DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Highlander, Xena, and Hercules seasons at DDD Sale (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/454602-highlander-xena-hercules-seasons-ddd-sale.html)

GeoffreyL 02-03-06 08:13 AM

Highlander, Xena, and Hercules seasons at DDD Sale

Saw this on Dvd Pricesearch. DDD has Hercules seasons on sale for $17.99 each. Highlander and Xena are $29.99 each.

Dragon Fly 02-03-06 09:20 AM

oh man.... DDD just loves to take my money away from me :( if I hadn't already capped my budget for the next few months I'd me all over this!

fitzcain 02-03-06 09:42 AM

I way overcapped my budget, with next gen and ds9 trek sets, but was waiting on a price drp for these, 30$ was still too high......but 18 a piece?
I got 2,4,5,6..............to go with my 1 and 3.
Looks like a universal price drop, not a sale though. it says price cut or something.......probably just werent selling at the high prices they been wanting for them, if they drop xena, i'll grab that too.......

HE Pennypacker 02-03-06 09:55 AM

If this is a permanent price drop I just might wait to pick up Hercules.

starman9000 02-03-06 10:03 AM

Thanks op, Picked up Season 1 of Hercules for 13$. Hopefully it is ok. I probably shouldve waited until the next sale.

The description for the first and second seasons both say they include the first 5 movies. This can't be true can it?

ShinMusashi44 02-03-06 10:41 AM

I saw this last night too. But it has a date of 2/21/06 whats with that?

HE Pennypacker 02-03-06 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by starman9000

The description for the first and second seasons both say they include the first 5 movies. This can't be true can it?

The movies only exist on the first season set.

pilot 02-03-06 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by ShinMusashi44
I saw this last night too. But it has a date of 2/21/06 whats with that?

Looks like a MSRP drop, not just a sale ... DDD has on occasion shipped MSRP reduced items sooner than the new date ...I'm tempted to pick up Hercules ..but...I dunno if I should...

Ginwen 02-03-06 11:25 AM

Thanks OP. I'm picking up the last 3 seasons of Xena (to go with the first 3 I got at the last 20% off sale) and season 2 of Hercules (I probably will end up getting the rest too, but it'll take me a while to watch all this, and by then maybe I'll be able to get another 20% off).

Ravenous 02-03-06 01:50 PM

I bough Hercules Seasons 3 - 6 on the last sale in DEc and now this. Shit this pisses me off! I guess its a bit of karma getting me back after getting so much other shit dirt cheap.

Hopefully next year or sooner theyll drop Xena and Highlader to $18 so I can be all over those.

Bill Geiger 02-04-06 01:45 AM

Just need Season 6 of Xena....probably just wait until the next DDD sale.

Pookymeister 02-04-06 02:52 PM

I'm glad i didn't pick these up at Legendary Heroes and only got Highlander s6 and Raven....if this is a perm drop i might have to wait till the next %20 off sale and hope Xena drops by then.

Altimus Prime 02-05-06 12:51 PM

I used to watch the Highlander TV show and really enjoyed it. Big fan of the original movie, but not so much the sequels.

I can remember bits and pieces of the TV show. Been a long time since I saw it. Buying all of it probably isn't practical or desirable. What are opinions on what the best seasons were?

ZakiHasan 02-05-06 01:36 PM

Seasons two through five were probably the best, in my opinion.

MovieExchange 02-05-06 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Altimus Prime
I used to watch the Highlander TV show and really enjoyed it. Big fan of the original movie, but not so much the sequels.

I can remember bits and pieces of the TV show. Been a long time since I saw it. Buying all of it probably isn't practical or desirable. What are opinions on what the best seasons were?

Seasons 1 through 4. 5 absolutely sucked. Adrian Paul was sleepwalking through the episodes, they were recycling plots (the season opened up with Duncan going crazy and killing people, and it ended with him crazy again), and the quickenings just got retarded. The worst one was when Mac killed a former military man and started doing ridiculous military poses during the quickening.

spyd3rgt 02-05-06 05:59 PM

Season 4 is generally considered the pinacle of the series. Maybe you should just pick up the "best of" set they sell on legendaryheroes.com

dvdjunkie32 02-06-06 10:19 AM

Looks like an official pricedrop. These are preorders, so really no point in buying them right now from DDD.

fitzcain 02-06-06 10:34 AM

pre-order or not, I wasnt expecting shipping until late feb, but they just shipped mine......guess I am getting the old packages, most likely, which is good, as my 1 and 3 are original......(who knows what the new ones might be missing....ala xfiles, y'know?)

HE Pennypacker 02-06-06 11:40 AM

Picked up Hercules 2 and 3. Will wait to get rest during the next SALE.

John*D 02-06-06 12:44 PM

I'll have to wait until this SUMMER and snag them all up... minus s3 of highlander which I already have.

Altimus Prime 02-06-06 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by fitzcain
pre-order or not, I wasnt expecting shipping until late feb, but they just shipped mine......guess I am getting the old packages, most likely, which is good, as my 1 and 3 are original......(who knows what the new ones might be missing....ala xfiles, y'know?)

There might not be any packaging changes with this. Could just be a price drop, as what was done with the Trek DVD sets. Same package, new price, that's all.

What's on the "best of" set? Any better price than $30 out there?

And it would suck if you waited for THE sale only to see the price go up just in time for it.

fitzcain 02-06-06 01:38 PM

Thats exactly what I thought, about waiting for the next 20% sale, they probably jack it up to cover the dif on the sale........no point in waiting and then having it back ordered....However, If they dont jack the price, I might jump on the xena sets (well, that had a certain mental image there). at 24 a season, I think they are do-able.........30 still a bit pricey for those....(considering I need 2-6)(considering the latest price drops across the board, for some of the higher priced sets.) 30$ aint bad, but think it will go even cheaper, either by further reduction or a lucky hit on a sale.......time will tell.

spyd3rgt 02-06-06 08:51 PM

What's on the "best of" set? Any better price than $30 out there?

http://www.dvdtown.com/review/highla...de/10693/1413/

If you look around on that site, you can also find comparisons between some of the season sets, comparing the Anchor Bay release vs. the Legendary Heroes release.

SimplyRavishing 02-11-06 04:48 AM

Has anyone ordered these sets Xena from DeepDiscount, and have them shipped already? I need to order season 1 again since LegendaryHeroes.com ripped me off. But I noticed on Deep Discount when I went to order it said will ship on 2/21/06. Thanks in advance...

Gregg Araki Fan 02-11-06 04:30 PM

Overall, season 4 of Highlander is my favorite season......but Season 5 has some classic episodes worth checking out and it gives a lot of depth to the Methos character. Season 6 was the worst in my view, the producers used the shortened season to try out various women for the Raven spinoff.........Adrian Paul was barely in it and looked really bored when he onscreen, it was very sad.