DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   BestBuy.com B1G1 FREE TV SHOWS (ends 7/1) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/466959-bestbuy-com-b1g1-free-tv-shows-ends-7-1-a.html)

historyavenger 05-28-06 02:32 AM

BestBuy.com B1G1 FREE TV SHOWS (ends 7/1)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....cat91400050026

House Season 1
Knight Rider Season 1/2/3/4
Las Vegas Season 1/2
Magnum P.I. Season 1/2/3/4
Munster Season 2
Murder She Wrote Season 1/2/3
Seaquest DSV Season 1
A Team Season 1/2/3/4

Heat 05-28-06 02:56 AM

Nice find. The Magnum PI disks are tempting to me...

Here's the list with the prices (buy one - get one free) - just want to document the current prices in case there are price changes:

A-Team: Season One [4 Pack] - $39.99
A-Team: Season Two [3 Pack / Full / Subtitles / Dolby / Slim] - $39.99
A-Team: Season Three [3 Discs / Full] - $39.99
A-Team: Season Four [3 Discs / Full] - $39.99

House: Season One [3 Discs / WS] - $48.99

Knight Rider: Season One [4 Pack] - $22.99
Knight Rider: Season Two [3 Pack / Full / Subtitled / Dolby] - $39.99
Knight Rider: Season Three [3 Discs / Full] - $39.99
Knight Rider: Season Four [3 Discs / Full] - $39.99

Las Vegas: Season One [3 Pack / WS] - $48.99
Las Vegas: Season Two [3 Discs / WS / Uncut] - $48.99

Magnum p.i.: Complete First Season [4 Pack] - $39.99
Magnum Pi: Complete Second Season [3 Pack / Full] - $39.99
Magnum, P.I.: Complete Third Season [3 Discs / Full] - $39.99
Magnum, P.I.: Complete Fourth Season [3 Discs / Full] - $39.99

Munsters: Complete Second Season [3 Discs / Full] - $39.99

Murder She Wrote: The Complete First Season [3 Pack] - $39.99
Murder She Wrote: Complete Second Season [3 Discs] - $39.99
Murder, She Wrote: Complete Third Season [3 Discs] - $39.99

Seaquest DSV: Season One [4 Discs / Full] - $48.99

speedyray 05-28-06 03:56 AM

I wonder if this will work in store as I have some RZ certificates?

tenzor 05-28-06 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by speedyray

Yeah I am also wondering if this deal is also B&M. I just got House Season 1 from target last week for $44.99. I didn't open it yet, so I am hoping this deal will be good at BB B&M so I can get House and Las Vegas S1 for $48.99.

Dabaomb 05-28-06 08:36 AM

I'm gonna wait for a while to see if they have sales like they did with the Sony sets.

I'd like to pick up House & Las Vegas.

John*D 05-28-06 11:37 AM

Thanks OP.

PaulNJ21 05-28-06 12:01 PM

What does BOGO mean?

Paul

docdoowop 05-28-06 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by PaulNJ21
What does BOGO mean?

Paul

"Buy one, get one"

MovieExchange 05-28-06 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by speedyray

I just got back from my local Best Buy and yes, it's an in-store deal as well. They had a large display with all the titles.

BTW, the other side of the display had things like the new editions of Enemy of the State & Con Air, along with several other titles, all with a movie cash ticket for Pirates of the Caribbean 2.

forumsmy 05-28-06 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
I just got back from my local Best Buy and yes, it's an in-store deal as well. They had a large display with all the titles.

BTW, the other side of the display had things like the new editions of Enemy of the State & Con Air, along with several other titles, all with a movie cash ticket for Pirates of the Caribbean 2.

Cool - in-store here I come = certs and GC's !!! Thanks, OP for the post, this is what I was waiting for --- and MovieExchange for the in-store working post.

starman9000 05-29-06 08:08 AM

Yep, I picked up the Rock and Atlantis both with tickets (with my 10% off coupon)

I also noticed Crimson Tide extended edition and Pirates of the Carribean. Treasure Planet and a bunch of old live action disney ones like Treasure Island 20,000 leagues under the sea, etc.

shacmasta 05-29-06 12:03 PM

My first purchase will probably be A-team season 4 and get The Munsters sea. 2 for free.

