Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Circuit City Prices: May 28 - June 3, 2006

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Circuit City Prices: May 28 - June 3, 2006

Old 05-21-06, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Excellent ad. Time for me to compile a list of cds I gotta get.
Did you get Stadium Arcadium yet???? And if so, how is it?
Old 05-21-06, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peep
You mean, 1 disc per movie, right?

Are these the unrated/irector's cuts or the theatrical releases?

No, if you go to Amazon, it says the whole Trilogy is 1-disc. I'm not saying it's the right info, but Amazon usually breaks it down by disc, and for this they're breaking it down by "Feature" so I guess it's all three Features on one disc.
Old 05-21-06, 11:57 PM

Dang, I paid $50 for Path of Neo and haven't gotten around to playing it (when I bought it I evidently forgot I never play games). Great prices, thanks for the effort.
Old 05-22-06, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This ad seems better than the Black Friday one! Thanks Speedy
Old 05-22-06, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, this is an awesome ad for sure. ( I work at CC so if anyone has anything I can help them with)
Old 05-22-06, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by xfilekr
Yeah, this is an awesome ad for sure. ( I work at CC so if anyone has anything I can help them with)
They are asking over at CAG if CC will have any more $9.99 games available other than the 30 listed in the ad.

I've replied that from my perspective, I'd say no. Usually I'll see a little blurb somewhere stating "More titles available in store". I'm not seeing that here.

Also, the small print on that game page indicates that most promotions are available at circuitcity.com so it seems to me that folks could order some of these games from the website for $9.99.

If you've got any more intel to share, please be so kind as to do so.

Thanks

Speedy1961
Old 05-22-06, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was amazed to see this ad posted already, at our store we generally get the ad on Wed, so I havn't physically seen it yet- I will check if we got it yet tomorrow when I work and then post back.

I bet the games are only the ones listed, I'll have to see the ad to know for sure about ordering online but I know that with the weekly dvd sales those are instore only (like this weeks 2 for $12 fox dvd promo)
Old 05-22-06, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If I had a PS2 or Xbox then I would probably also be excited about these $9.99 games. Unfortunately never having played either console, I wouldn't know one game from the other, and even though I expect future consoles are backwards compatible I wouldn't know which game to buy for which console.

I'm hoping that when PS3 and Xbox2 are released that it will still be possible to find these games for $9.99 or less somewhere. Or do these go back up in price or out of print forever?

I love playing games, but sadly life has to take priority over games. I vowed no more console games after wasting too many hours on the original Playstation. The last PS1 console game I played was Syphon Filter 3, so you can see how long it has been. At least I can justify a new PC every few years because they can be used for other purposes than just games.

Are any of these $9.99 games so good I should blind-buy just to have them onhand for the day when I finally cave in and buy a console?
Old 05-22-06, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Manzana, you might want to post over in the VG forum for help on that. It is going to depend on your taste. That said, DQ8 for $10 is a steal. I put 80 hours into that on my first go-through.
Old 05-22-06, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn't realize what good games were available for $9.99 until today.. Wow, that's some great stuff!

I went ahead and picked up Metroid Prime 2 at CC, and just did an order online for Dragon Quest VIII since CC was OOS. I'll go ahead and pick them up at full price and then PM them on Sunday.
Old 05-22-06, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
So could I get the CD's I want this wk and than Monday go in and price match to their ad? What are their hours for Memorial Day?
Old 05-22-06, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Artman
So could I get the CD's I want this wk and than Monday go in and price match to their ad? What are their hours for Memorial Day?
10 AM until 8 PM on Sunday and 9 AM until 9 PM on Monday
Old 05-22-06, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can only buy 3 CDs? That kinda sucks. I suppose I'll have to bring friends or make multiple trips.
Old 05-22-06, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I can only buy 3 CDs? That kinda sucks. I suppose I'll have to bring friends or make multiple trips.

NO... you are misunderstanding my friend.

You can only buy 3 copies of EACH cd you want.

