Circuit City Prices: May 7 - May 13, 2006

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Circuit City Prices: May 7 - May 13, 2006

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-06, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GeoffreyL
Speedy, I just want to say thanks for all your hard work on the ads every week. If you need me to break some knee-caps, I would be more than happy to . Nice price on Paper Mario for the Gamecube as well.
Not necessary at all.

I was not familiar with this title until today.

What exactly is it? Is it a variation on Paperboy?
Old 04-29-06, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by speedy1961
Not necessary at all.

I was not familiar with this title until today.

What exactly is it? Is it a variation on Paperboy?
I'm not sure, but my wife has been wanting it since it came out. If it is like Paper Mario for the N64, Mario looks like he is a paperdoll on a 2D background.
Old 04-29-06, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Curious......

Thanks for answering back.... It IS appreciated!
Old 04-29-06, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GeoffreyL
I'm not sure, but my wife has been wanting it since it came out. If it is like Paper Mario for the N64, Mario looks like he is a paperdoll on a 2D background.
Yeah, that's exactly what it is.

I have to go back and actually read the prices now. Speedy, I have to say that this really pisses me off and I hope it never happens again. And ignore the douchebag who made that early post in this thread because he's talking out of his ass- you in no way deserve any kind of negative email from anyone in this forum. The mature section of DVDTalk respects and appreciates your efforts.
Old 04-29-06, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice price on Scrubs.
Old 04-29-06, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mifuneral
Nice price on Scrubs.
I'm thinking it could be better..................
Old 04-29-06, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the prices speedy.
Old 04-30-06, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Question about the Mission: Impossible DVD. Is it the original release or the release that came out a few weeks ago?

I gave you some props in the Target thread, Speedy. Your work is greatly appreciated each and every week.

Thanks.
Old 04-30-06, 12:07 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Thanks Speedy!
Paper Mario and Zelda (depending which one) for me.
Old 04-30-06, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by speedy1961
I'm thinking it could be better..................
I'd be surprised if it were. I think this is the exact same price scheme that Target and Circuit City have used for the past two seasons of Scrubs. While it's possible Best Buy will shock me for the third season I just don't see that happening.

I bet Best Buy's price is 29.99.
Old 04-30-06, 01:19 AM

Thanx speedy for the early prices. I hope there is a 2disc Munich though.
Old 04-30-06, 02:07 AM
Banned

Scrubs: Season 3 >>>> $27.99 ****

****Save $10 with purchase of Scrubs Season 3 & seasons 1 or 2
Thank you, Circuit City.

..and thanks for all you do, Speedy. You save me the cost of a Sunday newspaper week after week..and I love you for it.
Old 04-30-06, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So people actually emailed you to complain? Thats pretty fucked up. I never saw anything in threads but can you point to where?

For staying on top with these great threads all the time you should be made an honorary mod or something. Than you can ban those scumbags that bitch and rid this board of some of the trash.

Man, I hope bestbuy dont have much because it looks like Ill be getting about 4 freakin DVDs that week. Thanks for the early prices!
Old 04-30-06, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I want to give you a big Thank You Speedy!

People should never use the email service of Dvdtalk to attack a member. My guess is that they were saying things that would get them banned if they posted it. So they should be banned for sending the emails.
Old 04-30-06, 05:43 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dabaomb
i dunno but it's the type of responses like this that would piss me off if I was in speedy's shoes.

Speedy: Thank you as always. I used to post ads and it was a pain in the butt back then due to the large time committment and the few ungrateful members who would always complain. Thankfully you're here to provide this service for us.

Well said.
Old 04-30-06, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks, as always, speedy.. It's a pretty slow week for me, with the only new release being Munich. I'll probably end up picking up Event Horizon as well, since I was going to wait for the DDD sale.. This'll be just as cheap.

I also want to commend you on all the time and work you put into these threads each week. You reply to just about each and every post of people asking what TVs are on sale, etc. When you could go the route of previous posters and say "This forum is about dvd bargains only."

You really are one of the good ones.
Old 04-30-06, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The Valeyard
Question about the Mission: Impossible DVD. Is it the original release or the release that came out a few weeks ago?

I gave you some props in the Target thread, Speedy. Your work is greatly appreciated each and every week.

Thanks.
It is the new release which Amazon states may still have a movie ticket in it for M:I3.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...v=glance&n=130

The ticket itself expires on 5/14/06 I believe.

Last edited by speedy1961; 04-30-06 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-30-06, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Demolition Man
Once again a BIG THANK YOU speedy from all of CheapAssGamer.com. Very appriciated.

One question however... you listed a Zelda game for the Gamecube... is it Wind Waker or Four Swords that is on sale? Again, many thanks. Don't let a few asshats let you down as many more people love you for giving us these big head ups.
I can't see any writing but the game cover is THIS one (courtesy of Amazon):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...games&v=glance

So it appears to be Four Swords DM.

Last edited by speedy1961; 04-30-06 at 08:18 AM.
Old 04-30-06, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Wow. Great prices on dvds from CC. I'm definitely getting Election for $7.49 and looks like they're the cheapest on the Chili Peppers new album.

Just a heads up on Election which can be had for $2.99 after MIR up until May 17th @ FYE/Strawberries B&M. I know those rebates can be a real pain, but after having some rebates that took a really loooooooooong time I decided to fax them the info (free fax no.) and wouldn't you know it the rebates for Desp. Housewives, SW EPIII and ELR Season 4 showed up on their website on Thursday
Old 04-30-06, 07:08 AM

I usually don't reply to these threads seeing as I have nothing to add or ask, but I would like to say thank you Speedy for all the work you put into these threads
Old 04-30-06, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As always, thanks Speedy!
Old 04-30-06, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sotra
Just a heads up on Election which can be had for $2.99 after MIR up until May 17th @ FYE/Strawberries B&M. I know those rebates can be a real pain, but after having some rebates that took a really loooooooooong time I decided to fax them the info (free fax no.) and wouldn't you know it the rebates for Desp. Housewives, SW EPIII and ELR Season 4 showed up on their website on Thursday
Great find and tip!
Old 04-30-06, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
Thanks for the info, Speedy! I CERTAINLY appreciate your postings here, as do many others.

Those Mother's Day DVD deals are a first-rate bargain. I'll be getting Phantom DVDs for both my Mom and my Mother-In-Law-- they're almost the price I would normally spend on the card alone.

Also it's very good to know that MI:SE will be $9.99 next week. I can pick up a copy this week at BB for $15, get the free ticket inside, go see the flick next weekend and then get $5.50 back come Sunday's ad. That makes the DVD essentially free since movie tickets run $9.50 here.

edit : One thing you might want to revise in your post : The Springsteen release is a DualDisc. The DVD and bonus tracks are on every pressing of this title; it's not a Circuit City exclusive or anything.

Last edited by Decker; 04-30-06 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-30-06, 10:46 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
speedy,
i would say report them and post their screen names here so we can avoid helping them with any tidbits or nuggets or deals in the future. that is just ridiculous! they must be called out and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the DVDTalk law!!!!!
Old 04-30-06, 10:51 AM

If I were to have CC pricematch the price of scrubs season 1 or 2 from Walmart will they still also honor their 10 dollar savings if I buy season 3?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.