DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   HOSTEL Freebies? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/461683-hostel-freebies.html)

MonsterMan 04-08-06 08:56 PM

HOSTEL Freebies?

Any B&Ms going to have any freebies with the release of Hostel this April 18th?

alfonsosoriano 04-08-06 09:01 PM

I don't think we'll know until the ads for that week are posted. Keep an eye out.

John*D 04-08-06 09:24 PM

Free Hooks!!!

ChefWinduAZ 04-08-06 10:08 PM

Free guide to Hostels throughout Europe.

whotony 04-08-06 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by ChefWinduAZ
Free guide to Hostels throughout Europe.

nice

a guy came into my video store last week asking when hostel(he pronounced it like hotel with an s before the T.) comes out.

xage 04-08-06 11:12 PM

This is no joke: There is a bonus horror DVD free if bought at Wherehouse Store B&M

SPiRAL 04-08-06 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by xage
This is no joke: There is a bonus horror DVD free if bought at Wherehouse Store B&M

Mothman Prophecies ? http://www.wherehouse.com/movies/sel...jsp?id=2571758

JWill85 04-09-06 04:06 AM

You get a free temporary tattoo at Best Buy with Hostel :)

SlingshotBandit 04-09-06 05:29 AM

"Of course, my horse."

speedy1961 04-09-06 03:08 PM

None listed at Circuit City

SPiRAL 04-09-06 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by SlingshotBandit
"Of coursh, my horsh."

Fixed. ;)

sotra 04-10-06 08:06 AM

Same at FYE and Strawberries.

speedy1961 04-10-06 11:39 AM

Free tattoos at Best Buy when you buy this title.

Master Killer 04-11-06 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by alfonsosoriano
I don't think we'll know until the ads for that week are posted. Keep an eye out.

I'm sorry, I had to laugh at that one. :lol:

speedy1961 04-11-06 06:50 AM

Free eye gouge at Stop n Shop when you buy this title.

lateforwork 04-11-06 10:16 AM

I wanted to see this and then I found out that there was a different actor, I skipped on it, but I do want to see it now.

whotony 04-11-06 10:55 AM

different actor then what?

Cinemaddiction 04-11-06 01:31 PM

...like anyone saw this for the "acting". :chainsaw:

xage 04-14-06 10:00 PM

geez.. no more special aside from the Tatoo??

xage 04-15-06 09:38 PM

geez.. no more special aside from the Tatoo??

:( I saw now the tatoo.. a sketch of a bloodhound's head with HOSTEL printed underneath it...

kenbenobi 04-16-06 02:43 AM

Although not a "freebie", Walmart's "EXCLUSIVE" is Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 packed with Hostel for 19.96 (online, price in store more vary). I can't believe they have the nerve to say EXCLUSIVE like charging $5 extra for that crappy movie is doing anyone a favor... Strangely, there is another listing packaged with Mothman Prophecies, but are charging $22.87 for that 2-pack. That one doesn't say exclusive though, so perhaps that is what Wherehouse will have...

xage 04-18-06 08:24 PM

I went for bestbuy tatoo

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...e00/hostel.jpg

1080i 04-18-06 09:44 PM

"Although not a "freebie", Walmart's "EXCLUSIVE" is Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 packed with Hostel for 19.96 (online, price in store more vary)"

They are lying, its 13.87 in Store for Hostel Unrated and Chainsaw ;)

dsa_shea 04-18-06 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by 1080i
"Although not a "freebie", Walmart's "EXCLUSIVE" is Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 packed with Hostel for 19.96 (online, price in store more vary)"

Now that's a good deal if you dont have already have TCM 2. I'm happy with the 14.99+tax that I paid sans the gas used to get to any of the big stores.

xage 04-18-06 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Now that's a good deal if you dont have already have TCM 2. I'm happy with the 14.99+tax that I paid sans the gas used to get to any of the big stores.

too bad stores from your home are far... if you are capitalizing gas

xage 04-18-06 10:39 PM

Dude, sounds like you are the one Lying... You just got the info at Walmart.com not at your actual Walmart store.

If you really bought or saw in instore, the Hostel 2pack does not come with TCM2. It comes with the borefest TCM:The Next Generation starred by Matthew McConaughey and Rene Zellweger

bujaga87 04-19-06 11:37 AM

the Walmart up by my school had Hostel in a two pack with Texas Chainsaw Massacre 4: The Next Generation.... Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is the one with Dennis Hopper, and TCM3 is called Leatherface. TCM4 sucks, and has matthew mccanaughey (dont feel like looking up how to spell it) and renee zellwegger

kenbenobi 04-20-06 07:03 PM

Dude, sounds like you are the one Lying... You just got the info at Walmart.com not at your actual Walmart store.