Thanks for the info.

Laser Movies 05-29-06 05:26 PM

Not much I want other than Magnum PI Season 3 and the Munsters Season 2 to fill some holes in my collection. Since the sale ends in July I will probably hold off for a while.

IDrinkMolson 05-29-06 07:37 PM

Crap, I'd like to get Las Vegas, since I don't get it in HD, but $25 each puts me on the fence. Wish it was $20/each.

lordwow 05-29-06 07:41 PM

Man, House and/or Knight Rider Season 3/4 are tempting. I may wait if/till the DDD 20% sale comes up to compare.

forumsmy 05-29-06 09:22 PM

Went into BB today and picked up Magnum S1 and S3, had S2 and S4 from other sales and such. No display but appeared to ring up correctly.

As it was, the lines were long, short on cashiers, so I ended up being sent over to Customer Service to be checked out. Told the guy I saw these were BOGO online and thought they might be in the store too, but no signs up. The CS guy told me that if it is in the Best Buy online then the instore will PM to it. So something to keep in mind, maybe everyone here but me knew that, but just wanted to post that just in case.

((So I think it rang up correctly, unless he overrode it.))

Also - just remember that if they run out, can they, will they, replenish in time both online and instore. One example is A-Team S1 for DFW, seems to be only available online, no stores have it (went to 4 or 5 and checked in-store pickup availability). Just my 2 pennies there.

MovieExchange 05-29-06 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by forumsmy
The CS guy told me that if it is in the Best Buy online then the instore will PM to it. So something to keep in mind, maybe everyone here but me knew that, but just wanted to post that just in case.

My local BB refuses to price match their web site. I don't remember the excuse, but it was rather lame.

X 05-29-06 09:27 PM

The Adventures of Superman Seasons 1 & 2 for $20 each are very good deals. Not to mention how good they are if you have a 10% off coupon.

whotony 05-29-06 10:13 PM

thanks for the info, but would have been great if the title of the thread had the thing written out

buy 1 get 1 free looks alot better then BOGO

or even B1 G1 FREE

thread title written out then abbreviated in the post = good

BriGuy1971 05-29-06 10:25 PM

My local BB refuses to price match their web site. I don't remember the excuse, but it was rather lame.

This is something I just don't understand. BB is a nationwide chain, and their policies, practices and procedures on things like this should be consistent chain-wide.

I'd love for someone with BB to explain to me why someone can walk into one BB and have a pricematch, while at another they wouldn't.

It's like what happened with the $45 Enterprise fiasco. Some stores honored the ad, others didn't. That left a taste in my mouth beyond bitter - I'll never forget it. (Obviously I wasn't among those who were treated to having the price honored. Had to go to WalMart for that.)

And a P.S. - 99.99999 percent of the population knows what a BOGO means.

Knives 05-30-06 10:31 AM

This sale is great! It's better then DDD %20 off.

I got 10% plus BOGO. 2 complete tv shows for 18 bucks.

I don't think you will find a cheaper deal in a long time for these.

Surfinhank 05-30-06 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Knives
This sale is great! It's better then DDD %20 off.

I got 10% plus BOGO. 2 complete tv shows for 18 bucks.

I don't think you will find a cheaper deal in a long time for these.

What shows did you get for this price? I'm looking at the titles listed above and can't figure out what you got for that price? Are there more titles inn the sale than what's listed?

historyavenger 05-30-06 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Surfinhank
What shows did you get for this price? I'm looking at the titles listed above and can't figure out what you got for that price? Are there more titles inn the sale than what's listed?

perhaps he meant 18 each after all was said and done.

otmetrud 05-30-06 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by BriGuy1971
And a P.S. - 99.99999 percent of the population knows what a BOGO means.

No they don't.

Knives 05-30-06 11:47 AM

$18 each