Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '06

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '06

Old 06-09-06, 05:43 PM
  #76  
Senior Member
 
nezumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 313
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This will (hopefully) be my only order for the duration of the sale. I'm just catching up on a couple of series. The CPM sets are too good to pass up, and I've already held off on picking them up for a couple of DDD sales now.
Quantity Item # Description Price Status
-------- ------------ ----------------------------------- ---------- ---------
1 ABD002005 DVD : NEON GENESIS EVANGELION (2D $ 19.96 In-stock
1 ABD025204 DVD : GHOST IN THE SHELL V.05-STA $ 8.15 In-stock
1 ABD025205 DVD : GHOST IN THE SHELL V.06-STA $ 8.15 In-stock
1 ABD025206 DVD : GHOST IN THE SHELL V.07-STA $ 8.15 In-stock
1 ADV013502 DVD : GATCHAMAN COLLECTION 5 $ 18.60 In-stock
1 ADV014432 DVD : THE FUCCONS V.01-OH MIKEY! $ 10.63 In-stock
1 ADV014442 DVD : FUCCONS V.02-IT'S A FUCCON $ 10.63 In-stock
1 CPM002272 DVD : PATLABOR-MOBILE POLICE V.1- $ 17.26 In-stock
1 CPM002344 DVD : PATLABOR-MOBILE POLICE SET- $ 12.94 In-stock
1 CPM002402 DVD : WORLD OF NARUE COLLECTION, $ 17.26 In-stock
1 CPM002413 DVD : PATLABOR-MOBILE POLICE V.5- $ 17.26 In-stock
1 CPM052414 DVD : PATLABOR-MOBILE POLICE V.9- $ 12.94 In-stock
1 CPM052488 DVD : PATLABOR-MOBILE POLICE NEW $ 12.94 In-stock
1 FUN007728 DVD : BURST ANGEL-HIRED GUN $ 14.51 In-stock
1 FUN007732 DVD : BURST ANGEL V.05-LINE IN TH $ 14.51 In-stock
1 FUN007734 DVD : BURST ANGEL V.06-GUARDIAN A $ 14.51 In-stock
1 PIO012295 DVD : SAMURAI CHAMPLOO V.02 $ 15.96 In-stock
1 PIO012378 DVD : PARANOIA AGENT V.02-TRUE BE $ 15.96 In-stock
1 PIO012379 DVD : PARANOIA AGENT V.03-SERIAL $ 15.96 In-stock
1 PIO012380 DVD : PARANOIA AGENT V.04-SAYONAR $ 15.96 In-stock
1 PIO012481 DVD : DAPHNE IN THE BRILLIANT BLU $ 15.96 In-stock

Merchandise Total: $ 298.20
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Processing: $ .00

Total for this Order: $ 298.20
... and I just received notice that my order has shipped. Now to play the waiting game. Between this and the AnimEigo sale, I think my anime viewing needs are set for the summer.
Old 06-09-06, 07:29 PM
  #77  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nezumi-is that volume of Daphne in the Brilliant Blue a volume to complete your set or is it Volume 1? The reason that I ask is because Geneon is releasing a complete box set on August 1. I have this set stenciled in for the November-December DDD sale.
Old 06-09-06, 11:49 PM
  #78  
Senior Member
 
nezumi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 313
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
nezumi-is that volume of Daphne in the Brilliant Blue a volume to complete your set or is it Volume 1? The reason that I ask is because Geneon is releasing a complete box set on August 1. I have this set stenciled in for the November-December DDD sale.
I ordered Volume 2. I've already got Volume 1 plus the box, and it'll probably be cheaper at this point to pick up the remaining volumes rather than picking up the collected box set.
Old 06-10-06, 04:06 AM
  #79  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 32
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I picked up GitS SAC limiteds vols 1,2,and 4 for nowand Saiyuki Double barrel vol 3. Now I just cant decide what to get next.

And ok im taking it on advisement that i should get Full Metal Panic, im a total noob when it comes to that show so is the complete set the best way to go in this case?