So if you were interested in 5 different CDs, you could buy 3 (not 4, 5, 6 , etc...) copies of each for a total of 15.

Capisce?
Old 05-22-06, 05:38 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Damn, great prices!!!!!
Hey what kind of utility or photo software (anything like this)
did they have any crazy memorial prices???
Old 05-23-06, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by speedy1961
NO... you are misunderstanding my friend.

You can only buy 3 copies of EACH cd you want.

So if you were interested in 5 different CDs, you could buy 3 (not 4, 5, 6 , etc...) copies of each for a total of 15.

Capisce?
Ah, thank you for the clarification. Looks like I'll be unloading the ol bank account.
Old 05-23-06, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Ah, thank you for the clarification. Looks like I'll be unloading the ol bank account.

I'll be hitting up my piggy bank.......
Old 05-23-06, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got to actually see the ad today, but didnt get to bring one home. (I can tomorrow if anyone has any real specific questions) The games are only the pictured ones, and it says most pricing and promotions available online, but I wouldn't know for sure.
Old 05-24-06, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought it was an off week for me but I forgot about the Platoon 20th Anniversary Edition. I'll be pricematching BB at CC for that.

Next week's a real biggie: Fast & The Furious Franchise Collection, Underworld: Evolution, Mr. & Mrs. Smith Unrated, Firewall & Dumbo SE. I'll really be counting on you that week to save me some green, Doc Brown.
Old 05-24-06, 04:07 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Manzana
If I had a PS2 or Xbox then I would probably also be excited about these $9.99 games. Unfortunately never having played either console, I wouldn't know one game from the other, and even though I expect future consoles are backwards compatible I wouldn't know which game to buy for which console.

I'm hoping that when PS3 and Xbox2 are released that it will still be possible to find these games for $9.99 or less somewhere. Or do these go back up in price or out of print forever?

I love playing games, but sadly life has to take priority over games. I vowed no more console games after wasting too many hours on the original Playstation. The last PS1 console game I played was Syphon Filter 3, so you can see how long it has been. At least I can justify a new PC every few years because they can be used for other purposes than just games.

Are any of these $9.99 games so good I should blind-buy just to have them onhand for the day when I finally cave in and buy a console?
PS3 is said to be backward compatible with PS2/PS1 games. DQ8 is a very good RPG game, from the maker of Final Fantasy VII (Square-Enix).

XBox 360 is not entirely backward compatible with original Xbox games yet. However, there is an official list of Xbox games that you can play on the XBox 360.
Old 05-24-06, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by eau
PS3 is said to be backward compatible with PS2/PS1 games. DQ8 is a very good RPG game, from the maker of Final Fantasy VII (Square-Enix).

XBox 360 is not entirely backward compatible with original Xbox games yet. However, there is an official list of Xbox games that you can play on the XBox 360.
Thanks eau!

They are freaking out over at CAG about DQ8 for $9.99 Manzana.
Old 05-24-06, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ironj
Damn, great prices!!!!!
Hey what kind of utility or photo software (anything like this)
did they have any crazy memorial prices???
Need more clarification please.....
Old 05-26-06, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As always, thanks Speedy
Old 05-27-06, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hey Speedy did you close your email becuase I tried to email and nothing. I guess I'll ask here but it applies to all the sales

My PS2 controller just fucked up, do any stores have the official one on sale?
Old 05-27-06, 03:34 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Hey Speedy did you close your email becuase I tried to email and nothing. I guess I'll ask here but it applies to all the sales

My PS2 controller just fucked up, do any stores have the official one on sale?
CAG has a current post going for refurnished Logitech Wireless Controller PS2. Pretty cheap. You can get 2 shipped for half the price of a brand new one.

EDIT: Found that website. It is $8.95 each plus $5 shipping, with a limit of 2. The sale is good until tomorrow Sunday.

http://www.midnightbox.com/

Last edited by eau; 05-27-06 at 09:49 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.