DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Free Warner shorts DVD with purchase at B&N

Old 02-07-06, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Free Warner shorts DVD with purchase at B&N

Once again to promote 31 Days of Oscar on TCM, Barnes and Noble is offering an exclusive DVD of shorts from the Warner library. You need to purchase a Warner DVD from a select group of Oscar winners to get the free DVD. Unlike past years I believe these shorts have been included in existing DVD releases as extras. The four shorts listed are:

1) Hollywood Newsreel : real life football heroes meet reel life stars Ginger Rogers and Dick Powell as they tour the Warner Bros, backlot

2) Hollywood:Style Center of the World follows a pretty farm girl who buys a stylish dress just like Joan Crawford's then introduces you to screenland's top designers at work. I think this one is on "The Women " DVD.

3) A Trip Thru a Hollywood Studio You will visit 6 studios, meet big name stars and explore movie technology

4) We Must Have Music : Judy Garland, Mickey Rooney, Nelson Eddy, Busby Berkeley and more musical icons make it thirillingly clear why. I believe this was included with the DVD of "Ziegfeld Girl ."

You can also pick up a free copy of the February issue Now Playing, the TCM program guide without any purchase.

Last edited by Classic Films; 02-07-06 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-07-06, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

wondering when this would show up....i got last years cartoon disc, but missed the first one.
Old 02-07-06, 03:09 PM

Thanks for the info, OP. I got the promo DVD every year and the cashiers were nice enough to give them to me free without buying anything.