Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

deal for 2 disc sets at fye, 5 dollars after mir

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-06, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ltrain
Anyone else who faxed theirs in have a similar experience?
Hard to say. One additional $10 rebate is showing up for me after I re-re-faxed in my submission, but they owe me $10 from a different rebate that I have only mailed in so far, so it could be for that.

If I get this extra $10 because they entered rebate information twice for the same submission, I just won't hound them when they no doubt invalidate the other one I'm waiting for.
Old 06-15-06, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Got all my rebates. 13 $10 Post cards and 10 $5 post cards for the Star Trek movies. That was one thick stack of MIRs. Couldn't they save money including all those in one check per offer ? Oh wait, no, they dont want to. Cos they expect some to be lost in mail and some not to be cashed. Anyways...
Old 06-16-06, 05:27 PM

Just got my two $10 checks for one copy of Magnolia. Thank you Trans World and Parago! Nothing like a free DVD!
Old 06-16-06, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
So, GET THIS..

After buying FOUR of the WB SE DVDs when all this madness started, yesterday I get a total of FOUR postcards. Three of them are for $10 (the correct amount) and one is for $7 (the incorrect amount).

So, I say to myself...

"Self, two questions. One - is $3 really worth the aggrivation of dealing with these suddenly incompetent fools again? Two - why are you talking to yourself?"

In the end, I said "Fuck it! $3 is $3, bitch. Hell, that's a quarter of a tank of gas right there!"

So I called them.

I tried to break it down for them as simply as possible and when he started saying "Do you have a copy of the rebate slip?", I knew where it was going. I told him "Dude, when I sent the rebates in THE FIRST TIME, the rebate form was preprinted with all four discs on the SAME FORM. After the first fiasco where you guys gave the consumers the WRONG ADDRESS to send 'em to, I faxed 'em in again. I am NOT wasting more $$$ faxing this to you again." I then followed it up with the "I've never had problems with you guys before" spiel..

Then..."Well, we thank you for being a valued customer...blah, blah, blah....a $10 rebate will be mailed in 4-6 weeks. Please do not cash the check for $7."
Old 06-17-06, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Got all my rebates. 13 $10 Post cards and 10 $5 post cards for the Star Trek movies. That was one thick stack of MIRs. Couldn't they save money including all those in one check per offer ? Oh wait, no, they dont want to. Cos they expect some to be lost in mail and some not to be cashed. Anyways...
Ha, I know how you feel. I got 9 $10 ones from that sale, 10 $5 star trek ones, another $3, $5, and $10 from other sales. It took me awhile just to tear the thing at the bottom and endorse the checks. Oh well, atleast it cost them more money to mail me 22 post cards.
Old 06-17-06, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
So, GET THIS..

After buying FOUR of the WB SE DVDs when all this madness started, yesterday I get a total of FOUR postcards. Three of them are for $10 (the correct amount) and one is for $7 (the incorrect amount).

So, I say to myself...

"Self, two questions. One - is $3 really worth the aggrivation of dealing with these suddenly incompetent fools again? Two - why are you talking to yourself?"

In the end, I said "Fuck it! $3 is $3, bitch. Hell, that's a quarter of a tank of gas right there!"

So I called them.

I tried to break it down for them as simply as possible and when he started saying "Do you have a copy of the rebate slip?", I knew where it was going. I told him "Dude, when I sent the rebates in THE FIRST TIME, the rebate form was preprinted with all four discs on the SAME FORM. After the first fiasco where you guys gave the consumers the WRONG ADDRESS to send 'em to, I faxed 'em in again. I am NOT wasting more $$$ faxing this to you again." I then followed it up with the "I've never had problems with you guys before" spiel..

Then..."Well, we thank you for being a valued customer...blah, blah, blah....a $10 rebate will be mailed in 4-6 weeks. Please do not cash the check for $7."
Same thing happened to me awhile ago with a different promotion even though I called them to correct it before the check was processed. The CSR said he would fix it, but wouldn't you know it, they still send me a check in the wrong amount. Since it was only $3, I let them slide. Now I get my stack of checks for this promotion and it turns out they make a mistake in my favor. Funny how things work out....