DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Lady and the Tramp prices and exclusives (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/456492-lady-tramp-prices-exclusives.html)

joltman 02-20-06 07:59 AM

Lady and the Tramp prices and exclusives

Wanted to start a thread dedicated to this so I now which deal is the best to get for my fiance as a late valentine's day present.<table><tr><td><font size=+1>Store</font></td><td><font size=+1>Price</font></td><td><font size=+1>Exclusive</font></td></tr><td>Circuit City</td><td><b>14.99</b></td><td>"Go Fetch" cards (I believe it's a deck of cards with the DVD cover on the back of them</td></tr><tr><td>Amazon</td><td>15.06</td></tr><tr><td>Target</td><td>16.99</td><td>Child's admission in movie cash for Shaggy Dog</td></tr><tr><td>Toys R Us</td><td>19.99</td><td><a href="http://img351.imageshack.us/img351/9199/ladytramp2jq.jpg">Lady and the Tramp mini-plush set</a> if you reserve (requires $5 down)</td></tr><tr><td>Best Buy</td><td>16.99</td><td><a href="http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat82200050004">Tramp plush doll</a></td></tr><tr><td>Wal-mart</td><td>?</td><td>CD</td></tr><tr><td>FYE</td><td>19.99 on-line with $7 mir available (same in-store?)</td><td>Lady plush if you reserve</td></tr><tr><td>Disneyshopping.com</td><td>19.99</td><td><a href="http://disneyshopping.go.com/DSProductMoreInfo.process?Theme.Theme_Prop_2=default&Product_Id=192642&Product_More_Info_Id=Z&Group_ Id=1711&Frame_Mode=m#192642">pre-order and get 4 Lithographs, for 29.99 also get lady and tramp mini-plush and pin</a></td></tr></table>
I'm debating between Circuit City since it's the best price or Toys'r'Us because of the plush set. Also, anyone know what's on the Wal-mart exclusive CD? I noticed an ad for it in-store yesterday, but didn't read to see what was on it.

Michael Corvin 02-20-06 09:43 AM

Cool thread. Thanks.

"Go Fetch" sounds like "Go Fish" which would mean it isn't a regular deck of cards, but one with characters on the faces to make it more child oriented. But I guess it could go either way.

silvernackle 02-20-06 10:39 AM

toys r us is selling it for $19.99. nice plush set but i think i'll go for bestbuy's with price-match against circuit city's.

Obi-Jon Kenobi 02-20-06 11:11 AM

At FYE if you reserve you get a Lady plush, also I dont know if its the same price B&m but online its 12.99 after $7 MIR.

fliggil 02-20-06 11:26 AM

just curious, but let's say that best buy's price is $20, will they price match circuit city's $15 even though there are different 'exclusives' ?

CC Jimmy 02-20-06 11:26 AM

The Disney Store online has a set of lithographs with the movie for $19.99. They also have a package where they sell you the movie, lithographs, 2 mini-plush of Lady and the Tramp and a pin for $29.99

icarwngs55 02-20-06 11:28 AM

Yes they will match

pinata242 02-20-06 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by fliggil
just curious, but let's say that best buy's price is $20, will they price match circuit city's $15 even though there are different 'exclusives' ?

This is often YMMV. I've had BB try to not give me their exclusive if I PM another store, even if that store offers their own exclusive.

DVDMovieMan 02-20-06 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by silvernackle
toys r us is selling it for $19.99. nice plush set but i think i'll go for bestbuy's with price-match against circuit city's.

Why not buy at TRU and pricematch CC if you want the plush set?

honeybefly 02-20-06 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by DVDMovieMan
Why not buy at TRU and pricematch CC if you want the plush set?

TRU doesn't pricematch anymore. :-(

The Monkees 02-20-06 01:10 PM

I think I'll go with Best Buy, I got the Thumper plush last year with Bambi. I would be interested in the plush sets but you have to reserve them, and I don't have the money for that right at this moment, have to wait to get paid.

joltman 02-20-06 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by The Monkees
I think I'll go with Best Buy, I got the Thumper plush last year with Bambi. I would be interested in the plush sets but you have to reserve them, and I don't have the money for that right at this moment, have to wait to get paid.

Reserving at TRU only requires $5 down

Obi-Jon Kenobi 02-20-06 02:57 PM

I tried to PM Alladin with the abu plush, but the system wouldnt let me, it was either or.

I did PM batman begins though, and I still got the 2 free cokes.

Eric D. 02-20-06 04:50 PM

I already got the Abu and Thumper exclusives at BB. Guess I'll get the Tramp one too.