Oh an no Azumanga Daioh box or Outlaw Star? for shame DDD

Last edited by Kuma79; 06-10-06 at 04:11 AM.
Old 06-10-06, 06:51 AM
  #80  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 132
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kuma79
Oh an no Azumanga Daioh box or Outlaw Star? for shame DDD
As a note, it looks like DVDPacific has Azumanga for $35 and Outlaw Star for $27... their customer appreciation sale seems to be somewhat close to what prices at DDD would have been for the same items.
Old 06-10-06, 10:21 AM
  #81  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kuma79

And ok im taking it on advisement that i should get Full Metal Panic, im a total noob when it comes to that show so is the complete set the best way to go in this case?
DEFINITELY get FMP-it's a great show! The only problem is that you're also going to want FMP-Fumoffu. The thinpak is by far the best way to go.
Old 06-10-06, 10:28 AM
  #82  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
justbarelymovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,546
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
DEFINITELY get FMP-it's a great show! The only problem is that you're also going to want FMP-Fumoffu. The thinpak is by far the best way to go.
I agree--thinpack is the best way to go, and it usually is for most of ADV's series. Cheaper, takes up less space, comes with a nice box to hold it all. It's a great way to experiment with shows you're not sure you'll like, too, but I'm pretty sure you'll like FMP. I really haven't met anyone who hasn't! And Fumoffu will hopefully get a thinpack in the not-too-distant future. Plus there's a second season of FMP already in Japan but working its way to the US! Lots to look forward to after this initial thinpack.
Old 06-10-06, 10:35 AM
  #83  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
I really haven't met anyone who hasn't! And Fumoffu will hopefully get a thinpack in the not-too-distant future.
I wouldn't want to know anyone that doesn't like FMP. I broke down on waiting for a thinpak of Fumoffu. I got Volume 1 with the artbox at Best Buy for $10 and picked up the remaining 3 volumes at DDD for $45. $55 total and the eventual thinpak will probably be around $25, but I need it now!
Old 06-10-06, 10:39 AM
  #84  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
justbarelymovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,546
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I wouldn't want to know anyone that doesn't like FMP. I broke down on waiting for a thinpak of Fumoffu. I got Volume 1 with the artbox at Best Buy for $10 and picked up the remaining 3 volumes at DDD for $45. $55 total and the eventual thinpak will probably be around $25, but I need it now!
I don't blame you. I'm so tempted to pick up some of BB's cheap Vol. 1 + art box sets, but if a thinpack is on the way, I seriously need to wait because I have so much stuff I still need to watch as it is... I know, for shame!! I still haven't gotten to watch Vol. 4 (I've been watching the series through my brother because he now owns all 4 volumes). It really is a fun series.
Old 06-10-06, 12:22 PM
  #85  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 675
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
justbarelymovin, I've been reading this thread throughout, but perhaps it may be helpful for others if you put up links to items that are on the cheap during the DDD sale like you did last time. Some that I know are relatively cheap are Blue Gender, Silent Mobius, Infinite Ryvius.

Which by the way, how are Silent Mobius and Infinite Ryvius.
Old 06-10-06, 12:43 PM
  #86  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
justbarelymovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,546
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hiccup
justbarelymovin, I've been reading this thread throughout, but perhaps it may be helpful for others if you put up links to items that are on the cheap during the DDD sale like you did last time. Some that I know are relatively cheap are Blue Gender, Silent Mobius, Infinite Ryvius.

Which by the way, how are Silent Mobius and Infinite Ryvius.
Well, pretty much any of the thinpacks are cheaper during this sale most likely (pretty much every thinpack is listed in the second post of this thread) as well as complete collections. A good search in DDD is "complete collection" -- It gets pretty time consuming to go through and pick out all the good deals. Honestly, most things are cheaper during the 20% off sale than during any other time of the year. I'll try to find some of the best deals later, but right now I've got a Spanish composition to write.
Old 06-10-06, 03:02 PM
  #87  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
These anime dealers are showing no mercy right now. I've already dropped over $600 in the last couple of months from various deals and now comes word of another sale on the horizon. Jack Sutton of buyritedvd.com has posted on the AOD board that they are about to update their site with new titles. He didn't give out any prices, but he did mention a few weeks ago that they are going to have complete collections priced in the $15-$20 range in the near future. I got my eye on the Witch Hunter Robin set(I already have 3 of the 6 volumes, but I'll definitely buy the complete collection for $15-$20). Anyway, here's the link to his post-

http://forums.animeondvd.com/showfla...b=5&o=&fpart=1
Old 06-10-06, 03:50 PM
  #88  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 132
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those who are interested, here's a bunch of the collections that are under $30 before coupon at DDD:

