Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Wal-Mart $4.88 DVDs - Complete Listing

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-06, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bhauge
Thanks ericn101! I was planning to stop there tomorrow from Corvallis (I have a meeting in Salem). Do you remember where in the store the display was located? Did you happen to see any copies of Real Genius (I already have Glory). Thanks
They have the display sort of hidden on a back endbase in electronics, its seems not alot of people are finding it. I did not notice real genius in there, but the display is still pretty full. I stopped in again this morning to pick up Ghosts Of Mars S.E., and they are still well stocked (untill they throw them in the dump bin, which will be soon).

Last edited by ericn101; 02-18-06 at 01:33 PM. Reason: info
Old 02-18-06, 04:04 PM

I just stopped by my local Pittsburgh WalMart. The display was nowhere to be found, so I asked the department clerk. She said that they had just been taken away last night to be sent back. I asked if it would be possible for someone to go back to the warehouse to get a copy of "Real Genius" for me. She said once they're in the back, they aren't allowed to sell them. I asked another clerk about it a few aisles over, and he said the same thing.

Not sure why they've thrown the gauntlet down on these particular Columbia Tristar DVDs. The $4.88 Paramounts that were on a separate endcap a couple weeks ago have now been thrown in with the ever-present $5.50 bin. Weird, because there are some Columbia Tristars in that $5.50 bin, like "The Craft", that have been there for ages.
Old 02-18-06, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ericn101
They have the display sort of hidden on a back endbase in electronics, its seems not alot of people are finding it. I did not notice real genius in there, but the display is still pretty full. I stopped in again this morning to pick up Ghosts Of Mars S.E., and they are still well stocked (untill they throw them in the dump bin, which will be soon).
Thanks. I had to leave for Salem before I saw your reply, but the electronics clerk was kind enough to point out the display after I mentioned "$4.88 DVDs". Due to the way they are set up, it made it difficult to look at the covers (was going to look for Val's face ), so I just looked at the titles on the top security stickers. At first I didn't find any, so I briefly looked in the dump bin and on their regular shelves. Before I left I gave them one more look over and found 3 copies of Real Genius on the bottom shelf
Old 02-19-06, 02:10 AM

I've checked five (5) stores in the Atlanta, GA area without finding this sale. However...

in the Conyers store, I found several titles that were listed in an earlier post as DDD markdowns. All of the following were $5.50 at the Conyers, GA Wal-mart:

Barefoot in the Park
Carrie (1952)
Greatest Show on Earth
Hud
Out-of-Towners (1970)
-- and five Elvis movies (can't remember the titles)

I also found a dozen copies of Only You (Marisa Tomei & Robert Downey Jr.) mixed into a different $5.50 display. Only you is a Columbia, Tri-Star DVD that I don't believe has been listed as part of this sale.

If anyone finds the Columbia/Tri-Star/Sony sale in an Atlanta, GA area Wal-mart, please post the store location here.
Old 02-19-06, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by DiscGuy
I've checked five (5) stores in the Atlanta, GA area without finding this sale. However...

in the Conyers store, I found several titles that were listed in an earlier post as DDD markdowns. All of the following were $5.50 at the Conyers, GA Wal-mart:

Barefoot in the Park
Carrie (1952)
Greatest Show on Earth
Hud
Out-of-Towners (1970)
-- and five Elvis movies (can't remember the titles)

I also found a dozen copies of Only You (Marisa Tomei & Robert Downey Jr.) mixed into a different $5.50 display. Only you is a Columbia, Tri-Star DVD that I don't believe has been listed as part of this sale.

If anyone finds the Columbia/Tri-Star/Sony sale in an Atlanta, GA area Wal-mart, please post the store location here.
The one near me (on highway 78) has them (except Glory SE).

Sade
Old 02-19-06, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Atlanta, the one near Gwinnett Place Mall also had them on Tuesday in the electronics area.
Old 02-19-06, 10:12 AM

I couldn't find the display for the 4.88 movies, but I saw some new titles in the 5.50 bin...

