DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   No deals on the Ice Harvest? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/456963-no-deals-ice-harvest.html)

tacos 02-24-06 10:11 AM

No deals on the Ice Harvest?

Man 19.99 everywhere wtf?

fitzcain 02-24-06 10:19 AM

If you havent seen it yet, steer clear, it wasnt all that good, kind of a mope around for two hours kind of movie. no real direction. It seemed to be billed as a heist movie, and it really wasnt.......almost seemed to be what would guys do after stealing money, then screw each other over for two hours....
Dont mean to slam it, just one of the worst I saw last year in the theater.

Preditor74 02-24-06 10:56 AM

While I personally didn't think it was as bad as the previous poster claims...I bet this is one of those titles that starts off at $20 but we will be able to find in the 3 for $15 section of a Best Buy ad in a couple months...Ill pick it up then...

TheMovieman 02-24-06 11:40 AM

Yeah, I just saw it the other day and I didn't care for it all (I'm not a fan of the dark comedy genre... although, there is a bit of noir in there). It'll be discounted in a few months I suspect.

amd555 02-24-06 04:01 PM

i guess the studio wants to milk the cow on this one. Oh yeah Preditor74, remeber Christmas with the Kranks and The Man, are 2 of many bad titles that were released @ 16.99 or so price, and not yet are on sale at BBy or anywhere else retail!

speedy1961 02-24-06 05:33 PM

I saw at theatre and was mislead by all the hype.

Wait for the eventual price drop.

Dan1boy 02-24-06 06:02 PM

Oh, c'mon, this film was really very good. All these fuddy-duddys are just a little cranky. Definitely Harold Ramis' best work since Groundhog Day and if you enjoyed films like, 'Grosse Pointe Blank,' 'Bad Santa,' 'Memento' and 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' - you'll really like this one.

It's a dark comedy with sporadic, brutal violence people! If its not your thing, don't go see movies within the genre. This film was severely underrated and deserves a second life on DVD.

bworrell 02-25-06 09:54 AM

Wow... I'm surprised by the comments about this movie. I love dark comedies, and this one was a great one!

supfool! 02-25-06 01:10 PM

I haven't seen it, but I'm going to buy it!

speedy1961 02-25-06 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dan1boy
Oh, c'mon, this film was really very good. All these fuddy-duddys are just a little cranky. Definitely Harold Ramis' best work since Groundhog Day and if you enjoyed films like, 'Grosse Pointe Blank,' 'Bad Santa,' 'Memento' and 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' - you'll really like this one.

It's a dark comedy with sporadic, brutal violence people! If its not your thing, don't go see movies within the genre. This film was severely underrated and deserves a second life on DVD.

Well, we are all entitled to our own opinions and I am hardly what you would call "fuddy duddy". Of the films you list above, I saw AND liked all except KKBB which I haven't seen yet.

I would retort that if you like the cast / premise, give the film a look and decide for yourself. I did and was disappointed. Others were not and may not be.