Amazon 50% off select Animation DVDs

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 05-10-06, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazon is having a 50% off select Animation DVDs

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...88301/dvdtalk/

They had several of the King of the Hill, Simpsons, and Garfield (& Friends / specials) sets plus several others.

Unforunately I already have most of the stuff that I was interested in.

It's a pretty good deal if you want to get the Garfiend individual dvd specials or buy the "prime time gift set". Remember that set doesn't include the "holidays" disc so you would have to purchase that in addition, but they are all in this sale.
Old 05-10-06, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the heads up! Particularly on the Garfield set + Holidays disc. Can get them all for under $20. Now I just need to find something in the $5 range that I want. Great deal. I loved the Garfield specials.
Old 05-10-06, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by justbarelymovin
Thanks for the heads up! Particularly on the Garfield set + Holidays disc. Can get them all for under $20. Now I just need to find something in the $5 range that I want. Great deal. I loved the Garfield specials.
I'm with you on that one! The Garfield Holiday specials are great. I bought this for my daughter last year, and she LOVES them!!! This is a GREAT price!
Old 05-10-06, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Grabbed the Robots/Ice Age deal, Garfield holiday and Short Circuit all for 20$ shipped. Nice deal.

Do you guys recomend the Garfield set or Garfield and friends vol 2? They are the same price, but VOL 2 is much longer.
Old 05-10-06, 06:21 PM

You'll get more toons with the G&F set and that includes all the US ACRES 'toons. At the end of the day, if you are a Garfield fan, you'll probably want to get everything.

If you get the set, you'll still need the Holiday disc which isn't included for some insane reason.
Old 05-10-06, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by John*D
You'll get more toons with the G&F set and that includes all the US ACRES 'toons. At the end of the day, if you are a Garfield fan, you'll probably want to get everything.
Garfield and Friends for sure!!! 24 G&F episodes on 3 discs. These are great sets.
Old 05-11-06, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by starman9000
Grabbed the Robots/Ice Age deal, Garfield holiday and Short Circuit all for 20$ shipped. Nice deal.

Do you guys recomend the Garfield set or Garfield and friends vol 2? They are the same price, but VOL 2 is much longer.

What's Short Circuit? And I don't see a Robots/Ice Age deal... help me out here.
Old 05-11-06, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pizzamousechips
What's Short Circuit? And I don't see a Robots/Ice Age deal... help me out here.
Search for the Robots (WS) DVD on Amazon. A little way down the page, there's an orange-ish button which says, "Buy Both and Save". Click on that. When you go to Checkout, the price will be correct.
Old 05-11-06, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pizzamousechips

Yeah, wildman pointed out the Robots/Ice age deal, it has it's own thread 9.94 for both. Short Circuit is just the cheese eighties movie, not part of the animation deal, that I threw in to get to free shipping. It seems that you don't need to actually spend 25$ to get free shipping with the Robots/Ice age deal, it just has to be 25$ before the discounts are applied.

Edit* I also just saw that you can get King of the Hill seasons 5 and 4 for $29 thats a great deal.

Last edited by starman9000; 05-11-06 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-14-06, 01:01 AM

I might be getting one or two of those King of the Hill sets OP. And those are definitely some great prices on Garfield. Thanks.