DarthPrime 02-20-06 06:10 PM

How do the preorders work at TRU? Do I need to pay in full when I preorder? Also do I need to pick it up on Tuesday to make sure I get the plush set?

joltman 02-20-06 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by DarthPrime
How do the preorders work at TRU? Do I need to pay in full when I preorder? Also do I need to pick it up on Tuesday to make sure I get the plush set?

I'm pretty sure you just need to pu $5 down, not sure about when you need to pick it up.

Shagrath 02-20-06 09:01 PM

If you can get it at BB without picking up the plush doll, then they have to PM. However, if the plush doll is on-pack, then it's definately a YMMV. I'd never had a problem getting a PM with an exclusive before, but last week, they wouldn't let me do it with Saw II, and I ended up just going over to CC and saving the extra money.

eau 02-20-06 11:15 PM

I'm hoping a nearby Walmart will beat CC's $14.99 price :)

Big Worms 02-20-06 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by eau
I'm hoping a nearby Walmart will beat CC's $14.99 price :)

$14.97 and YMMV :D

pie-crust 02-21-06 06:42 AM

If anyone is going the diesney store online route, be advised that they charge insanely for shipping. It was $7 or $8 for my order of the dvd and lithos.
Disney is also doing some promotion for their B&M stores where the first 100 people through the door on the release day, will get a lenticolor. Kinda crappy if you ask me.

DJ_Longfellow 02-21-06 06:54 AM

Is the Best Buy deal going to be Reward Zone only? That seems to be the case lately...I know they had lithographs were RZ only.

speedy1961 02-21-06 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Is the Best Buy deal going to be Reward Zone only? That seems to be the case lately...I know they had lithographs were RZ only.

According to the forthcoming ad, anyone can get an exclusive Tramp plush dog with the purchase of Lady & The Tramp 50th Anniversary Edition. It is NOT listed as a Reward Zone only bonus. This is a 100 plush minimum per store.

Also, you can save $5 instantly on any Disney DVD purchase $14.99 or more when you re-order the Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch & The Wardrobe DVD. Pre-order requires a $5 deposit. (Surely a Best Buy first).

Lady & Tramp DVD is listed as $16.99 which can be brought down to $11.99 with a $5 deposit on Chronicles of Narnia DVD released on 4/4/06.

Confusing, eh?

FantasticVSDoom 02-21-06 07:22 AM

Probably just get it at CC since its the cheapest...Here in NY, its always such a big hassle to pm, and I dont really need anymore "exclusive" items. Just the best deal for me from here on out.

Manzana 02-21-06 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
According to the forthcoming ad, anyone can get an exclusive Tramp plush dog with the purchase of Lady & The Tramp 50th Anniversary Edition. It is NOT listed as a Reward Zone only bonus. This is a 100 plush minimum per store.

Also, you can save $5 instantly on any Disney DVD purchase $14.99 or more when you re-order the Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, Witch & The Wardrobe DVD. Pre-order requires a $5 deposit. (Surely a Best Buy first).

Lady & Tramp DVD is listed as $16.99 which can be brought down to $11.99 with a $5 deposit on Chronicles of Narnia DVD released on 4/4/06.

Confusing, eh?

I would like to get the plush (I got the Aladdin Apu but missed the Bambi Thumper one), but I don't want to pay extra for it, so I was hoping to PM BBY to CC for $14.99. I had originally planned to use up a Suncoast gift card and get it for $19.99 there without a plush. Paying 33% more is normalcy at Suncoast, but there's no way around that if you have gift cards.

Then the other problem is that Narnia has rumors about an extended edition (and so does King Kong) so it would have to be pretty cheap to justify it for me knowing a high double-dip probability. I'm going to take a wild guess that on release week both Narnia and Kong 1-DVD editions will be $14.99-$16.99, but the 2-DVD editions will be at least $21.99. Taking $5 off $21.99 would still exceed my magic $15 number for new releases. Now if someone only wants the 1-DVD edition it might work because I assume the release week price is what counts rather than the price when you preorder it (and the prices tend to drop from $19.99 to $15.99)?

Is this $5 preorder in-store only on 2/28 when you pick up LATT?

This is a difficult decision, but my tendency is to resist the Narnia and Kong preorders, so my dilemma will be whether to use up more of my Suncoast gift cards before Suncoast disappears completely or get the plush from BBY.

ChipHP 02-21-06 10:15 AM

Are the plush toys different sizes? ... some are described as "mini" ... if there is a difference in size, what is it? ...