Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Open Water (and others) $5.99 at Best Buy (WS or FS)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 02-16-06, 03:07 PM

I'm sure this is posted somewhere that I didn't see it, but Best Buy today had either the Full Screen or Wide Screen version of Open Water for $5.99. All six copies that I saw had the exclusive bonus disc inside with approximately 20 minutes of extras.

Also on sale were All of Me, Going Overboard, SNL Best of Will Ferrel Vol. 1 or Vol. 2, SNL Best of Chris Farley, and Van Wilder Unrated. I know some of these have been cheaper elsewhere (Van was $4.99 last week at Target and some of the SNL's have been $5.50 at Wally World), but I thought this was worth a post since Open Water hasn't been spotted this cheap to my knowledge.
Old 02-16-06, 03:51 PM

Thanks for your effort and contribution.

The Open Water deal, although not reported in a seperate thread, was mentioned in the Good, the Bad and the Ugly Thread.
Old 02-18-06, 12:42 AM
Cool New Member

Open Water is the worst movie I've ever seen. Don't waste your money on it.
Unless the bonus disk has the cast and crew killing themselves for putting out such a sorry a$$ flick can't see how its a bonus. Please ask someone credible who has seen it their opinion before you buy it. I didn't and I regret it.
Old 02-18-06, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by outfits
Unless the bonus disk has the cast and crew killing themselves for putting out such a sorry a$$ flick can't see how its a bonus. Please ask someone credible who has seen it their opinion before you buy it. I didn't and I regret it.

Old 02-18-06, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by outfits
Thanks for contributing to the "Bargain" discussion.

I thought it was a solid film. Not spectacular, but very enjoyable. The only real problem I had was with the lighting at the end. Too dark, it was hard to make out what was going on. So there you go, a couple positive lines to balance out the negative above. Back to the bargain...

What's on the bonus disc? Is it worth it?
Old 02-18-06, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
... What's on the bonus disc? Is it worth it?
I haven't opened it yet ... so many DVDs to watch so little time ... the sticker says "20 minutes of extra features" ...

FWIW Ebert & Roper gave it "Two Thumgs Up" ... according to hype quotes on the case ... realizing that their opinion is not the ultimate (or last) word, I have found that I like 90% of the movies that get the "Two Thumgs Up" ...