Reload this Page >

(DEAD) King Kong - Peter Jackson's Production Diaries $14.99 at Amazon

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 04-06-06, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed that just last week the price on this was $29.96 - Amazon has King Kong - Peter Jackson's production Diaries now priced at $14.99, not a bad deal at all, with standard shipping my total came to $17.97.

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...K/ref=dvdtalk/
Old 04-06-06, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=697118 has it for $15.74, and dvdpricesearch.com tells me that with shipping it's actually cheaper there.
Old 04-06-06, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by alfonsosoriano
http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=697118 has it for $15.74, and dvdpricesearch.com tells me that with shipping it's actually cheaper there.
The one and only time I ordered something from DVD Pacific, it was cancelled. And to top it off, their system was somehow infiltrated and I had to contact them personally to have my account terminated.
Old 04-06-06, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Doctor Gonzo
I noticed that just last week the price on this was $29.96 - Amazon has King Kong - Peter Jackson's production Diaries now priced at $14.99, not a bad deal at all, with standard shipping my total came to $17.97.

Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...v=glance&n=130
Give it a few months and they'll be paying you to take it off their hands.
Old 04-06-06, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Novasonic
I already picture a TWEC sale on it for $19.99 with a $15 MIR or the likes. Theres no way in hell anyone is paying more than that for this shameless and brazen attempt to capitalize on some trivial BS
Old 04-06-06, 12:50 PM

This is an awesome set for collectors but I'm assuming the 2 discs will be in a future King Kong release in November.
Old 04-06-06, 12:57 PM

Columbiahouse lowered the price to $17.21
If you use the B1G1 coupon you can combine that and another disc for $17.21 shipped
Old 04-06-06, 01:05 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 494 Likes on 434 Posts
Originally Posted by OwlAtHome
This is an awesome set for collectors but I'm assuming the 2 discs will be in a future King Kong release in November.
that sounds about right. either way i have no desire for this set as it just seems like overkill.
Old 04-06-06, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
this is available with the universal credit card rewards club as well. I think it is 1500 pts which is the price of a normal dvd. I ordered it through there.
Old 04-06-06, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Novasonic
You took the words right outta my mouth.

This thing has "cut-out" bin written all over it.
Old 04-06-06, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Still saw these two nights ago at the Costco bundled with the one-disk DVD for $28.
Old 04-06-06, 01:49 PM

The way I see it, the 2 disc should have been a 3 disc set that included these. Anything to make more money I guess right? lol
Old 04-06-06, 02:18 PM

I ordered it through Columbia House. IMO, there's a lot of material there for $15. It's not just a DVD or 2. Closeup of the set on Amazon:

Edit: I can't seem to link the photo at amazon. Just click on the link above, then look at the photos.

Last edited by richard98; 04-06-06 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-06-06, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 04-06-06, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got this from Tower Records the other day for $17.99/free shipping. Great deal, and it's a very neat set with A LOT of ground covered.
Old 04-06-06, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by OwlAtHome
No, Peter Jackson said that this is the only time it will be available on DVD.

As for the set itself, it's great. You probably won't care about the briefcase, it's flimsy paper, and ultimately you probably won't keep the DVD in there at all times. The clipboard case is nice, the booklet "clips" to it (the booklit basically has pics from the set, and descriptions of each of the diaries), but the plastic "containers" often slip down due to the weak glue. The DVDs themselves are very nice.

There are also the art reprints which are pretty cool.
Old 04-07-06, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by bradm20
Columbiahouse lowered the price to $17.21
If you use the B1G1 coupon you can combine that and another disc for $17.21 shipped
I just tried code 807748 with the Peter Jackson diaries at $17.21 (regular price $22.95) and then adding another $22.95 disc, but CH the system wouldn't give me either one for free. Is there a trick?
Old 04-07-06, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
I just tried code 807748 with the Peter Jackson diaries at $17.21 (regular price $22.95) and then adding another $22.95 disc, but CH the system wouldn't give me either one for free. Is there a trick?
Sometimes you have to play around with different titles. I was able to get An Evening With Kevin Smith as the free title.
Old 04-07-06, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by bradm20
Sometimes you have to play around with different titles. I was able to get An Evening With Kevin Smith as the free title.
That title works. In fact, anything I tried that's $21.95 and less works. Unfortunately the only other DVD I want is $22.95 which should work because that's the price before the discount on the Diaries. The only other thing I might want at CH doesn't come out until Tuesday.

Does anyone know if the $17.21 Production Diaries price at CH will last through Tuesday? I know the B1G1F code is supposed to expire 4/21, so there should be enough time on that.

This is the problem I always have with CH. I'm lucky to find more than 1 or 2 currently available titles I want to buy because they exclude Fox and Disney which are what make up most of my want list.
Old 04-07-06, 11:21 AM

Thank you to the OP!

I had yet to open the one I got at COSTCO and they have a no questions asked return policy. Good price today and yeah it probably drop even more this summer. Good deal anyway.
Old 04-07-06, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into a discussion about CH, but be aware that it appears that the free shipping is now gone on the BOGO codes. I just wish that I would have placed my order yesterday.
Old 04-07-06, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into a discussion about CH
Don't worry, it happens in every thread. Somebody posts a deal and we have to hear about CH every time. It's been going on for what 4 years now.....
Old 04-07-06, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I don't want to hijack this thread and turn it into a discussion about CH, but be aware that it appears that the free shipping is now gone on the BOGO codes. I just wish that I would have placed my order yesterday.
Yes, I just discovered that. Tonight I'm going to see if I can struggle to find 2 more CH titles I want. Given I'm unlikely to be successful, I'll probably just order from Amazon... except I have to find a 2nd title I want to put it over $25 for free shipping. Here's my favorite part: I have 3 Borders gift cards totalling about $25, but Borders/Amazon only allows you to enter 1 per order!

When this happened last year, I went into Borders to combine several gift cards. The manager said just grab a $25 item, use your gift cards to buy it, return it, and I'll give you a new single $25 gift card. Very simple and no problems. Last week I went in to do the same thing. This time it was a different manager and he almost freaked out and started screaming at me when I told him what I wanted to do. It's amazing how 1 manager is perfectly OK with doing this, and the next one acts like combining gift cards by buying and returning something to get around their stupid online 1 gift card per order limitation is something that ought to be punishable by instant death. There are a bunch of explicatives I'll refrain from using that would describe such managers.
Old 04-07-06, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, I just discovered that. Tonight I'm going to see if I can struggle to find 2 more CH titles I want. Given I'm unlikely to be successful, I'll probably just order from Amazon... except I have to find a 2nd title I want to put it over $25 for free shipping. Here's my favorite part: I have 3 Borders gift cards totalling about $25, but Borders/Amazon only allows you to enter 1 per order!

When this happened last year, I went into Borders to combine several gift cards. The manager said just grab a $25 item, use your gift cards to buy it, return it, and I'll give you a new single $25 gift card. Very simple and no problems. Last week I went in to do the same thing. This time it was a different manager and he almost freaked out and started screaming at me when I told him what I wanted to do. It's amazing how 1 manager is perfectly OK with doing this, and the next one acts like combining gift cards by buying and returning something to get around their stupid online 1 gift card per order limitation is something that ought to be punishable by instant death. There are a bunch of explicatives I'll refrain from using that would describe such managers.

Oh the horror! For god's sake, i don't see what's the problem with the buying and returning, it's no freaking big deal! I hear ya... it's the system, the damn system, some times you just can't win
Old 04-07-06, 10:29 PM
Premium Member

Received 315 Likes on 218 Posts

Just buy another gift card with your multiple gift cards.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.