Rocky V
Total Recall
From Hell
Private Parts

are the ones that I remember seeing. I picked up Total Recall.
Old 02-19-06, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Why does Wal Mart seem to hide the $4.88 display. The one I went to had the bin in the very back, it was only luck that I found it... Do they not want to sell them? Are they taking a loss or something?
Old 02-19-06, 06:43 PM

Sade and Patman:

Thanks for the Atlanta area Wal-mart updates! I appreciate the information.
Old 02-19-06, 08:08 PM

I just saw the new Harrison Ford movie Firewall, which turned out to be fairly good. Random Hearts is one of the 4.88 dvds, is it worth a blind buy?
Old 02-20-06, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by LoPan5705
I just saw the new Harrison Ford movie Firewall, which turned out to be fairly good. Random Hearts is one of the 4.88 dvds, is it worth a blind buy?
Haven't seen Random Hearts in years but decided it was worth just $4.88 (there's commentary with Sydney Pollack, enjoyed his track on the Interpreter). I will warn you that it is not a fast paced thriller like Firewall and it's very slowly paced...

If you don't like it, you can sell it off for a couple bucks, still beats renting it in the end.
Old 02-20-06, 04:54 AM

picked up this weekend at my local Wal-mart all are $4.88 titles

1.Glory 2 disc SE
2.Real Genius
3.Thunderheart
4.Indentity SE

Also finally went ahead and picked up Road To Perdition WS DD 5.1 it was only $5.50 but it was not in the $5.50 bin,it was on the regualar rack with other movies at $7.50 great buy on that one as well if anyone is interested.They did not have the DTS version but at least its DD 5.1 and Widescreen Anamorphic.
Old 02-20-06, 08:26 AM

Wonderful. Still no displays in either the Fair Lakes or Burke, VA stores. Too lazy to check out Manassas, Woodbridge, Reston, Alexandria, etc.
Anyone have any idea if these stores have the display??
Old 02-20-06, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not at Sterling or Manassas as of 2/19.
Old 02-20-06, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by RustyOrgan
Wonderful. Still no displays in either the Fair Lakes or Burke, VA stores. Too lazy to check out Manassas, Woodbridge, Reston, Alexandria, etc.
Anyone have any idea if these stores have the display??

I actually live about 5 miles from the Burke one, so I go there often. I hate going to the electronics section because there will always be shopping carts full of new or maybe old stuff blocking the aisles.
Old 02-20-06, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
None of these in Sacramento- I actually would've bought Gigli at that price too (the retarded kid steals the show).
Old 02-20-06, 03:35 PM

Cool! I had the wife pick up Real Genius for me as I've been waiting to get that for quite a while.
Old 02-20-06, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wal-Mart here in town didn't have any of these when I went last week, but it looked like they were in the middle of restocking so I'll have to try back tonight after work. Anyone know if the Mililani Wal-Mart has them?
Old 02-20-06, 05:02 PM

Glory went quick. I was at my Wal-Mart 2 days ago and they didn't have the display out. Today, it was up, and I got the last copy of Glory there. Those with stores that don't have the display yet, you better check in often.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised to find Before Sunrise on the display. Someone mentioned it, but it wasn't in the OP or the followup. It nicely complements the $3.88 Before Sunset of a few weeks back.
Old 02-20-06, 05:11 PM

It pays to ask ... I went to a newly opened Superstore in Addison (northern suburb of Dallas) ... no display ... asked a clerk about the $4.88 DVDs ... she told me that they were still in the back ... behind some other stuff ... and they hadn't been able to setup the display ... she suggested that I come back on Tue. ... after I told her that I lived some distance, she was nice enough to go in the back and get me a copy of Glory SE ...
Old 02-20-06, 05:26 PM

I picked up Frankenfish and Sasquatch in the $4.88 bin, also seen Boa vs. Python and several other b-movie type horror movies there.
Old 02-22-06, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would love to pick up Identity:SE...are you guys seeing many copies of this around? I went digging for half an hour last night in the bin and couldn't find. I'm just wondering if it's worth going to more stores for this.
Old 02-22-06, 09:40 PM

STILL no Sony/Columbia Tri-Star display in the Fair Lakes, VA location - any of you guys know of any stores in NoVa who have this??
Old 02-22-06, 09:48 PM

Oh - But the Fair Lakes, VA store does have the Warner display.
Picked up:
Wag the Dog
The Majestic
I Am Sam
European Vacation
Mad Max Beyong Thunderdome
Old 02-22-06, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The store on Kingstowne Blvd had some of the Sony/Columbia DVDs mixed in with the $5.50 bin. Had to dig deep but managed to get Glory SE and Eye See You. Didn't recall seeing many of the other ones listed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.