Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Walmart $5.xx Paramount Vintage Classics DVD Sales List

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 02-20-06, 09:25 PM

Besides the recent Walmart $4.88 Selected SONY DVD Sale, here's a new sale on a small quatity of Paramount Vintage Classics DVDs for $5.97 each (My local Walmart's price).

All in a Night's Work
Barefoot in the Park
Carrie (1952, Laurence Olivier and Jennifer Jones)
The Country Girl
Fancy Pants
The Greatest Show on Earth (1953 Oscar winner)
Hud
The Naked Jungle
The Out-of-Towners (1970, Jack Lemmon)
Teacher's Pet

Jerry Lewis Titles

The Delicate Delinquent
The Disorderly Disorder
The Family Jewels
The Ladies Man

Elvis Presley Titles:

Blue Hawaii
Easy Come, Easy Go
Fun in Acapulco
Girls! Girls! Girls!
Paradise, Hawaii Style

Notes:

1) The sales price is YMMV. My local Walmart is $5.97 which is surprisingly higher than the dump bin price. I do hope to hear the report of $5.50 or lower from people.

2) You can buy all the above titles online for less than $6 each. This Walmart sale apparently can't beat the online deals. I'm posting this simply to let people know Walmart has more bargain titles.

Last edited by dvdphilic; 02-20-06 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-20-06, 10:30 PM

I really would like Hud but I have decided to never go inside a Wal-Mart again in my life. So looks like I'll have to spring for the $7 at DDD or whatever it is sometime.
Old 02-21-06, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cfloyd3
I really would like Hud but I have decided to never go inside a Wal-Mart again in my life. So looks like I'll have to spring for the $7 at DDD or whatever it is sometime.
Actually, quite a lit of these are $5.99 @ DDD. Including HUD. WM.com is showing $5.50 for them.

Personally, if they were less than $5 @ B&M, I'd probably buy a few (All in a Night's Work, HUD, Naked Jungle & a few others). But, since DDD will hopefully have a sale soon, and the $5.50 comes out to $5.95 for me @ WM B&Ms so I'll wait on DDD.
Old 02-21-06, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cfloyd3
You and I have made at least one good decision. According my receipt, its been six months and 5 days since I last visited a Walmart and I have sworn never to set foot inside that capitalistic dustbin again. Even if they give these out for free, I would rather encourage Target or other competing businesses. Never Walmart - I feel sick when I see that shopping lot.
Old 02-21-06, 05:15 PM

You wacky crusaders! Have fun bringing down the Man. I'm thinking about picking up "Greatest Show on Earth" - not a bad price at all for an Oscar winner (even if it has been called the least worthy of all Oscar winners.) So, I guess it's off to evil Wal-Mart for me. I'll try not to get run over by any errant pallatte-jacks while I'm in there.