Animation Runner Kuromi - $6
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=CPM002334

Aquarian Age - $24
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=ADV013782

Avenger - $21
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=BAN026250

Banner of the Stars - $24
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=BAN080214

Banner of the Stars II - $24
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=BAN080233

Crest of the Stars - $24
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=BAN080018

DNA2 - $27
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=CPM002319

Eden's Bowy - $24
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=ADV013202

Galaxy Angel A - $21
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=BAN023108

Gravion - $26
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=ADV001404

Gundam 0080 - $18
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=BAN021031

Happy Lesson - $24
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=ADV014312

Jing-King of Bandits - $24
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=ADV014282

Kino's Journey - $24
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=ADV013192

Legend of Himiko - $16
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=CPM002179

Mezzo - $24
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=ADV014372

Najica Blitz Tactics - $24
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=ADV013712

Nuku Nuku DASH! - $27
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ADV014272

Nuku Nuku TV - $27
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ADV013872

Orphen 2 - $24
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=ADV013752

Pretear - $24
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=ADV013722

Real Bout High School - $24
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=VMG001442

Rune Soldier - $24
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=ADV001279

Shamanic Princess - $11
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=CPM002293

Silent Mobius - $18
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=BAN021034

Stratos 4 - $24
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=BAN025411

Virus Buster Serge - $19
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=ABD002015

Wedding Peach S1 - $26
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=ADV001448

Wedding Peach S2 - $26
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=ADV014492

Wild Arms - $24
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=ADV013172

World of Narue - $22
https://secure.deepdiscountdvd.com/d...emid=CPM002402
Old 06-10-06, 05:17 PM
  #89  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 675
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
Well, pretty much any of the thinpacks are cheaper during this sale most likely (pretty much every thinpack is listed in the second post of this thread) as well as complete collections. A good search in DDD is "complete collection" -- It gets pretty time consuming to go through and pick out all the good deals. Honestly, most things are cheaper during the 20% off sale than during any other time of the year. I'll try to find some of the best deals later, but right now I've got a Spanish composition to write.
Ahh, I didn't go all the way down to the second post.

Also, I guess I may need some suggestions since I got a ton of anime during BB's anime coupon since DDD did not have ADV as part of their sale last time.

Would anyone know by any chance how good are King of Bandits Jing as well as the other couple that I mentioned?

Also, all of the Yu Yu Hakusho sets after coupons are an absolutely awesome price. I kept up with this collection and bought everyone, and it is probably one of my absolute favorite series.

Yu Yu Hakusho - Spirit Detective Set $60 B/C
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=GOL001653

Yu Yu Hakusho - Dark Tournament part 1 - $60 B/C
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=GOL016244

Yu Yu Hakusho - Dark Tournament part 2 - $60 B/C
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=GOL016245

Yu Yu Hakusho - Chapter Black Saga - $60.49
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=FUN006660

Yu Yu Hakusho - Saga of the Three Kings - $60
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=FUN006670
Old 06-10-06, 08:29 PM
  #90  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
GreenMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,576
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll just chime in for the often-overlooked "Kino's Journey". One of our favorite anime shows ever. For ~$20 for the set it's a crime not to own it. It was well worth the $80 or so we paid for ours during release.
Old 06-11-06, 02:20 AM
  #91  
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here's my recent order:

GHOST IN THE SHELL-2ND SEASON V.05 $ 9.59
GILGAMESH V.04-UNDER A BLOOD RED S $ 14.39
GILGAMESH V.05-AS TRUTH BREAKS LIK $ 15.95
GILGAMESH V.06-IN THE SOUL ECLIPSE $ 15.95
PEACEMAKER-COMPLETE COLLECTION $ 43.19
RECORD OF LODOSS WAR: CHRONICLES OF THE $ 17.26
RECORD OF LODOSS WAR COLLECTOR'S SERIES $ 25.90
SAMURAI 7 V.03-FROM FARM TO FORTRE $ 14.51
SAMURAI 7 V.04-BATTLE FOR KANNA $ 14.51
SAMURAI 7 V.05-EMPIRE IN FLUX $ 14.51
SAMURAI 7 V.06-BROKEN ALLIANCE $ 14.51
CHASING DESTINY $ 4.79
CHARLIE BROWN IT'S THE EASTER BEAGLE $ 9.40
SNOOPY COME HOME $ 7.48
BOY NAMED CHARLIE BROWN, A $ 7.48
CHARLIE BROWN VALENTINE, A $ 7.48
I WANT A DOG FOR CHRISTMAS CHARLIE $ 7.48
IKKI TOUSEN BOX $ 53.23
LUNAR LEGEND TSUKIHIME BOX SET $ 47.90

