Reload this Page >

Best Buy price question

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy price question

Old 03-20-06, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Buy price question

I'm planning on buying the Busby Berkeley Collection at Best Buy when it's released tomorrow. However, Best Buy usually discounts DVD's on the first week of release, but the website still has it listed at full list price (60.00) even though Amazon, Target, Circuit City etc.. have it all listed around 40-50 dollars. Just wondering if anyone knows (maybe any BB employees?) if the Berkeley set will be discounted.

p.s. The reason I don't "just go to another store" is because I have a gift card for Best Buy to spend, but would still like a good price.

thanks.
Old 03-20-06, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it advertised at CC or Target, or only online? You could tell them Target/CC have it for less, and they could call and verify.
Old 03-20-06, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jon-w9
Is it advertised at CC or Target, or only online? You could tell them Target/CC have it for less, and they could call and verify.
I only saw the prices listed online. Target seems to be affiliated with Amazon, so I don't know if 40.00 is the in-store price or not. Does Best Buy still have that price match policy?

I'm wondering if anyone has any inside info because sometimes the in-store price for Best Buy is lower than what's online. It's hard to know in advance.
Old 03-20-06, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Pretty much what you see on the website is what you get in store at Best Buy stores, so the odds of a discount on that box set over the website are remote.
Old 03-20-06, 09:21 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by lamphorn
p.s. The reason I don't "just go to another store" is because I have a gift card for Best Buy to spend, but would still like a good price.
It's price match time.
Old 03-20-06, 09:43 PM

Best Buy's box sets are sometimes priced near MSRP when they are first released and then a couple of weeks later they drop the prices. I noticed this most recently with the Peckinpah set, but I have seen it happen numerous times. The Peckinpah set was full MSRP the week of release at all of the Best Buys near me and then it dropped to $42.99 two weeks later. There are often discrepanices between the online prices and the in-store prices at Best Buy. They may have the set for less than $60 tomorrow at the stores.
Old 03-20-06, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Order the set elsewhere, online. Use the gift card on something else.

You're just wasting the gift card if you use it on a product that you know is much cheaper elsewhere.
Old 03-20-06, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mifuneral
Order the set elsewhere, online. Use the gift card on something else.

You're just wasting the gift card if you use it on a product that you know is much cheaper elsewhere.
I'll go to the store and check out the price. Ordering might be the best option. I know right now their website lists the Astaire and Rogers collection at 69.99, when it's only 43.00 at the store, so I think it should be worth a look.
Thanks for the responses.
Old 03-21-06, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

anybody get a price check?
Old 03-24-06, 03:47 PM

Just checked the Fox Point store here in WI and it's $48.99. Might as well use my Double Points card for this weekend....