DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   (DEAD) (Price Mistake) Magnum P.I.: The Complete Fourth Season - $12.09 Shipped (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/464525-dead-price-mistake-magnum-p-i-complete-fourth-season-%2412-09-shipped.html)

Darknite39 05-09-06 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by ltrain
The fact that the deal seems to be still going strong enticed me to order one. Isn't this the season where Magnum has to tread water for like the entire episode because he capsized his boat or something? My friend is always raving about that episode so I figured it was probably worth my twelve bucks. Thanks OP!

WOW! You're right--it's the first ep of this season. Now I'm really psyched to get this set. It's my favorite episode (though I thought it was from S 6)!

TheMovieman 05-10-06 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by ltrain
I saw this thread a couple days ago and thought: "Probably a price mistake that won't go through anyway and I don't really need another TV show to add to my collection."

The fact that the deal seems to be still going strong enticed me to order one.

Me as well. I decided to order one. Went with the regular mail and not media, I mean, it's only an extra couple of bucks on a DVD set that sells for $45-50, lol. Plus, I wasn't sure how long it would sit there at this point and I wanted it to ship out a little quicker (though I don't know if it makes a big difference but just in case).

The Cow 05-10-06 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Me as well. I decided to order one. Went with the regular mail and not media, I mean, it's only an extra couple of bucks on a DVD set that sells for $45-50, lol. Plus, I wasn't sure how long it would sit there at this point and I wanted it to ship out a little quicker (though I don't know if it makes a big difference but just in case).

Your point is taken as this is as steal, but it's more in the $35 range.

lumberjack 05-10-06 10:33 AM

Mine shipped!

Order placed: May 6
Shipping confirmation: May 9

$12.09 total with Media Mail

Thanks, OP, DVD Price Search and DVD Pacific!

James Anderson 05-10-06 10:41 AM

dead now

TheMovieman 05-10-06 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by The Cow
Your point is taken as this is as steal, but it's more in the $35 range.

Point taken on your point. :p

Originally Posted by James Anderson
dead now

Got it in just in time I hope.

speedyray 05-10-06 12:52 PM

Wow, reminds me of the old days - a really god deal that actually shipped.

runner001 05-10-06 01:01 PM

got shipping confirmation just a few moments ago.

flix1 05-10-06 01:17 PM

I placed an order this morning for this deal. I saw the correct price in my cart ...

Not sure what happened, but I received a confirmation email that stated an Order Price of $36.xx ($33.85 + S/H).

I called and had them cancel my order. Very easy to get someone on the phone and they promptly cancelled it.

TheMovieman 05-10-06 03:03 PM

So I wonder if those who got a confirmation e-mail with that low price will get it? My account details still has it there for that price so I hope it still goes through.

Bill Geiger 05-10-06 04:43 PM

I never even ordered the set. Was never a Magnum PI fan!

tonka65 05-11-06 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger

Shame on you

ernestrp 05-11-06 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger

Will Power!!! I to passed on this.

kenbenobi 05-12-06 12:30 AM

Excellent! My c/c was authorized for 12.09, so it looks like I'll get mine. I admit I would never have bought this otherwise, but it's a good show and I'll get my 12 bucks worth. I can always sell it used online and easily get my money back...

TheMovieman 05-15-06 12:35 PM

Well, mine is still sitting there so don't know if I'll get a shipping notice or not. How long after the order was placed did you guys get a shipping notice?

Laser Movies 05-15-06 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Well, mine is still sitting there so don't know if I'll get a shipping notice or not. How long after the order was placed did you guys get a shipping notice?

I would imagine they got a lot of orders and may have run out of stock. Hard to say if you will get yours or not. However if your order was not cancelled by now I would assume they will fulfill it. But to answer your question I placed my order on 5/6 and received shipping confirmation on 5/9. Still waiting for it to arrive.

Wallet Boy 05-15-06 05:22 PM

Placed order on 5/6, received shipping notification on 5/10, received today (5/15).

rawer 05-15-06 05:42 PM

I placed my order on the 8th, and it still shows as on backorder.

forumsmy 05-15-06 10:25 PM

For this price, I can wait it out. I also got a few other items, one is filled and the other is also on backorder. But I will wait and wait -- as long as its not cancelled, there is hope.

mbs 05-15-06 10:28 PM

Got mine today. Thanks for posting this, OP.

TheGibbon 05-16-06 08:21 AM

got mine yesterday as well, and was billed for $12.09. a great deal indeed. big thanks to the OP

runner001 05-16-06 02:21 PM

came home today to find the package. thanks OP.

tonka65 05-17-06 12:22 PM

I had gave up on in this, it complety vanished from my order history and today i get a notice its shipping..
Many thanks..

DisneyDVDFAN 05-17-06 12:23 PM

the price for it now is 20.45 + shipping ;(

Laser Movies 05-17-06 09:00 PM

My set arrived today in excellent shape. Thanks again for posting the deal.