbox and I don't think rightstuf carries it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.