and this was after ordering some off of the geneon sale =/

Last edited by akira-r; 06-11-06 at 02:25 AM.
Old 06-11-06, 02:41 AM
  #92  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 32
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
I agree--thinpack is the best way to go, and it usually is for most of ADV's series. Cheaper, takes up less space, comes with a nice box to hold it all. It's a great way to experiment with shows you're not sure you'll like, too, but I'm pretty sure you'll like FMP. I really haven't met anyone who hasn't! And Fumoffu will hopefully get a thinpack in the not-too-distant future. Plus there's a second season of FMP already in Japan but working its way to the US! Lots to look forward to after this initial thinpack.
Its funny because I was at Anime Boston when ADV had their product announcement pannel when they announced FMP season 2. I think I was the only one who wasnt cheering about it. Although the Beck announcement was cool for me.
Old 06-11-06, 09:41 AM
  #93  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Macon, MO
Posts: 880
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm, decided I may hold off on Full Metal Panic for the moment. It doesn't have as big a discount as some ADV's other collections. I will get it later, though....if I use a $7 coupon over at Dvd Planet, I can get it for about the same price as the 20% sale.

Seriously, justbarelymovin.....I'll try to get it within a month or so!

Last edited by The Reaper; 06-11-06 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-11-06, 10:04 AM
  #94  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by akira-r
here's my recent order:


GILGAMESH V.04-UNDER A BLOOD RED S $ 14.39
GILGAMESH V.05-AS TRUTH BREAKS LIK $ 15.95
GILGAMESH V.06-IN THE SOUL ECLIPSE $ 15.95
Don't forget to order Volume 7 on Tuesday.
Old 06-11-06, 10:14 AM
  #95  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kuma79
Its funny because I was at Anime Boston when ADV had their product announcement pannel when they announced FMP season 2. I think I was the only one who wasnt cheering about it. Although the Beck announcement was cool for me.
According to ANN, Funimation is releasing FMP-The Second Raid. The first volume should be released on October 3.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...se.php?id=1737
Old 06-11-06, 12:01 PM
  #96  
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone find the Robotech Protoculture set? Or was it a title that was pulled as well?
Old 06-11-06, 12:03 PM
  #97  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
justbarelymovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,546
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Fine
Can anyone find the Robotech Protoculture set? Or was it a title that was pulled as well?
I don't think it was pulled -- I just don't think it was on their site to begin with. At least, I've never noticed it, and it's not listed as being there at all on DVD Price Search.
Old 06-11-06, 12:29 PM
  #98  
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty sure they use to have it for $77.86 or something like that. Not positive but almost certain. But oh well.
Old 06-11-06, 12:31 PM
  #99  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
justbarelymovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 2,546
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Fine
I'm pretty sure they use to have it for $77.86 or something like that. Not positive but almost certain. But oh well.
Hmm, you're probably right, then. But if you go via DVD Price Search, it looks like only five places are listed as having it now. Strange.
Old 06-11-06, 03:05 PM
  #100  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Formerly known as "brizz"/kck
Posts: 23,427
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey
I'll just chime in for the often-overlooked "Kino's Journey". One of our favorite anime shows ever. For ~$20 for the set it's a crime not to own it. It was well worth the $80 or so we paid for ours during release.
is this something that a 7 year old girl might enjoy. she loves all things miyazaki and studio ghibli and is very bright....she's enthralled by anime in general, but i'm clueless. She broke her arm pretty badly and I want to order some things for her to help take the suck out of messing up the first half of her summer....so i'm looking for the most bang for the buck, and this looks promising.

any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.