If you really bought or saw in instore, the Hostel 2pack does not come with TCM2. It comes with the borefest TCM:The Next Generation starred by Matthew McConaughey and Rene Zellweger

Dude, the info came from walmart.com which clearly showed a picture of Hostel and TCM2 with Dennis Hopper (although I now notice is says TCM2 The Next Generation), and their mistake was already pointed out. Also, it was posted BEFORE it was out in-store, so there was no way to know Walmart.com was incorrect. No reason to call someone a liar!

jake_spade 04-21-06 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Dude, the info came from walmart.com which clearly showed a picture of Hostel and TCM2 with Dennis Hopper (although I now notice is says TCM2 The Next Generation), and their mistake was already pointed out. Also, it was posted BEFORE it was out in-store, so there was no way to know Walmart.com was incorrect. No reason to call someone a liar!

In fairness to xage, I too was mislead by 1080i post. I came from Walmart store only to find out that there were no $13.87 Hostel 2pack. Even at their sister company Sam's Club they are not selling it at that cheap price.

kenbenobi, you are tolerating a liar, it is pretty obvious that 1080i post intentionaly ( http://forum.dvdtalk.com/search.php?searchid=1312779 << Try clicking the link and you will see why it is only his entire post in this forum) an erroneous/misleading information about the Hostel 2pack sold at Walmart.

ericn101 04-22-06 12:45 AM

Every Walmart has different pricing. You have to call ahead. I always list the Walmart location when I post prices from them.

jake_spade 04-22-06 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by ericn101
Every Walmart has different pricing. You have to call ahead. I always list the Walmart location when I post prices from them.

Was Hostel 2pack at your Walmart reached that lying price of $13.87? I doubt???

Knives 04-22-06 04:06 AM

Free eyeball

kenbenobi 04-22-06 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by jake_spade
In fairness to xage, I too was mislead by 1080i post. I came from Walmart store only to find out that there were no $13.87 Hostel 2pack. Even at their sister company Sam's Club they are not selling it at that cheap price.

kenbenobi, you are tolerating a liar, it is pretty obvious that 1080i post intentionaly ( http://forum.dvdtalk.com/search.php?searchid=1312779 << Try clicking the link and you will see why it is only his entire post in this forum) an erroneous/misleading information about the Hostel 2pack sold at Walmart.

What are you talking about? Your link doesn't work. Anyway, xage's post is calling him a liar become Hostel comes with TCM:TNG instead of TCM2. But that was originally posted by ME from what I saw at walmart.com, and 1080i had simply replied to it. As for the price, Wal-Mart prices are ALWAYS YMMV, and I have seen some new releases go for 13.87 at WM. But this entire thread topic is what comes with Hostel, not how much it cost! You have NO REASON to call him a liar based on this thread!

jake_spade 04-22-06 11:44 PM

My main reason would be.. he created an account to mislead the members (try checking how many posts he made from his profile) in this forum that there is a Hostel 2pack at Walmart that sells for $13.87. If he had bought one or saw one at a Walmart store then he should know that it was TCM:The Next Generation and NOT TCM@ that was onpack.

I stand that he is a liar

Peep 04-23-06 01:30 AM

You also have very few posts and your links suck. Should we think that you created an account just to call him a liar? :)

Can we please change the subject?

jake_spade 04-23-06 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Peep
You also have very few posts and your links suck. Should we think that you created an account just to call him a liar? :)

Can we please change the subject?

Should we also think that you made a post in this thread to express your feelings against me calling other members a liar than sticking to the main subject which is Hostel's legitimate price in the market (specifically the 2pack walmart pricing)?

If you look closely to 1080i's post

1. he/she accused Walmart of Lying about the price (not the packaging)
2. he/she had no proof about the $13.87 price
3. it was only his/her only post since joining DVDtalk

Like kenbenobi, you did not took a close look if the information shared by members are legit or make believe? Especially in this thread about DVD bargains to help other members.

kenbenobi 04-23-06 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by jake_spade
Should we also think that you made a post in this thread to express your feelings against me calling other members a liar than sticking to the main subject which is Hostel's legitimate price in the market (specifically the 2pack walmart pricing)?

NO, THE MAIN SUBJECT IN THIS THREAD IS HOSTEL'S FREEBIES. Where in the title does it say anything about Hostel's price? Anyway, NONE of your points prove that he is a liar. He is obviously new to the forum, and maybe didn't realize it was a different TCM than I had posted. He also may have been joking when he said "they're lying" about the price, and obviously didn't know that Wal-mart prices are YMMV. But still, you have said absolutely nothing that proves he is a liar... You comment was completely uncalled for. That being said, feel free to post a rebuttle if you want, but I won't respond any more on this subject. I just wanted to make a point...

Peep 04-23-06 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
NO, THE MAIN SUBJECT IN THIS THREAD IS HOSTEL'S FREEBIES. Where in the title does it say anything about Hostel's price? Anyway, NONE of your points prove that he is a liar. He is obviously new to the forum, and maybe didn't realize it was a different TCM than I had posted. He also may have been joking when he said "they're lying" about the price, and obviously didn't know that Wal-mart prices are YMMV. But still, you have said absolutely nothing that proves he is a liar... You comment was completely uncalled for. That being said, feel free to post a rebuttle if you want, but I won't respond any more on this subject. I just wanted to make a point...

Well said.

Jake Spade, you've made your point. Please STFU.