DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Wallace & Gromit: Were-Rabbit Walmart Price (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/455025-wallace-gromit-were-rabbit-walmart-price.html)

amendt1 02-07-06 10:09 AM

Wallace & Gromit: Were-Rabbit Walmart Price

The price for the 2 disc is $19.94 at the Walmart in Bel Air, MD, so you can do a pricematch at Best Buy. But ask the manager and 1 and 2 discs should ring up at $14.99.

ppawuk 02-07-06 10:23 AM

The two disk set in Cleveland Ohio at my local Walmart was also $19.94 with the single disk being $16.88.

Note the second disk is "Gromit's Tail Waggin' DVD", a Walmart exclusive, and contains the bonus material found on the UK version 2 disk version of the movie (specs for the UK version listed here:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...3#post6743203).

Here's what it says for the UK bonus disk. I do not see any indication on the "Gromit's Tail Waggin' DVD" about it containing "Stage Fright" though:
* Making of the Were-Rabbit (9:45mins)
* Cracking Contraptions (23:49mins)
o The Soccamatic
o The Tellyscope
o The Autochef
o The Snoozatron
o The Turbo Diner
o The Bully Proof Vest
o The 525 Crackervac
o A Christmas Cardomatic
o The Snowmanotron
o Shopper 13
* The Amazing World of Wallace & Gromit (15:06mins)
* Stage Fright (11:07mins)

I did not see the two disk version containing the new movie and the original shorts. Also, Walmart this week did not have a flyer (at least by me, so I don't know if you'll be able to pricematch anywhere).

Hope this helps anyone.

JustInsane 02-07-06 11:21 PM

The Walmart I went to the 2 disc set was $20.

Also, incase anyone is going to hit the Van Nuys, CA WalMart, don't believe the sales people when they tell you they are sold out of W&G. Go to the toy department where there is a nice big stand full of DVDs and bonus DVDs. I was there just now and they are very well stocked.

tofferman 02-08-06 08:45 AM

It was $14.77, including the bonus disc, at Walmart in Oakland, CA.

kms_md 02-08-06 09:08 AM

19.94 for the 2 disc outside of STL.

Jason Bovberg 02-08-06 09:12 AM

$14.99 for the 2-disc here in Fort Collins, CO.

icarwngs55 02-08-06 11:18 AM

How is the 2 disc set up? Is it just plastic wrapped on (the 2nd disc that is) or is it inside? and does the 2 disc have a slip cover?

Mike

JustInsane 02-08-06 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by icarwngs55
How is the 2 disc set up? Is it just plastic wrapped on (the 2nd disc that is) or is it inside? and does the 2 disc have a slip cover?

Mike

It's two seperate DVD cases wrapped together side by side

Jericho 02-08-06 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by icarwngs55

Mike

It's in a seperate case which is attached horizontally to the movie. That case has it's own slip cover titled "Gromit's Tail-Waggin' DVD". Actually the Walmart near me had Wallace and Gromit bonus sets, as well as sets for Doom and Waiting... this week. So it's a pretty full display. All the sets were $13.87.

sotra 02-09-06 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by ppawuk
The two disk set in Cleveland Ohio at my local Walmart was also $19.94 with the single disk being $16.88.

Note the second disk is "Gromit's Tail Waggin' DVD", a Walmart exclusive, and contains the bonus material found on the UK version 2 disk version of the movie (specs for the UK version listed here:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...3#post6743203).

Here's what it says for the UK bonus disk. I do not see any indication on the "Gromit's Tail Waggin' DVD" about it containing "Stage Fright" though:
* Making of the Were-Rabbit (9:45mins)
* Cracking Contraptions (23:49mins)
o The Soccamatic
o The Tellyscope
o The Autochef
o The Snoozatron
o The Turbo Diner
o The Bully Proof Vest
o The 525 Crackervac
o A Christmas Cardomatic
o The Snowmanotron
o Shopper 13
* The Amazing World of Wallace & Gromit (15:06mins)
* Stage Fright (11:07mins)

I did not see the two disk version containing the new movie and the original shorts. Also, Walmart this week did not have a flyer (at least by me, so I don't know if you'll be able to pricematch anywhere).

Hope this helps anyone.

Thanks for the info! Picked it up yesterday for $16.88 at my local WM. Stage Fright is actually a special feature on the main W&GCotWR DVD. There are some other special features on the bonus disc not listed here (Gromit's favorite scenes, learn to draw...etc) which makes this WM exclusive well worth it and equal to or maybe even better than the R2 version.

Patman 02-10-06 06:52 PM

I managed to pick up the 2-pack at the Pleasant Hill Super-Wal-Mart in Duluth, GA, for $12.77 (they were selling the single and the 2-pack for the same price for some odd reason).

speedy1961 02-10-06 07:12 PM

$14.50 at Shelton, CT. this afternoon.

Orbi-Wan Techno 02-10-06 10:24 PM

$19.94 in Virginia Beach....

spinning plates 02-11-06 01:41 PM

i saw a $3 off coupon in the latest issue of people magazine. it had heather locklear on the cover.

pathman 02-11-06 04:57 PM

Is anyone seeing the bonus disk packed with the widescreen version or just the full-screen? Thanks,

B

HUNNY23 02-11-06 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by pathman
Is anyone seeing the bonus disk packed with the widescreen version or just the full-screen? Thanks,

B

it varies. there were FS of were-rabbit packed with the bonus disc and VERY limited WS of were-rabbit packed with the bonus disc.

it was $13.72 here at the wal-mart in chula vista.

raidersrule86 02-11-06 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by spinning playes
i saw a $3 off coupon in the latest issue of people magazine. it had heather locklear on the cover.

Could you (or anyone) post a scan of the coupon?

darkside 02-11-06 09:02 PM

Picked up Were Rabbit widescreen with bonus disc tonight for $19.96. Tried to get the cool Corpse Bride cover when it came out last week, but my Wal-Mart only had fullscreen of that one.

kingtopher 02-11-06 11:40 PM

My Walmart had the fullscreen with the bonus disc for $15 and the single versions of both FS and WS for $20. Makes a ton of sense to me.

spinning plates 02-12-06 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by yellowjacket621
Could you (or anyone) post a scan of the coupon?

i don't have a scanner, but i can take a picture of it with my phone, if that helps.

Groucho 02-12-06 01:02 PM

Only two-disk I could find was with the full screen version, so I ended up buying just the one disk.

Steve 02-12-06 01:49 PM

finally saw this at my local walmart. the bonus disk looks pretty much like a port of the R2 Crackling Invention DVD.. Incredible disc - one of the main reasons I went region free.. These are brilliant and hysterical.. definitely worth getting if you don't already have the R2 disc. As for me, I will wait until the were-rabbit price goes down...

darkside 02-12-06 03:18 PM

Yeah, finally a bonus disc worth getting. Typically the bonus discs are crappy with just a few scraps that didn't make it on the regular DVD, but this one is excellent and the DVD should have been released with it in the first place.

kingtopher 02-19-06 09:33 PM

Just an update. For anyone in the southern Maine area, I went to the Scarborough location today and found that they had put out a big stack of the widescreen 2-disc sets. During release week I only found the fullscreen sets, but I guess since those have sold out, they put out the widescreen ones now. The price was still $14.99 for it, too. It made my day.

Dane 02-22-06 09:33 AM

The Cracking Contraptions are not 16:9 Enhanced.